Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

New Mods - JDM Rear Tails & CF Battery/Brake Covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2009 | 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Hmmm.. That's strange, because the red around the outside of my JDM tails matches the red on the reverse lights almost exactly... I wonder if they had more than one supplier for the JDM tails and that might account for the differences?
this may bother you now that I bring it up, maybe not
but look at the second to last picture of the taillights you posted.... don't they look off? like the reverse light is a brighter red, i dunno - they just dont' look like they match

Originally Posted by Csquared
Lol from that picture it looks like the JDM is darker in color, I guess I might just tint mine like 1/4 or something like that Don't want it way too dark.
most likely because my car was FILTHY from driving 360 miles both ways to and from the BEACH. the other car was freshly washed

Old 03-26-2009 | 02:42 AM
|
Originally Posted by popcornten
this may bother you now that I bring it up, maybe not
but look at the second to last picture of the taillights you posted.... don't they look off? like the reverse light is a brighter red, i dunno - they just dont' look like they match
That's just the way the sunlight is catching the reflector in the reverse light in that pic.... but that actually makes the reverse light look more pinky than the JDM, not the other way around. Either way, in nomal light they look virtually identical from every angle. I actually pulled out the factory light and put it next to the JDM and I'd have to say that the red plastic has got to be EXACTLY the same color and even looks like exactly the same plastic. I can't see any difference whatsoever between the two.... other than the amber turn signal surround, ofcourse. I'm wondering if maybe your factory lights were faded a little or something that caused them to be different?

Old 03-26-2009 | 03:40 PM
Premier Member
I think the JDM lights look fine on IP. The change is very subtle. I've had them on for almost a year now on my blue slate and nobody outside the forums would ever notice the difference.

Old 03-26-2009 | 04:17 PM
|
Thank, Terry! Seeing them on your car was one of the reasons I bought them... They look very good on your Blue Slate, but since the differences are so subtle, they don't look over done... just unique.

Yeah, you are right, they are VERY subtle, but that's how I like things.... subtle drop, subtle tint, stock wheels with subtle wheels spacers, etc... Just like you said... Most people (not on this forum) that see my car actually think it's stock, but they can't figure out why it looks better than all the other stock G35 sedans on the road, and that's how I like it. LOL

Incidentally, have you gotten yourself a set of the Hotchkis sway bars yet? If / when you do, let me know and I'd be happy to help you put them on.

Old 03-26-2009 | 04:51 PM
Subtle is always good, i love it when people think the car is stock but can't figure out why it looks so much better than all the other one running around on the street.

Btw Adrian how hard is it to install the front sways? i might take you up on your offer and try to install your sport sway.

Old 03-26-2009 | 06:36 PM
|
The front sway is actually easier than the rear. If you can get a set of ramps, then that will help... just be VERY carful when driving up on the ramps and watch that the ramps don't slide as you try and drive up them... it's always a good idea to have a "spotter" when using ramps.

Once up on ramps just remove all of the bolts (these are 10mm if I remember correctly) and clips holding on the lower plastic undertray. There's like 15 - 20 fasteners total in that thing, so it takesa bit of time to get it off, but they are all very easy to remove, so it's not difficult. Once the undertray is off, you'll have full access to the sway bar brackets and end links. You'll need need a set of box wrenches (either 14mm and 17mm, or 17mm and 19mm, I can't remember, but if you have all 3, then you'll be fine) and a 14mm socket (If I recall correctly) for the bracket bolts. Just remove the end link nuts first to take the load off the sway bar... these are the toughest ones to break loose, so a breaker bar definitely comes in handy here... then once the end link nuts are off and the end links are removed from the stock bar, then you can remove the 4 bolts holding in the factory bushing u-brackets holding on the factory sway bar... that's it... install is just the reverse of removal. It's a pretty simply sway... plus, you will be able to tell if th new bar will work as soon as you get the undertray cover off, so you won't actually have to go through the whole install to know if it will fit.

Old 03-26-2009 | 08:58 PM
Sounds good, I guess I might test fit so the X people can finally figure out if they can use the sways, Mid terms are up again so I'll contact you Adrian if you're still got your offer of shipping it to me, I can ship it back to you afterwards too.

Old 03-26-2009 | 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
I think the JDM lights look fine on IP. The change is very subtle. I've had them on for almost a year now on my blue slate and nobohdy outside the forums would ever notice the difference.
The guy I worked with at West Houston Infiniti to install my exhaust last weekend didn't even notice mine! He's a car guy too!

Once I told him he was like WOW and ran over to the car to see them. Without me saying anything e also said the lights look like the red is a different tint - oh well who knows. They look great either way!

Old 03-26-2009 | 10:13 PM
Very nice, I like the whole underhood treatment. Still deciding on the tails.

Old 03-26-2009 | 11:00 PM
|
Thanks man!! The engine bay will look even better as soon as I get my strut bar ends back from being powder coated and then I can reinstall my strut bar. I also just got done repolishing the strut bar, so it should look VERY nice when I reinstall it.

Old 03-26-2009 | 11:10 PM
What color did you do? you're modding like crazy!

Old 03-27-2009 | 02:12 AM
how much did the cf engine cover run you? and where did you get that awesome rear license plate frame?

Old 03-27-2009 | 12:02 PM
Premier Member
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Incidentally, have you gotten yourself a set of the Hotchkis sway bars yet? If / when you do, let me know and I'd be happy to help you put them on.
Not yet. I'm doing my upper control arms tomorrow.

Old 03-27-2009 | 02:10 PM
|
Originally Posted by Csquared
What color did you do? you're modding like crazy!
Just ended up getting them done in textured black. I really just wanted to get rid of that fugly GT-Spec blue color. LOL...

Also, picked up a few of the chrome window trim pieces and I'm goona have them painted back to see how they turn out. All black windo trim will be my next project.

Originally Posted by kevinn490
how much did the cf engine cover run you? and where did you get that awesome rear license plate frame?
Got both the CF engine cover and license plate frame from Rick at Riverside Infiniti. Just give him a call at 1-800-919-8130 and he'll take care of you... let him know Adrian sent you. I think I paid just under $200 for the CF engine cover, but I can't remember for sure... it's been a while and i'm getting old.

Originally Posted by terrycs
Not yet. I'm doing my upper control arms tomorrow.
Nice! It's a pretty straight forward job.. Not too difficult at all... Travis may have mentioned this to you already, but just make sure that you spin the ball joints around 180° before mounting the new arm, otherwise you won't have enough postive camber adjustment for a lowered car.. You'll also need a large socket (1-1/16" if I recall correctly) in order to tighten the new ball joint down, as well as a torque wrench or breaker bar with pivoting head. Let me know if you'd like any help or if you have any questions on the install. Have fun!!!

Old 03-27-2009 | 02:17 PM
I had the idea of getting the chrome pieces painted too i was thinking a smoke chrome look but i haven't figured out how to do it yet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Mods - JDM Rear Tails & CF Battery/Brake Covers