Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Anyone know the Stillen intake CARB site or the HKS Ti street legal doc?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG!!!!!!! THIS FAILED MY HKS EXHAUST!!!!!

They said the HKS doc. only say the HKS meet the SOUND part, not the emission. He needs the E.O. number for my HKS!!!!

Need serious help here, I just asked a day + $30 for nothing.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:09 PM
HKS exhaust failed at State Referee

most of you guys know my story, Fremont referee failed my HKS exhaust. They said my HKS doc. only mention about the noise, not emission.

Needs serious help here, people.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
wtf? no way!?

Old 07-15-2008, 04:17 PM
I am not kidding!!! They said i need a E.0. number. But there is NO F*king EO number for HKS. I am so frastrating right now. This is like double pissed-off.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:22 PM
who the hell did the test... exhaust doesnt effect emissions, if so all the trucks and domestics with their custom flowmaster setups would be fkkd and so would all the rice fartcans with cheap fireball mufflers...

i think youre the first one they made go through this... the only exhaust mods that are subject to carb eo are the cat and anything before the cat. the cat is what kills the fumes. if you go to the arb website under exhaust they do not list any mufflers or catback systems

"Fortunately, our performance exhaust systems are perfectly legal because they retain your factory-installed catalytic converter" from flowmaster website

my suggestion is to ask for their supervisior and bring that to their attention. you still have factory cats... they tried to fail me for my intercooler when i had my dsm before. the guy who tested you might just be new?

Old 07-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
put your stock one back on temporarily... ask all the honda/nissan/toyota guys lol they do it all the time

Just like a fix-it ticket

Old 07-15-2008, 04:29 PM
ok i just called to confirm this from my buddy who used to work at state ref, now has his own smog shop. carb does not regulate anything past the cat ask for a supervisor/different technician because there will be no EO # since carb does not regulate this.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by ja3n3ss
ok i just called to confirm this from my buddy who used to work at state ref, now has his own smog shop. carb does not regulate anything past the cat ask for a supervisor/different technician because there will be no EO # since carb does not regulate this.
They said my OEM exhuast has 4 cat, but the HKS only has 2 cats. HE did called the supervisor, no help at all.

wait!! The carb # does not regular the exhaust? Then how to judge which exahust is good which is bad?

Old 07-15-2008, 04:47 PM
taking off the HKS is a hard. This is an innocent ticket from the beginning and now i have to do all these stupid work.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by ja3n3ss
^Is there a document to support this that we can print? This is getting ridiculous man..

kenempireex:
sorry to hear about this man.. Did they run a smog-check on your car? Did you fail? I'm a little nervous now as I'll be doing the same test this Friday.

niM

Old 07-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by nimdivino
^Is there a document to support this that we can print? This is getting ridiculous man..

kenempireex:
sorry to hear about this man.. Did they run a smog-check on your car? Did you fail? I'm a little nervous now as I'll be doing the same test this Friday.

niM
don't go to the one in Fremont!!!!!! I just talked to the supervisor and they said I NEED TO HAVE E0# for my exhaust, everything else is BAD part

Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
I thought they would just re-smog it and see if it passed then you would have the paper work which states it's fully approved.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:22 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kenempireex
taking off the HKS is a hard. This is an innocent ticket from the beginning and now i have to do all these stupid work.
let me know if u need a hook up.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:27 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
i am so glad we dont have that here in Flordia

Old 07-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Another thread on this same subject said to stay away from Fremont one and go to Alameda one. Think we know why now. Those guys in Fremont are either dumb or like to yank ppl's chains. Damn that sux, oem has 4 cats...uhh I don't think so and HKS is a cat-back exhaust...uhh...hello state ref no E0# needed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone know the Stillen intake CARB site or the HKS Ti street legal doc?