New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New Member Check In bc Mom said so

Old 09-28-2016, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member Check In bc Mom said so

Short time lurker, first time poster.

Indiana. Bought an '03 coupe a month and a half ago. 135k miles and in need of love but we'll get that sorted out over time.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:10 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Not the best way to make a good first impression but whatever................Seems like someone needs to grow up a bit.

Old 10-03-2016, 03:18 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Not the best way to make a good first impression but whatever................Seems like someone needs to grow up a bit.
I can understand that the forum for a new car that cost over $30k OTD would be filled with working professionals who do not accept hooning around and such, but you have to expect that as the G35 becomes cheaper and cheaper as a used car, the enthusiasts heading in here are not going to value the same things, and even those with wholesome values are not going to appear the same as you would expect.

I do not condone illegal street racing and such activities, but I find it ironic how someone showing himself really driving and enjoying his car will get slammed in a forum full of auto enthusiasts.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:53 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Yeah, looks like he's on a track, so who cares? Only thing I care about is those windows that need tint. Get on that, OP.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:01 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
That's not my issue, it's the finger gesture that is so "proudly" being displayed. I know a bunch of 14-15 year old's that are more mature than to put this kind of attitude on a forum in their first post, my post has nothing to do with racing. Lord knows I enjoy a good spirited drive and display of speed from time to time but the picture lacks maturity and class IMHO.

If this is what the future of Driver holds as a general attitude that's accepted and even embraced I'll politely go hang out over on my GTO forum where the situation is the same as ours here, falling prices and cars affordable to many people who weren't available to afford them 5 years ago. Hell the Goats were significantly cheaper than the G's of the same year when they were new but the majority of our members over there are still way more mature, intelligent and classy than the majority of the new folks on Driver. Do we still get some d!ckheads, yes, but they are few and far between.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First time g owner! Purchased a 2006 g35x with 109,000 miles and am looking to freshen up the front the front suspension.Looked around and could not really find dedicated parts to X model (mostly rwd G's) .I am trying to replace both front ball joints,lower control arms, and axles.Are eBay parts reliable? Thank you.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Welcome to 'Driver BTW!

Originally Posted by ydujour
First time g owner! Purchased a 2006 g35x with 109,000 miles and am looking to freshen up the front the front suspension.Looked around and could not really find dedicated parts to X model (mostly rwd G's) .I am trying to replace both front ball joints,lower control arms, and axles.Are eBay parts reliable? Thank you.
Welcome to 'Driver!

Ebay parts are a crap shoot depending on how well you can recognize quality through a few pictures, if they are posting actual pictures of the item being sold.

With that said, I usually avoid ebay parts. If you are looking for OEM replacements and you aren't looking for aftermarket performance parts, PartsGeek.com is a good place to look.

If you are looking for actual aftermarket performance parts, we have a lot of vendors here who are willing to give you a great deal on parts. There are always owners trading in and demodding or swapping out parts so if you are on a tighter budget, then you can always look in the classifieds. The Gs share a lot of parts with the Zs so you might want to peruse their classifieds as well.

Last edited by dofu; 10-04-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dofu Thanks!!
Partsgeek seems to get a lot of negative reviews based on the complaint websites, I don't why.I would be willing to buy aftermarket performance parts but I just end up finding a lot of coilovers.I actually am looking to replace the 2 front balljoints, 2 lower control arms, and an axle.If I could find these parts for my g35x in heavy duty aftermarket that would be great.Why is finding parts for the X's so hard and expensive?!! Still love it.

Old 10-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by ydujour
dofu Thanks!!
Partsgeek seems to get a lot of negative reviews based on the complaint websites, I don't why.I would be willing to buy aftermarket performance parts but I just end up finding a lot of coilovers.I actually am looking to replace the 2 front balljoints, 2 lower control arms, and an axle.If I could find these parts for my g35x in heavy duty aftermarket that would be great.Why is finding parts for the X's so hard and expensive?!! Still love it.
I can sell you both of my AWD lower control arms with energy suspension bushings in them already. Just got into a small accident and am parting out. Pm me if interested.