New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Here's my '05 Athens Blue 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2005 | 04:15 AM
|
Here's my '05 Athens Blue 6MT

Hey All-

Just introducing myself...I picked up a G a couple of weeks ago:

2005 Athens Blue 6MT Coupe
Graphite leather
Premium
Navigation
Aero
Splash guards

As I understand, the only loaded, Athens blue, 6MT coupe on the West Coast. After browsing dealers inventories the past few weeks, I'm pretty sure this is a fairly safe statement. Very happy with my choice of car, color, and options.

I'm coming from an '02 Porsche Boxster, so it's quite a different drive/experience driving that compared to the G. I haven't driven the G much the since I've picked it up, as I still have my Box for another few weeks. I love that car and am gonna miss the Porsche/convertible experience, but I need something that can seat four. The G fits the bill, but I can definitely see another Porsche in my future.

As for mods...I haven't really looked into anything I want to do, but I have noticed that one's money can go a long way with mods, especially compared to my Box. For now, though, it will stay stock until I figure out what I might want to splurge on.

A couple of my coworkers browse and sometimes post on this site...one's an owner of a midnight (or is it twilight?) blue coupe, and the other is currently looking for a loaded, Lakeshore Slate 6MT. He's ran into some a-hole dealers here in LA, unfortunately.

Anyways, I'll try and attach a picture of my G. Maybe I'll take pictures of both of my rides together while I still have the Box.

Thanks.

By the way, I'm in LA, on the westside.

Jorell

Attached Thumbnails Here's my '05 Athens Blue 6MT-img_1528_700.jpg   Here's my '05 Athens Blue 6MT-img_1460_700.jpg   Here's my '05 Athens Blue 6MT-img_1535_700.jpg  

Last edited by jorell; 09-21-2005 at 04:18 AM.
Old 09-21-2005 | 05:25 AM
congrats on your new G....i like that second pic....

Old 09-21-2005 | 05:42 AM
very very cleean man, have fun with it

Old 09-21-2005 | 11:05 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Your car is as pretty as a G35 gets. Athens Blue is sooooo insanely gorgeous in the sun

Old 09-21-2005 | 07:18 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
What a great color. Another beautiful G hits the road. Congrats on your new ride. Enjoy!

Old 09-21-2005 | 07:55 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Hey dude, I just found the same car at Infiniti of Santa Monica...Athens Blue, 6 speed, Premium, Sport, Navigation, fully loaded. I think the dealership was BSing you man.

Haha....j/k

Old 09-21-2005 | 08:22 PM
|
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
Hey dude, I just found the same car at Infiniti of Santa Monica...Athens Blue, 6 speed, Premium, Sport, Navigation, fully loaded. I think the dealership was BSing you man.

Haha....j/k
Heheh. Good one...

Almost made me check their inventory!

Old 09-21-2005 | 08:25 PM
Rollin On Dubz
All you gotta do is tint those windows...possibly a drop depending in your tastes.

Old 09-22-2005 | 01:37 AM
|
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
All you gotta do is tint those windows...possibly a drop depending in your tastes.
The tint will come soon. Any installer recommendations (if you happen to be in LA)?

Dropping...we'll see. Snooping around to see what, if any, mods I'll be doing soon.

Thx.

Old 09-22-2005 | 02:02 AM
Rollin On Dubz
Yea, I have an excellent place that does tints...best prices and service....

They are located in the San Fernando Valley in Woodland Hills. Solar Eclipse window tinting, they have a life time gaurantee on their work and their prices are much better than anywhere in the 310 area. I've actually referred other members from here to them. I don't know if its too far of a drive for you, but call them and get a price, I'm sure it will be worth it to come down to get it done, not to mention excellent quality work that they stand behind.

Old 09-22-2005 | 02:14 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Forgot to say, definitely post some pictures of the G and the P-car and maybe even a short comparison Which Porsche are you thinking about in the future?

Old 09-22-2005 | 08:24 AM
pic #2 is sweet! Enjoy

Old 09-28-2005 | 03:40 PM
wow awesome pictures ... and the color ... simly GORGEOUS!
however, it just looks so ... should i say Caribbean ... which makes it even better (at least for me)

Go Blue !!!

Old 09-28-2005 | 05:36 PM
|
Originally Posted by blueSKYLINE
wow awesome pictures ... and the color ... simly GORGEOUS!
however, it just looks so ... should i say Caribbean ... which makes it even better (at least for me)

Go Blue !!!
Thanks...I'm a fan of blue cars as well. First car in high school (Celica) was blue, had a blue Subie Outback at the end of college, and my Boxster is dark (lapis) blue.

This Athens Blue is a shade lighter than my previous cars...but I'm lovin' it. How would you compare AB to CB? Maybe AB's a little less 'candy'?

Saw your other post as well...that's my coworker's Lakeshore 6MT. We've got 3/4 of the G's blues covered with my AB, his Lakeshore, and another coworker's TB. Join the party and make it 4 for 4!

Old 09-28-2005 | 09:13 PM
GearheadsAnonymousFounder
no offense to MikeyMike, but personally ive had bad experiences with Solar Eclipse. The way they tinted my car made trying to look through the rear at night impossible, as it was completely blurry due to our window heater (sry, im not quite sure what the actual name is). they re-applied it but it came out the same way. I'd recommend going to Ed's Window Tinting in Encino, as i got 5 windows done for 120, lifetime garuntee, not a single bubble anywhere, and looking through the back at night is completely clear.

he's got anywhere from 50% to 5% in his shop, so there is a good variation to choose from. personally i went with 8% all around, and it just looks oh so damn good.

good luck with whoever u choose to tint ur ride. feel free to PM me if u want any more info.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here's my '05 Athens Blue 6MT