NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Nyc Bars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nyc Bars

sup.
Fellow Cali G'er here. I'm going to NYC next week. Can anyone tell me about some good bars to go to? I'm looking for small neighborhood bars.
Thanks in advance.

Old 04-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what part of NYC, and what kind of crowd you looking for? also, what kind of atmoshpere and music?

Old 04-20-2005, 09:19 PM
McSorley's. It's in the east village (east greenwich village) which is the lower east side of Manhattan. They only serve beer (brew their own). Your choices are light and dark. They come in 2 8 ounce glasses. It's a must see in my book. Check this link http://www.beertravelers.com/details...mcsorleys.html.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:43 AM
thanks guys. i am not familiar with NYC at all.
The only thing i know is that i'm staying on 57th and Broadway. Wherever that is. So, if you know any bars around that area, that would be cool.
I'd also like to visit some college bars. Pickup some local college chics.

Old 04-21-2005, 03:39 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Listen.....if you wanna see some hot girls.... and nice classy places.... go to MEAT PACKING DISTRICT.... 9th AVE and 14th Street. There are a bunch of place there that are hot. Girls are a bit ona snotty side(sometimes) but they look good and especially with warm weather... OOOmuch skin.

warning... if you driving... dont bother... looking for a spot pass 9pm is next to impossible take a cab... and be there by 9:30 -10...you might be one of the first few in the bar... but girls are there.

Place i would hit up first is ONE.. then go from there.

Old 04-21-2005, 03:42 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by patrickwong
thanks guys. i am not familiar with NYC at all.
The only thing i know is that i'm staying on 57th and Broadway. Wherever that is. So, if you know any bars around that area, that would be cool.
I'd also like to visit some college bars. Pickup some local college chics.
miss that one....

if you want college girls... that might be a stretch. most college girls you will meet are NYU girls since its mainly downtown... and even then they are too much into art or just wont talk to anyone other then the cirlce they know. nyu crowd is very clickish. But If you wanna give it a try.... 3rd AVE and 13th Street is your best bet.

Some places up and down 3rd between 13th and 16th are all nyu people. then you can always hit up union square which is ok in my opinion... but once again more NYU girls

Old 04-21-2005, 12:59 PM
myGspot..... Cool man. I'm writing all these suggestions down. Thanks man. Yeah, i'm anxious to see how you guys party out there. And, see some hotties.

Old 04-21-2005, 01:06 PM
sup.
Fellow Cali G'er here. I'm going to NYC next week. Can anyone tell me about some good bars to go to? I'm looking for small neighborhood bars.
Thanks in advance.
Patrick,
52nd and 2nd ave has some nice bars with a younger crowd. Opel Lounge, Turtle Bay, Bar Room. I like to hit those a few times a month.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:12 PM
PeteNJ.....Thanks! I'll definetely go by those bar.You should come out too!

Old 04-21-2005, 02:31 PM
During the day, hang out outside FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology) LIke 28th n 7th - Part of the requirements for entry into this school is that you have to be smoking hot!!! Seriously!! Ugly chicks don't do fashion!!

You are staying just north of Times Square. Kinda touristy. Stay away from the tourist trap places! Mcsorely's as somoen mentioned is pretty cool. I believe it is the oldest bar in NY possibly the country (that is still in existence) When you walk in, don't mind the wishbones hangin from the light fixtures. They are covered in inches of dust. Apparently, guys went there prior to shipping out for WWI or II and when they came home, they took their wishbone back. Those that remain....well you can figure that out!

You should also try 2nd Ave in the 40's n 50's for a strip of bars! Also, If you are coming with other folks, it's a great time to set up a NYC PUB CRAWL!!!!!

You may also want to check out Scores (nuuuuuuudey bar) (East and West) I have been to East and it is pretty darn good. West is newer and have heard that is good. Their is also the Penthouse club and Hustler Club.

So many places, you can just walk around and run into something. The villiage will def give you the most variety in the shortest amount of distance! Upper East is so so and Upper West the spots are few and far between.

Old 04-21-2005, 03:26 PM
If you wanna really have a good time, take the train from NYC to Philly and really get crazy!!!! hahahaha Kidding!

New York is an awesome place but (from an outsiders perspective) can get over-welhming sometimes....

What Hotel are u staying at???

Old 04-21-2005, 04:18 PM
PeteNJ.....Thanks! I'll definetely go by those bar.You should come out too!
Patrick,
If you are going out on a Friday/Saturday night let me know I will probably be out.

Old 04-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Diesel1
During the day, hang out outside FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology) LIke 28th n 7th - Part of the requirements for entry into this school is that you have to be smoking hot!!! Seriously!! Ugly chicks don't do fashion!!
+1 this is definitely true as I work in the Fashion industry. Another bar which IMHO is underated due to its close proximity to the Port Authority is "Fashion 40" on 40th street. Great place to meet nice looking ladies during the week

Old 04-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Pete, where do you work? I just moved offices and I'm at 37th n 7th now. This area sux ****! No good places to eat lunch and nothing cheap! The eyecandy makes up for it though! Victoria Secrets HQ is my building and I can't wait to see Adriana Lima!!!

Old 04-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Diesel1
Pete, where do you work? I just moved offices and I'm at 37th n 7th now. This area sux ****! No good places to eat lunch and nothing cheap! The eyecandy makes up for it though! Victoria Secrets HQ is my building and I can't wait to see Adriana Lima!!!

Some guys have all the luck...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nyc Bars