Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by matts08x
Simply because any of the lowering "kits", including all four springs, would lower the car more than I would want---all of them lower the car more than 1" all the way around, something I did not want to do with the snow and bad roads that we have up here in PA. And from what I understand, coilovers are much the same....

Basically, I didn't want to spend money so I can bash up my front diff with a bad pothole or be helping the local road crews plow snow with my front bumper in the winter.
WHAT!?!?!?! that is the only reason I am going to lower my car, is to help out penndot.
Where in PA are you from?
West Chester over here.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
very nice

Old 03-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrueggemann84
WHAT!?!?!?! that is the only reason I am going to lower my car, is to help out penndot.
Where in PA are you from?
West Chester over here.
haha...I'm from the Lancaster Area. This winter wasn't too bad, as you know, but I still didn't want to take the chance with lowering it too much. Plus, I simply don't like the slammed look.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Supremee
.................................. WHY? Why spend money on springs and labor if it doesnt do anything? looks like stock height to me

Wheels look nice tho
+1 im not trying to be negative here but why spend money when its not mucha difference!?

Old 03-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe you can answer a question for me. When you did the front springs. Did you remove that little black plate in between the bottom of the strut and the rotor held by 2 14mm bolts to get the strut out? I'm trying to do my eibach springs and I am new to the suspension aspect of the vehicle.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by pbabajan
+1 im not trying to be negative here but why spend money when its not mucha difference!?
If you'd read the entire thread I'm sure that question will be answered for you sufficiently. It was discussed quite a bit, and any X owner will understand. If you're not an owner of an X, then you will probably not appreciate the drop. Bottom line is, the front differential of the X's sit low to the ground even from the factory, so lowering an X an substantial amount is recipe for disaster (unless it's gonna be purely a show car....but lets be honest, who is going to make a G35 a show car???).

Old 03-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by jbrueggemann84
Maybe you can answer a question for me. When you did the front springs. Did you remove that little black plate in between the bottom of the strut and the rotor held by 2 14mm bolts to get the strut out? I'm trying to do my eibach springs and I am new to the suspension aspect of the vehicle.
Sorry man, I can't answer that question; I didn't personally complete the work.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:02 PM
cpr
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
* Does anybody know the spring rates for the 370z front springs?
* Would it be dumb to just replace the front springs and not the back? For some reason, I only have a 2 finger gap in the rear which is fine by me.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by cpr
* Would it be dumb to just replace the front springs and not the back? For some reason, I only have a 2 finger gap in the rear which is fine by me.
Not sure what the actual rates are, but the 370Z springs will ONLY fit on the front of our cars, not the back. I think the rear springs from the Z are too short for our cars, from what I've read.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by matts08x
If you'd read the entire thread I'm sure that question will be answered for you sufficiently. It was discussed quite a bit, and any X owner will understand. If you're not an owner of an X, then you will probably not appreciate the drop. Bottom line is, the front differential of the X's sit low to the ground even from the factory, so lowering an X an substantial amount is recipe for disaster (unless it's gonna be purely a show car....but lets be honest, who is going to make a G35 a show car???).
well i guess what im asking is, are you getting your moneys worth? whats the benefits of this with sucha small drop? handling?

Old 03-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by cpr
Start here
https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-bra...xperiment.html

Old 03-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by pbabajan
well i guess what im asking is, are you getting your moneys worth? whats the benefits of this with sucha small drop? handling?
In my opinion, I'm getting my money's worth. The job only cost about 300 bucks total (parts and labor), and I expect another 150 in labor to cut the rear shock mounts down if need be.

The benefits of such a small drop? Simple, the car does not look like a 4x4 truck driving down the road anymore. Again, keep in mind, X owners just simply CANNOT afford to lower their cars much more than an inch if they live in areas with snow or bad roads (the front diff is like 3 inches from the ground now!), something we have both of here in PA. Plus, I hate the slammed look, and personally, believe it looks ghetto when a car is lowered to the ground.

Supposedly the conservative lower will assist in handling, but I'm not too concerned with that. I don't race my car, I drive it back and forth to work and recreational activities

Last edited by matts08x; 03-21-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: add info
Old 03-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is funny with so many giving him crap for spending money on dropping the car when it doesn't look much different. I agree-don't see much difference and I own an X. But I have done so much stupid crap dumping money into everything on my cars in the past and I am sure we all have. Unfortunately at my age now I have a hard time justifying anything other than the needed maintenance on my car. With kids and a family my priorities changed. I miss the old days of pissing money for no damn good reason. You did make the post asking for input and that is what I guess we are giving you. So I will shut up and give you a thumbs up on the wheels.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by rinaldi69
It is funny with so many giving him crap for spending money on dropping the car when it doesn't look much different. I agree-don't see much difference and I own an X. But I have done so much stupid crap dumping money into everything on my cars in the past and I am sure we all have. Unfortunately at my age now I have a hard time justifying anything other than the needed maintenance on my car. With kids and a family my priorities changed. I miss the old days of pissing money for no damn good reason. You did make the post asking for input and that is what I guess we are giving you. So I will shut up and give you a thumbs up on the wheels.
Yeah I honestly couldn't care less about what the naysayers are telling me; I personally like the drop (especially after the rear is down a bit with the shock mount cut) and did not want to go any lower. Everyone has different plans/ideas for what they want their car to look like. I wouldn't have bought an X if I wanted to slam it to the ground. Again, I live in PA and want the practicality of the AWD, so lowering it too low would make no sense what-so-ever.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ohsixmtee
We need to have a localish gathering, Lancaster here as well. Nice ride! I'll be sure to honk and wave like a madman if I see ya. lol

i agree, my boy and i are from Wilm. we found a group in Philly of a bunch of G's planning a meet soon.

check them out

facebook.com/teamprojectg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!