Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2012 | 02:26 PM
|
PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!

Hey guys,

Just got the 370Z springs installed on the front of the car yesterday. Thanks for everyone that helped me while researching this option for lowering the X. I didn't want a huge drop and this delivered that result. Only thing is, my mechanic and I talked and decided NOT to cut the rear shock mounts at this time, because we both liked the raked look of the car (and I hate a car that appears to be lower in the rear than the front). So we'll wait and see how much, if at all, the front springs settle and then go from there. So far, I'm measuring approximately 1/2" drop in the front, which is a little less than what I read (7/8" drop)...so maybe they will settle some more? Anyways, here are the pics.

Obviously the first two are with the listed work done, including the 19 x 8.5" (+35) MRR HR2's (thanks Charles, B2AutoDesigns), with 245/40/19's Sumitomo HTRZ III on all four corners. The second two pics are of stock ride height/wheels.

I like it a lot. Awesome, relatively cheap mod. And even more importantly, I love the wheels Thanks Charles (B2AutoDesigns)!

Let me know what you guys think.

Matt

Oh, I didn't get it aligned yet to check out camber adjustment....got the alignment planned for Monday.

Attached Thumbnails PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!-100_1476.jpg   PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!-100_1473.jpg   PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!-100_1462.jpg   PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!-100_1469.jpg  
Old 03-17-2012 | 02:33 PM
.................................. WHY? Why spend money on springs and labor if it doesnt do anything? looks like stock height to me

Wheels look nice tho

Old 03-17-2012 | 02:39 PM
|
Originally Posted by Supremee
.................................. WHY? Why spend money on springs and labor if it doesnt do anything? looks like stock height to me

Wheels look nice tho
Simply because any of the lowering "kits", including all four springs, would lower the car more than I would want---all of them lower the car more than 1" all the way around, something I did not want to do with the snow and bad roads that we have up here in PA. And from what I understand, coilovers are much the same....

Basically, I didn't want to spend money so I can bash up my front diff with a bad pothole or be helping the local road crews plow snow with my front bumper in the winter.

Old 03-17-2012 | 03:22 PM
We need to have a localish gathering, Lancaster here as well. Nice ride! I'll be sure to honk and wave like a madman if I see ya. lol

The following users liked this post:
matts08x (03-17-2012)
Old 03-17-2012 | 04:07 PM
I think its a nice sublte lowering job,,, its something i might do in the future,, since i LOVE the look of mine,, but don't really like the ride on the roads we have around here.... I am on Eibach's btw...

Old 03-17-2012 | 04:20 PM
Looks pretty good. I was one of the guys that did the same a few years ago when I had my X.
The front should settle to a 7/8" drop...mine did.

Something that non X owners may not know/consider is that the front differential is very close to the ground so lowering is something I wouldn't do to much on the AWD if you live in a very snowy winter climate and have bad roads. Like PA.

Also, if you are interested, I have a set of barely used rear upper spring mounts that you can have. They have been just sitting in my garage for a couple years. You cover the shipping and they are yours. This way you can cut a pair and switch back if you don't like it. The rears are very easy compared to the front.

Old 03-17-2012 | 04:30 PM
Looks good, close to stock but a good, even height match between the front and rear. I wonder if I'd get similar results with the 18" sport wheels on my 08x. Hmmm..

Old 03-17-2012 | 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by mroadster2k
Looks good, close to stock but a good, even height match between the front and rear. I wonder if I'd get similar results with the 18" sport wheels on my 08x. Hmmm..
The height match he has will be gone in a couple of weeks when the front settles. To keep it level you need to shave the rear upper coil spring mounts at least 5/8".

The wheels won't make any difference. The tires on the 17" and 18" rims have the same ~84" circumference.

Old 03-17-2012 | 11:04 PM
|
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
The height match he has will be gone in a couple of weeks when the front settles. To keep it level you need to shave the rear upper coil spring mounts at least 5/8".

The wheels won't make any difference. The tires on the 17" and 18" rims have the same ~84" circumference.
Thanks for the compliments guys. And if the front does indeed settle (which I have no reason to believe it won't from what everyone else that has/had it done to their car is saying) then I will get the rear shock mounts cut down; If I do that, I will take additional pics and let you see the difference.

On a side note, I actually like the wheels more than I even thought I would!

Old 03-18-2012 | 03:56 AM
Looks great! unfortunately it usually takes an awd-owner's eyes to appreciate the subtle drop I've got a pair of front 370z springs myself... hopefully i'll get around to having them installed some day!

Old 03-18-2012 | 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Supremee

Wheels look nice tho
Doesn't do anything? Your hilarious. It looks much better then the stock ride night of the X and it's a minimal drop. The front wheel gap on these cars are horrendous. From the looks of your sig, you don't have an X, so obviously your not going to see the difference.

it think it looks much better. Post more pics later on so we can see it settled.

Old 03-18-2012 | 08:38 PM
SEXY WHEELS!!!!!!! DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, I have the same wheels but staggered .19x8.5Front and 19x9.5Rear! Take another picture of the front. I want to see how meety the tires looks! I got 245/35 in the Front and I want to go 245/40. Closer to stock circumference! (Of course I'll change the rear to 275/35)

Old 03-18-2012 | 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Looks pretty good. I was one of the guys that did the same a few years ago when I had my X.
The front should settle to a 7/8" drop...mine did.

Something that non X owners may not know/consider is that the front differential is very close to the ground so lowering is something I wouldn't do to much on the AWD if you live in a very snowy winter climate and have bad roads. Like PA.

Also, if you are interested, I have a set of barely used rear upper spring mounts that you can have. They have been just sitting in my garage for a couple years. You cover the shipping and they are yours. This way you can cut a pair and switch back if you don't like it. The rears are very easy compared to the front.
^ +1, your springs WILL settle, mine settled and I have closer to an inch drop in the front now. Once they settle, you WILL want the shaved rear mounts. I understand what you're saying about the drop, even after you install the rear mounts I still think the drop gives the appearance of the front being a little bit lower.

Another thing to consider. The X already has some understeer from the factory. If you haven't already noticed, you will shortly that you have just contributed to the understeer even more with the new spring/mount set up. Time to upgrade your rear sway if you want to properly correct that.

Post some pics after awhile so everyone can see the set up after settling has occured. Guess some of the "S" guys just don't understand the need for a mild drop on our X's.

Old 03-18-2012 | 11:17 PM
|
How long will it take to settle the entire way? I have an oil change coming up in another month or so, so I was planning on getting the rear shock mounts cut down at that time if need be.

And yep, I will definitely try to post more pics once it's settled the entire way and after the rear shock mount cut is done. Thanks again for the compliments, help, and suggestions.

Old 03-20-2012 | 12:16 AM
my 370z springs were basically brand new since the owner upgraded his springs right when he got his car. I can't remember the exact time frame but I think it was a couple of weeks and I could tell a difference. Some it will depend on how new the springs are. Hopefully that helps, maybe someone else can chime in, just don't have an exact amount of time.

The following users liked this post:
matts08x (03-20-2012)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PICS! Just installed 370Z springs and 19's on 08x!!