NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Rims scratched at Pepe Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rims scratched at Pepe Infiniti

After giving in my car (~8am) for a routine oil service at Pepe Infiniti - White Plains, and receiving the car back around 5pm, I was eager to bring my car back home. As I got home and checked the car all over, to my surprise - I see deep scratches to the both, BOTH, of the driver side wheels! They were a winter tire/wheel setup - kazeras. I call them up, and of course their policy is that they are not responsible once the car leaves the lot. They looked back at their initial walkthrough list (after I called a repeated amount of times), and they said the rear wheel was already scratched, and I knw thats bs. The lady also claimed that I had a rear bodywork done, because theres no badging on the trunk - can you believe this ****?! I guess they've never heard of debadging a car before!! I did log a complaint w/ Infiniti Consumer Affairs, but I doubt anything will happen. Sorry, I just needed to rant and rave about this whole experience. Oh well, they've definitely lost my business at their dealership - theres no way I can feel safe bringing my car there.

Old 12-30-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by cool5555
After giving in my car (~8am) for a routine oil service at Pepe Infiniti - White Plains, and receiving the car back around 5pm, I was eager to bring my car back home. As I got home and checked the car all over, to my surprise - I see deep scratches to the both, BOTH, of the driver side wheels! They were a winter tire/wheel setup - kazeras. I call them up, and of course their policy is that they are not responsible once the car leaves the lot. They looked back at their initial walkthrough list (after I called a repeated amount of times), and they said the rear wheel was already scratched, and I knw thats bs. The lady also claimed that I had a rear bodywork done, because theres no badging on the trunk - can you believe this ****?! I guess they've never heard of debadging a car before!! I did log a complaint w/ Infiniti Consumer Affairs, but I doubt anything will happen. Sorry, I just needed to rant and rave about this whole experience. Oh well, they've definitely lost my business at their dealership - theres no way I can feel safe bringing my car there.
who did you call to log a complaint with infiniti consumer affairs......

Old 12-30-2005, 12:36 AM
I found their info from the infiniti website:
Infiniti Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 191
Gardena, CA 90248
9:00am - 6:00pm Eastern / Central Time
8:00am - 5:00pm Pacific Time

Old 12-30-2005, 09:19 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but you would of been better severed to have checked the car all over at the dealership before you drove off instead of when you got home and your car was out of their custody. Unfortunately now it becomes a he said, they said thingy.

FWIW here's another recent experience at another dealership with a similar problem.
https://g35driver.com/forums/g-squad/77036-why-i-hate-atlantic-inf-ny-long.html

Good luck in getting this resolved.

Old 12-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Angry

I guess it will be a lesson learned. I just never expected something like this from a "premier" Infiniti dealership. Thats why I didn't think I had to do a walk around before I left to see if they left any damage. I've been to Subaru, Honda, Toyota, even Mercedes dealerships - and nothing like this has ever happened. Oh well, I guess you learn from this type of sh!tty experiences.

Old 12-31-2005, 12:10 AM
Ouch! That suxs. Like O N O said, it's too late now. At least, it's just the rims and not some major engine damage.

Old 12-31-2005, 12:14 AM
Sorry but I think this is total bull_hit!!! Infiniti is an upscale dealership and should stand by any work. If they caused the damage, make them fix it!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2005, 12:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear that man....that really blows. Did you ask to talk to the service manager? Dealership manager? You should....see where it gets you.

If you're not successful....tear them & new one & make them feel the guilt......if they don't give in, tell them you will never come back & never buy another car from them. Tell them a friend of yours is impressed w/ your car & is going to be purchasing one soon, but now that this happened, he'll be taking his business elsewhere (I don't know...you think this BS will work?!). Thought it's worth a try..... Good luck! (BTW....Consumer Affairs won't get you anywhere)

Old 01-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
i'm sorry that happened. i would hate to tell you but we are careful at Infiniti of Massapequa. They actually m ake sure any modified vehicle is parked away from other cars and so forth. I hope everything works out well but definitely speak with the manager about that.

Old 01-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. I was talking to one of the service managers there about this issue, and I even said that I won't be coming back because I dont feel safe bringing my car back there. I also mentioned that if I come in contact w/ anyone, I would tell them about this horrible sh!TTy service from Pepe!! Of course, she just says she's sorry, but that's their policy. What ticks me off even more is that fact that she assumed I already had rear body damage, simply because the trunk was debadged!!?? Well, they've definitely lost this customer. Thanks for letting me know about Infiniti of Massapequa, da mayor. I'm sure there are better Infiniti dealerships than Pepe.

Old 01-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
well i'm only here to help everyone out and maybe earn a few new clients of my own. let me know if you need any arrangements for service. i have clients i actually bring a loaner car personally to their service and help them out as long as they own an infiniti.

you'll probably get a survey in the mail which is very important to every dealership and service advisor -- just express how you feel in that if nothing is resolved!

Old 01-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Dude I totally feel your pain! I bought my car from Pepe, and even wrote a long post about how terrible they are there. Every time i go to get service there, its always B.S. I called up ICA and ripped Pepe a new a$$hole. ICA did get results for me, i even became friends with the rep from there. every time i go to Pepe now they kiss my ***, but i still dont go there for service because that dealership sux *****!!!!!! i only go there for warranty work, which is still b.s. because they can never replicate my problem or sum other b.s. They tried to void my whole warranty because i dropped my car with coilovers. The service manager is incompetent. they have tried to rip me off numerous times. and their service techs - idiots! one of them tried to tell me that the rattle from my tranny is normal cos its a high horsepower vehicle so i told him to start up one of the Porsches next door and see if it rattles, and he was like "oh we can't do that. if anything the tranny is under warranty, if it breaks we'll fix it for free." they talk to me as if i don't know anything about cars. AHHHHH just thinking about them is makin me mad! IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS!!!!
on a lighter side of things, if u want to get your car serviced go to white plains nissan. $30 oil changes unlike pepe's $50-$80. talk to the service manager Frank. Its a mod friendly dealer cos the service manager himself is into modifying cars. all warranty work should be done thru the dealer u purchased from though.
do u live in the area? PM me, we'll talk shop.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Dude I totally feel your pain! I bought my car from Pepe, and even wrote a long post about how terrible they are there. Every time i go to get service there, its always B.S. I called up ICA and ripped Pepe a new a$$hole. ICA did get results for me, i even became friends with the rep from there. every time i go to Pepe now they kiss my ***, but i still dont go there for service because that dealership sux *****!!!!!! i only go there for warranty work, which is still b.s. because they can never replicate my problem or sum other b.s. They tried to void my whole warranty because i dropped my car with coilovers. The service manager is incompetent. they have tried to rip me off numerous times. and their service techs - idiots! one of them tried to tell me that the rattle from my tranny is normal cos its a high horsepower vehicle so i told him to start up one of the Porsches next door and see if it rattles, and he was like "oh we can't do that. if anything the tranny is under warranty, if it breaks we'll fix it for free." they talk to me as if i don't know anything about cars. AHHHHH just thinking about them is makin me mad! IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS!!!!
on a lighter side of things, if u want to get your car serviced go to white plains nissan. $30 oil changes unlike pepe's $50-$80. talk to the service manager Frank. Its a mod friendly dealer cos the service manager himself is into modifying cars. all warranty work should be done thru the dealer u purchased from though.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:31 PM

Old 01-03-2006, 02:31 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rims scratched at Pepe Infiniti