Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

New Mods - JDM Rear Tails & CF Battery/Brake Covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
^ Sorry, no night pics yet, but I will definitely take some and post them up in this thread later this week.

Originally Posted by Csquared
Looks awesome, I'm still thinking about the JDM tails don't know if i like them, but if they are a lot brighter that would be really cool, I don't know I always thought it's safer if the turn signal is a different from the brake lights. But a uniform all red taillights seems pretty nice.

The CF covers go really well your your engine cover.
Thanks, Clement! I love how the CF covers turned out too!

Incidentally, the JDM tails would look REALLY nice on your car. Terry has them on his Blue Slate sedan and they look great! I think they seem to look better on the darker colored cars than on he lighter colored cars for some reason.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Ah damn... you bought that last set of lights...

I was gonna go next week to pick them up......

Old 03-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im sure they look better in person.
I'll check them out soon and see how they look. Pictures dont do justice lol

Old 03-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
Ah damn... you bought that last set of lights...

I was gonna go next week to pick them up......
Well, Rick got two sets in, but I think he sid that he sold the other set (to you, I thought). LOL... so, you may want to give hm a call asap and see if he still has them before someone else on here buys them.

Originally Posted by G35Robby
Im sure they look better in person.
I'll check them out soon and see how they look. Pictures dont do justice lol
Your spot on there, Robby... They do look much better in person... much more suttle... they also look great all lit up at night!

Old 03-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
So A, the harness is true PNP then? (I remember reading in another thread that some were and some weren't).

Old 03-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Yup, complete plug-n-play. No modifications to the factory plug needed. Rick said he thought they would need to be modified, since you have to modify the 350Z plug to fit the JDM Fairlady Z tail lights, but to my surprise these are a simply plug-n-play process. Made it a nice, easy install.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since I have them, I thought I would be all for them on your car - but I feel the way some other people have. It looks... peculiar on IP. I absolutely love them on my car, but something about it just looks different on IP. Of course it may grow on you (us)

Changing the lights is extremely easy for anyone wondering. I'm pretty worthless and it took me like 30 minutes with limited tools available.

My only question - did you also get the JDM reverse light cluster (on the trunk) or just the outer cluster?

Old 03-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Sent one set to a customer over seas and the other set to Adrian, during NISMO's recent move I think they got there inventory confused and we ended up getting 1 more set in yesterday, but those are long gone now too!

Old 03-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Is there a difference in the center between the USDM and JDM ones?

Old 03-25-2009, 07:09 PM
IMO, I think the JDM tail lights look no better than the USDM ones, because they both look just as nice.

On a side note, I find it funny how the grass is always greener on the other side for a lot of people. Some here like swapping out JDM parts. And some in Japan like swapping USDM parts. It's a matter of trying to being unique, I guess. I'm guilty of that, too

Last edited by CalsonicVQ; 03-26-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by CalsonicVQ
IMO, I think the JDM tail lights look no better than the USDM ones, because they both look just as nice.

On a side note, I find it funny how the grass is always greener on the other side for a lot of people. Some here like swapping out JDM parts. And some in Japanese like swapping USDM parts. It's a matter of trying to being unique, I guess. I'm guilty of that, too
Exactly They want stuff that hardly anyone has (USDM), and we want the same (JDM).

I remember my old civic had JDM brake lights on it and they were very unique.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Csquared
Is there a difference in the center between the USDM and JDM ones?
The red used in the light housing on the JDM is more of a lighter red, almost with like a pink hue. While the USDM ones, at least in my opinion, are a rich red color.

When I put in the outer clusters I could notice the difference between them and the reverse lights on the trunk so I switched those out too (which is a little unnerving because you have to break a glued seal on the lights

not the best picture... but maybe someone can tell the difference with it

Old 03-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by popcornten
The red used in the light housing on the JDM is more of a lighter red, almost with like a pink hue. While the USDM ones, at least in my opinion, are a rich red color.

When I put in the outer clusters I could notice the difference between them and the reverse lights on the trunk so I switched those out too (which is a little unnerving because you have to break a glued seal on the lights

Hmmm.. That's strange, because the red around the outside of my JDM tails matches the red on the reverse lights almost exactly... I wonder if they had more than one supplier for the JDM tails and that might account for the differences?

Old 03-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Since I have them, I thought I would be all for them on your car - but I feel the way some other people have. It looks... peculiar on IP. I absolutely love them on my car, but something about it just looks different on IP. Of course it may grow on you (us)

Changing the lights is extremely easy for anyone wondering. I'm pretty worthless and it took me like 30 minutes with limited tools available.

My only question - did you also get the JDM reverse light cluster (on the trunk) or just the outer cluster?
Just got the outer tail light clusters. As you can see in the pics, they match the original reverse lights almost perfectly, so there was no point for me to go with the JDM reverse lights.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Lol from that picture it looks like the JDM is darker in color, I guess I might just tint mine like 1/4 or something like that Don't want it way too dark.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Mods - JDM Rear Tails & CF Battery/Brake Covers