Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

I'm moving from Houston to Sacramento

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm moving from Houston to Sacramento

Hello everyone,

I'm moving from Houston to Sacramento on Saturday to attend law school. I don't know anyone there at all. Anyone here familiar with the area?

What are the hang out spots, nightlife, etc. How is crime? do I need to find a garaged apartment to store the G in or is parked out on the curb going to be okay? Does anyone know where would be a nice place to rent a 1 bedroom? I appreciate all insights!

Last edited by mista_ediee; 08-04-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:29 PM
dam sac...hmm ihevent lived there for along time but when i lived there, crime was pretty bad also my friends GF went clubbin down there and hard her tahoe broken into!! good luck! and welcome !! im eddy. u got any other questions feel free to ask i reccomend Craigslist.org for looking for anything in SAC!!

Old 08-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Parts of Sac are just as bad if not worse than parts of H-Town. We have some good members in Sac that will lead you in the right direction. Welcome to Cali..

Old 08-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks unfortunately there are parts of H town where I would never go haha. I'm sure its the same way in Sac

Old 08-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I grew up in Sac. There's nothing to do there..hahahhaa.
I spent my weekends in the Bay Area where's there's more stuff to do.
I'll drive my nice car only if I'm not staying overnight or parking anywhere overnight.
If I do stay somewhere, I make sure my car is garaged. If I need to go to events where I'm forced to park my car; I take my beater car instead and use my nice car to just go to meets. As much as there's a lot of nice cars in CaL; there's also a lot of people who are interested how nice your car is and how they can obtain what you have in there.
Also, it's a state where profiling by Law Enforcement is really bad. Good luck over there, I miss how there's so much to do over there and mostly the Food and the Weather.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You pulled a reverse Ron Artest.

Just like any other city, Sacramento does have quite a bit of crime. I do know that there are alot of vehicle break-ins over there. Even in gated communities.

The cool thing is that Sacramento has a really good group of G owners.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
i just watched a special on the meth epidemic on cable last night and half the time they focused on sac town. i'm assuming you'll be able to find some good meth there.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sacramento is not bad, I been leaving here for almost 17 years. G people in sac are pretty cool. Welcome to Sac

Old 08-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome to Sac, let me know if you need advice on which neighborhoods to avoid, etc. I lived in a 1bd apt with an attached garage in a decent neighborhood a few years ago, but it was pricey.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Man you would think from what everyone is saying that Sac is like the drug capital of Cali full of none other than criminals and crack heads. Is it really that bad?

I would say for the most part you should be fine. Like anyplace else there are places to avoid parking outside all night. But overall not a bad place to be. I have not lived in the downtown areas, but if you go Roseville/Folsom/Rocklin/Lincoln areas I know those fairly well, but they may be a bit far to commute. What law school you going to? Welcome to the Sacto area.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
lol. this thread does make it seem like sac is a freaking rebel camp or something haha.

just avoid the bad areas like in all big cities and im sure you will be fine. besides the fact that is sac.... :P

Old 08-07-2009, 07:44 PM
welcome, congrats on Law School as well. Sac is not a bad town once you get to know it. Depending on which Law School you are going to there may or may not be decent places to rent near by. Mid town is always a good spot not only for night life but also easy access to freeways etc rents are fairly reasonable down there, but probably no garage parking unless you find a small house and even then it may not have a garage. Some of the higher end apts in town will have small garages you might be able to squeeze the car into, may want to check on those.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
welcome to sac.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:27 AM
Never gone
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
It gets extremely hot in Sacramento.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to Sac, good places to live, Roseville of course I am partial because I live here, but it's the happening place. Lincoln is good. Rocklin = $$, Folsom = $$. Some of the foothill towns are good like Loomis, New Castle but prcey. Grante Bay is the Beverley Hills of Sacto. Or go south to Elk Grove or even to the Green Haven or the Pocket area. All of the above are recommended towns to live in.

Stay away...again stay away from Natamos...it's tempting for newbs to CowTown but its crimeville. All the hood rats go there from South Sac to rob ya and break in while you at home at gun point...Again stay away. Def keep the car garaged no matter what town you pick.

Welcome it’s really a nice place to live.

-Curtis

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm moving from Houston to Sacramento