Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by matts08x
Yeah I honestly couldn't care less about what the naysayers are telling me; I personally like the drop (especially after the rear is down a bit with the shock mount cut) and did not want to go any lower. Everyone has different plans/ideas for what they want their car to look like. I wouldn't have bought an X if I wanted to slam it to the ground. Again, I live in PA and want the practicality of the AWD, so lowering it too low would make no sense what-so-ever.
You are doing it the way you want and you have a good reason not to go crazy with the drop. I did the same thing a while back although my local friends completly understood why going to low with a winter driven G35X, is not really a great idea.(my old thread).
You can check out my photobucket album. There are some measurement shots taken when I did this. The lower right valance to ground clearance measurements show a drop of about 3/4" but it settled another 1/8" more within a few weeks.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
Looks ok too me. I would still get an alignment

Old 03-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by broke_as_ajoke
Looks ok too me. I would still get an alignment
Planning on getting an alignment after the rear is dropped a bit, if I choose to do that. Still waiting on the front to settle completely and then I'm going to make my decision as to whether I want to drop the rear a bit with the shock mount cut; at this point, I'm leaning on having that done and I think this will be confirmed as the front probably isn't done dropping quite yet.

I'll have driven a total of around 1500 miles after the front drop with no immediate alignment afterward. I doubt I'll have too many issues from this as long as I get it aligned after the rear drop...

Old 03-23-2012, 01:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So I finally got around getting my 370z fronts installed today, and its such a bliss to take sharp corners once again! It lowered about 3/4 of an inch.. doesn't sound like a lot, but its perfect for me and I dont have to cringe at the gaping 4x4 wheel well gap anymore. Looks aside, the improvement in handling alone I think is worth it.

Anyway, for the rears, I have a set of G35S springs that I'll try over the weekend. Supposedly they'll drop about 1/2" and provide higher spring rates.. so this might work out better than trimming the spring mounts.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Lots of good info in here, free bump

Old 03-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
i live in Pittsburgh, drive an X on BC coils, and this first pic is my daily summer ride height the second pic is my winter daily ride height, which is about 1 inch higher in the front had no problems this winter, did not snowplow or hit potholes or mess up the front dif or anything of the sort and i still got about a 2-3 inch drop from the coils

very very easy to change it back for summer/winter, about 30 mins for the front and 30 for the back to take out the coils, clean them, and change the height and put them back in, a very simple process

Old 03-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by matts08x
Yeah I honestly couldn't care less about what the naysayers are telling me; I personally like the drop (especially after the rear is down a bit with the shock mount cut) and did not want to go any lower. Everyone has different plans/ideas for what they want their car to look like. I wouldn't have bought an X if I wanted to slam it to the ground. Again, I live in PA and want the practicality of the AWD, so lowering it too low would make no sense what-so-ever.
sorry man dont mean to be giving u a hard time! lol
i was just curious how it benefit u!
im not one of those guys that just shoot on people if u did something to your car that i wouldnt have done! just a curious cat here!

Old 03-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by pbabajan
sorry man dont mean to be giving u a hard time! lol
i was just curious how it benefit u!
im not one of those guys that just shoot on people if u did something to your car that i wouldnt have done! just a curious cat here!
THIS.

Nobody is trying to give you a hard time. You posted it, so we're giving our opinions. Good and bad. I just dont see much of a benefit. why spend money and half *** something. then again it is your car.
You act like its either this or slammage! Theres other springs that give a variety of heights.
The differential excuse is crap. i mean come on. But alright its your car and as long as you enjoy it bro.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Haha the differential excuse is definitely NOT "crap" with the type of roads we have around where I live (and also keeping snow in mind). If you think it's a good idea to have your differential approximately 2-2.5" off the ground, then I think you probably want to reconsider that opinion. I did post and am happy for the opinions, though....

Old 03-26-2012, 12:17 AM
Dude i live in NYC. im dropped with Eibachs.

/thread

Nah no hard feelings man. Enjoy the drop. I recommend. Hotchkis sway bars if you dont have it already.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
To lowered journey and S drivers, Look under the front of a 2nd gen X. All the OP is saying is that he prefers to be cautious with regard to the front differential because they are low...even lower than 1st gen X sedans.
A drop is a drop. If you like 3/4" or 3" it's up to the owner.
Part of the reason the pictures don't show the drop is that he posted to soon after changing the springs and the have settle at all.
Some guys here are being a bit critical of the OP's decision.

The following 2 users liked this post by rpm&my_G35:
drivethefive (04-30-2012), GXXXV X (03-28-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Just to update: After 10 days of having the 370Z springs on the front, I'm measuring a 5/8" drop. Hopefully it'll drop another 1/8", which is perfect as far as I'm concerned (let it rain comments haha). I have not got the rear shock mounts cut yet, but I am definitely leaning on doing that come next oil change, when I have the car in the shop. I'll post pics after the job is totally complete, and give final updates on how much it dropped all the way around.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:16 PM
UPDATE! New PICS with rear shock mounts cut.

Just wanted to update everyone with this project. I had the rear shock mounts cut down 5/8", as recommended on this forum. The new pics are with the rear shock mounts cut, as well as the 370Z springs installed on the front (now on for over a month--fully settled I would assume). I'm really happy with the way this turned out overall, especially when looking at the price of the job. I didn't have the car aligned yet, but will do so on a day off this upcoming week. Thanks again to all that helped out with information!

Attached Thumbnails PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!-100_1480.jpg   PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!-100_1482.jpg   PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!-100_1484.jpg  
Old 04-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Looks Great!!

The following users liked this post:
matts08x (04-29-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Aah, you listened and cut your spring mounts, good work. I knew you were gonna take some heat, those pics were a little premautre when first posted. After some settling and evening out the drop in the rear it now looks great, ideal for an X imo. Glad you're happy with the look!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!