Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thanks. Yeah I love it. And definitely would not want it any lower when looking under the front of the car and seeing the clearance that's there now.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
looks clean!

Old 05-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man, that is the cleanest drop on a g35 i've ever seen... i've got a question for you though, how was the ride comfort after you installed the front springs(before cutting the rear)? i live in los angeles where you don't have to worry about weather; you gotta trip about potholes. honestly i had a slammed car before my g35, and i'm so sick of worrying about every single dip and bump.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by DamnInfinite
man, that is the cleanest drop on a g35 i've ever seen... i've got a question for you though, how was the ride comfort after you installed the front springs(before cutting the rear)? i live in los angeles where you don't have to worry about weather; you gotta trip about potholes. honestly i had a slammed car before my g35, and i'm so sick of worrying about every single dip and bump.
Ride quality hasn't changed much, if at all, with either the springs or the springs/rear shock mount mod. If you like the look and the only thing that is holding you back is the fear of the ride quality, trust me, you have nothing to worry about.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Did u use part # 4N905R for the 09+ 370z springs? That part # is for OEM 370z Sport Springs

Old 03-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jordan35XHR
Did u use part # 4N905R for the 09+ 370z springs? That part # is for OEM 370z Sport Springs
Honestly I'm not sure. My mechanic ordered them directly from Nissan. I know for a fact they were 370Z sport springs, but I can't tell you the year of the vehicle they were made for. Possibly someone else can chime in on this?

Old 03-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks u actually answered my question in full. The listing I found is for 370z sport springs...and I was making sure that you used the sport 370z springs...since nothing shows up without "sport" in the end

Old 03-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by matts08x
Simply because any of the lowering "kits", including all four springs, would lower the car more than I would want---all of them lower the car more than 1" all the way around, something I did not want to do with the snow and bad roads that we have up here in PA. And from what I understand, coilovers are much the same....

Basically, I didn't want to spend money so I can bash up my front diff with a bad pothole or be helping the local road crews plow snow with my front bumper in the winter.
Coilovers can go close to stock height but it would be pointless to do that
Also, you say no more drop now as many of us do at first haha I did it too then bought coilovers and lowered my car more and more

Im also in a snowy state - WI - with a rwd sedan and the height honestly doesnt make a difference to me in the winter

Old 03-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I like the drop. I'm in the same bucket as you. I live in Toronto, ON. We get a decent chunk of snow every year. I've been looking at lowering my X and I think this is the solution.

As for everybody else nagging on you, last time I checked, it's your money and spend it on what makes YOU happy. I like it and I also like the choice of rims.

Keep up the good work,

Old 03-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by Wi-Z_Sam
Coilovers can go close to stock height but it would be pointless to do that
Also, you say no more drop now as many of us do at first haha I did it too then bought coilovers and lowered my car more and more

Im also in a snowy state - WI - with a rwd sedan and the height honestly doesnt make a difference to me in the winter
Not hating on you at all, but my main height concern is not the bumper, it's the front differential! Literally it is inches off the ground as it is right now. Anyone who lowers an AWD 2nd gen sedan more than I did is asking for EXTREME trouble if they run over something in the road or hit a speed bump or other kind of obstacle too hard/fast. It is a disaster waiting to happen. The factory height of the front diff. is not that high to begin with, so lowering it at all is just increasing the likelihood of something bad happening.

As it turns out, I don't even drive my car in the RAIN anymore, much less snow, so now I'm just more concerned about running over something in the road that shouldn't be there.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by LeFrenchy
I like the drop. I'm in the same bucket as you. I live in Toronto, ON. We get a decent chunk of snow every year. I've been looking at lowering my X and I think this is the solution.

As for everybody else nagging on you, last time I checked, it's your money and spend it on what makes YOU happy. I like it and I also like the choice of rims.

Keep up the good work,
Thanks man. To date, I've still had zero problems with the setup (on fairly limited miles, probably around 5,000 or so). Good luck with the drop!

Old 06-30-2013, 12:27 AM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
has anyone tried the NISMO springs? apparently they are .5in shorter than the sport springs....

Old 07-14-2013, 10:58 PM
i think i am going this route fellas.

matts, close to ephrata? have family there.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Bat, good choice. You won't be disappointed. And yes, I'm in Ephrata all the time! Actually selling my car though. It's listed on this site right now.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:07 PM
so cut 5/8" off the Upper mount?

Im in Ephrata every couple of months and I am always amazed by the amount of modified cars in the area.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!