Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Anyone know the Stillen intake CARB site or the HKS Ti street legal doc?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just goto the alameda state ref they passed with flying colors... Should of told me u were going to fremont...tsk tsk heheheheehehe I even posted that in your own thread

Old 07-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Should of listened to me ken u could have your complience sticker right now

Old 07-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by V35 Skyline GT
Another thread on this same subject said to stay away from Fremont one and go to Alameda one. Think we know why now. Those guys in Fremont are either dumb or like to yank ppl's chains. Damn that sux, oem has 4 cats...uhh I don't think so and HKS is a cat-back exhaust...uhh...hello state ref no E0# needed
That's what I told them. The supervisor said, "So what? Who said so? I have 15 yrs experience. No EO, not legal." He started to mute his phone when i was trying to talk my way through. Man...I wish there are lawyers who know these **** and tell these ***** to stfu.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Ciabatta Burger
Should of listened to me ken u could have your complience sticker right now
I know, man...but i work in San Jose. Going to Alameda is 1 day!! Maybe I should just give Kris a call.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WTF, Ken? What does the HKS exhaust have to do with the car's emissions? You have the OEM cats on, right?

Old 07-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Andy2434
WTF, Ken? What does the HKS exhaust have to do with the car's emissions? You have the OEM cats on, right?
That's what I was thinking. The Fremont guy is full of it. Any cat-back exhaust does not affect the emissions-control equipment on the vehicle and is therefore only a risk noise-wise. Retest.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Andy2434
The only thing i installed is the HKS exhaust, that's it. No aftermarket cat. Somehow the person said i should have 4 cats for the OEM setup. I think i will have a emotion breakdown soon for this stupid ticket.

Last edited by kenempireex; 07-15-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by kenempireex
don't go to the one in Fremont!!!!!! I just talked to the supervisor and they said I NEED TO HAVE E0# for my exhaust, everything else is BAD part
I'm going to Contra Costa College in San Pablo where I refereed my 86. But I kind of want to change it now.

niM

Old 07-15-2008, 07:16 PM
That's what I told them. The supervisor said, "So what? Who said so? I have 15 yrs experience. No EO, not legal." He started to mute his phone when i was trying to talk my way through. Man...I wish there are lawyers who know these **** and tell these ***** to stfu.

There you go, who said so.. There must be a rule somewhere that muffler does not need EO number. Is there such written rule exists?

niM

Old 07-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by nimdivino

There you go, who said so.. There must be a rule somewhere that muffler does not need EO number. Is there such written rule exists?

niM

HKS responds and said the law does not require to have EO number for anything after the CAT. but if they are stubborn, there is nothing you can do except to fight in the court or change the setup.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:30 PM
anyone know the CA law? G35 Chippie??? HKS said EO number is not required for anything after the CATS by Law.

And apparently, they think a car should have 4 cats for OEM setup? Is that even possible? they probably misinterputing one set of the OEM parts? what is it? I really want to rib these on their faces

Old 07-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The only thing i installed is the HKS exhaust, that's it. No aftermarket cat. Somehow the person said i should have 4 cats for the OEM setup. I think i will have a emotion breakdown soon for this stupid ticket.

That person is misinformed and is an idiot.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:41 PM
BOOOOOYS HERE'S OUR TICKET. I hope...

http://www.cent-21.com/laws/exhaust-us.htm

Q2. Aren't all exhaust system modifications prohibited?

No. Section 27151 VC prohibits the modification of the exhaust system to amplify or increase the noise emitted by the vehicle, making the vehicle not in compliance with Section 27150 VC or exceeding the noise limits established in Sections 27201-27206 VC. Section 27151 VC does not prohibit all modifications to an exhaust system. It also does not prohibit all modifications that increase the noise level of the exhaust system over that of the original, factory installed exhaust system (as it did until 1980) It only prohibits modifications that result in a noise level higher than those specified in Sections 27201-27206 VC. Accurately determining compliance with Sections 27201-27206 VC for enforcement purposes is generally impractical. Enforcement personnel must make an informed professional evaluation to determine if excessive noise statutes are being violated.

I'm printing this right now. This should help.

niM

Old 07-15-2008, 07:49 PM
I think I will go to fremont tomorrow again. I will keep on hitting them with knowledge and laws.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:51 PM
So I guess the story will go something like this on friday (I really hope not)

Tech: Sorry sir, you need to have an EO number for your muffler:
Me: Ah okay, but can you show me in the rule book that I need to have a an EO number for the muffler?
Tech: Sorry sir, I don't have that.
Me: Okay, well according to VC 27151 (gives him a copy of the code) "No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of the vehicle so that the vehicle is not in compliance with the provisions of Section 27150 or exceeds the noise limits established for the type of vehicle in Article 2.5 (commencing with Section 27200). No person shall operate a motor vehicle with an exhaust system so modified."

"For the purposes of exhaust systems installed on motor vehicles with a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating of less than 6,000 pounds, other than motorcycles, a sound level of 95 dbA or less, when tested in accordance with Society of Automotive Engineers Standard J1169 May 1998, complies with this section. Motor vehicle exhaust systems or parts thereof include, but are not limited to, nonoriginal exhaust equipment."

Tech: ah you did your homework. Here's your certificate of compliance. Have good day. Enjoy your muffler..

Me:

hahahaha

niM

niM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone know the Stillen intake CARB site or the HKS Ti street legal doc?