Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Are your windows tinted? What % visibility and have you been pulled over?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5% on 3 backs windows, 20 on 2 front windows. I just roll my windows down ;]
never been pulled over.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:26 AM
I think that these Cali tint laws are ridiculous and complete BS. I mean what is the big deal about having some tinted front side windows? I guess the argument is that its for police safety when walking up to the window of the car they pull over and that the obstructed view is dangerous. Umm not really... if the driver wants to pull a gun on you or do something to hurt the cop in any way, he can easily do it with a car with no tint at all. Tinted windows isnt the cause of cops getting hurt/injured/killed when pulling over a car, its the people in the car 100% that makes that happen. Most of the other states in the US doesnt give a crap about tinted windows and last time i checked there hasnt been any reported accidents or murders due to tinted windows helping a criminal do a sneak attack lol. Cali cops need to leave us and our tinted windows alone. Paranoid cops need to take a chill pill. Bad accidents and criminal activity happens purely due to crazy idiotic corrupted people not because of the car they drive in with dark windows haha.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:12 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
^ i agree, i always put my windows down and stick my hands out the window so the cops know i wont pull a weapon. If they are going to ticket me after doing that its utter bs, I pose no threat to them or any danger and I would like to show that. The last speeding ticket I got the cop apologized for having to write the ticket after I was so cooperative

Old 08-07-2008, 12:51 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,016 Likes on 791 Posts
sabertooth tiger
35% Suntek HP all around, 20% rear windshield

Old 08-11-2008, 09:06 PM
35% Ceramic all around from Omega
Pulled over on Capitol Express right under the 87 freeway. It was around Christmas so I think they were mainly looking for drunk drivers. Especially since he straight up just asked me, "have you been drinking?"
i got off with a warning, and he made me promise to remove my tint.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
has anyone ever walked back to their car in the parking lot and had a ticket on the windshield? silly question, but it seems like most people get moving violations for their tint and are pulled over. do cops have just as much right to ticket a parked car as a moving one? or are you allowed to have sun-restricting applications on a parked vehicle?

Old 08-12-2008, 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by verilath
has anyone ever walked back to their car in the parking lot and had a ticket on the windshield? silly question, but it seems like most people get moving violations for their tint and are pulled over. do cops have just as much right to ticket a parked car as a moving one? or are you allowed to have sun-restricting applications on a parked vehicle?
a member on gmfullsize did. He got a tint ticket and no front plate... i think it was in fresno

Old 08-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah, cuz I wouldn't mind gettin dark tint like 20-25% if I could just drive with my windows down. But It's the fear of parking with em rolled up and coming back every week with a new ticket on the windshield.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:21 AM
Tint tickets while parked would be a terribly unpleasant surprise. Would completely void my optometrist's note about my 'light sensitive' eyes since I wouldn't have had the opportunity to pull out

Old 08-14-2008, 01:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had 10% all around(except for windshield) for a year now, only thing I make a habit of doing is inconspicuously rolling my windows down if I see a cop nearby in the city. Never gotten pulled over, used the "I didn't know I bought my car like this" excuse on my old Prelude, never had issues with the G.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:30 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by prech
Tint tickets while parked would be a terribly unpleasant surprise. Would completely void my optometrist's note about my 'light sensitive' eyes since I wouldn't have had the opportunity to pull out
I have the same note from my opt. and have only had to use it 5 times. I believe that if you get a ticket while parked and not in vehicle, you can still argue and get it dismissed. It is an inconvenience and will cost a few bucks in court processing fees but it would still be dropped.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by prech

You can show your optometrist's note till the cows come home. I doesn't apply.