NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

DC Area G Owners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC Area G Owners?

Anyone else around the DC area? I've only seen one other G sedan since I got mine, and it was a silver one in downtown DC today... other than that, I've got apparently the hottest car on the block - breakin' necks like it's nobody's business!

Old 08-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by airhoppz
Anyone else around the DC area? I've only seen one other G sedan since I got mine, and it was a silver one in downtown DC today... other than that, I've got apparently the hottest car on the block - breakin' necks like it's nobody's business!
I'm in Richmond of VA; however, i'm in DC alot.

I see them more and more every day even at the Enterprise Rental Car, lol

Old 08-25-2007, 08:56 PM
What part of DC do you live in? I live in NOVA, more specifically, the Potomac Falls area (just west of Great Falls, VA).

I see a few new G's around here, most all of them are G35x's. I've only seen two sports here...ever.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i live in rockville and see very few new sedans, like the others. there is one Sport in my neighborhood, but most are Xs.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Ahh gotcha. I haven't seen many G's since I got mine...which I guess is a good thing.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Springfield, VA...but I'll be in Aberdeen, MD during the weeks for job training for the next couple of months. I'll be out living the nightlife in DC on the weekends though

Old 08-26-2007, 08:09 AM
How old are all you guys? I'm 23 and am usually out in Clarendon or Georgetown enjoying the nightlife on the weekends.

Perhaps we should all set a date for a local get together and cruise.

Since I've only had my car a week, I've gotten a few PM's from people, also from the area, asking for advise on my buying experience. If they're reading this, we really should all plan some sorta get together. Actually put a face to some of the guys on here and actually hang out with some other G enthusiasts.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nationalGclub Baby! I'm over in MD.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by fecurtis
How old are all you guys? I'm 23 and am usually out in Clarendon or Georgetown enjoying the nightlife on the weekends.

Perhaps we should all set a date for a local get together and cruise.

Since I've only had my car a week, I've gotten a few PM's from people, also from the area, asking for advise on my buying experience. If they're reading this, we really should all plan some sorta get together. Actually put a face to some of the guys on here and actually hang out with some other G enthusiasts.
Sounds good man...you enjoy Adams Morgan? I like to go to TomTom in Adams Morgan...I also like Fur Nightclub and some other places.

Oh and I'm 22. What's in Clarendon?

Old 08-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Maryland here. I work in College Park and avoid DC.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Sounds good man...you enjoy Adams Morgan? I like to go to TomTom in Adams Morgan...I also like Fur Nightclub and some other places.

Oh and I'm 22. What's in Clarendon?
I'm in Shirlington/Alexandria area...platinum silver, g35 sport...windows have a nice dark 30% tint on them. i've seen a couple of G's...both sport and x. I work in herndon so i've seen a few of you guys on the toll road in the morning.

good places in clarendon? whitlows, ballroom, clarendon grill, liberty tavern are all decent but man they are PACKED. I like hitting adams mill in adams morgan from time to time...as well as cleveland park on the weekends...nice chill scene....

Old 08-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Alexandria here as well - as kmuniz said, check out the nationalGclub https://g35driver.com/forums/nationalgclub-133/

it'll be nice to see a few more G enthusiasts around rockin' the new sedans

Old 08-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Looks like the DC area has a tight little crew of G members around. I've been to Adams Morgan a few times...the pizza there is amazing once I've obtained the drunchies.

As for Clarendon, I typically go to Ballroom, it gets crowded but on nice nights the rooftop bar is a nice area to hang out.

I'll be out of town next weekend (attending the first VT football game in Blacksburg). I'll check the local G forum area for weekly happy hours and try to meet up with you guys. Also, if you all are planning on a trip to go bar hopping, let me know, I'd be interested the next weekend I'm in town. Most of my buddies are back in college now (sadly I'm one of the only few who graduated on time) so I need to go out and meet new faces.

Do you guys typically partake in cruises on nice weekends?

Old 08-26-2007, 05:32 PM
hi, - I live in North Bethesda and work in Shirlington. Have just in the last few weeks started to see more some new Gs around, mostly Xs, some Ss- got mine v early and was lonely most of the year!! Wave next time! And take care in Va, our Nations largest ticket trap

Old 08-26-2007, 08:07 PM
I grew up in the D.C. area, but moved out years ago (live in NY now). I'm surprised that people have observed that most of the G's are G35x's. D.C. doesn't really get that much snow (one or two bad ones a year maybe). I suppose AWD is nice even there since (1) G35 would normally be a RWD only and (2) not sure what it's like now, but when I used to live there, the local governments weren't very good about plowing the snow.

The places folks mentioned above bring back fond memories of when I lived there. I lived in McLean, VA, and my house was less than 5 miles from Georgetown. During the day, I used to bike from McLean to Georgetown (taking Canal road). It probably was faster to bike there than it was to drive there (and get stuck in traffic during peak Georgetown hours). However, dates don't think it's too fancy if I were to pick them up on a bicycle :-). I suppose a G35 would be much more impressive!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DC Area G Owners?