Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

FREE Dynos from Scott Performance in Santa Clara

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 06:11 PM
Modded Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stop it Igor! Don't make me sink more money into this car!!!

I do not want to be tempted by a fricken stroker kit. May my fellow NorCal G members refrain from purchasing one so that I don't get peniz envy.

I am heavily considering trashing my December/January plans for this car (below), parting out what I already have, and getting a competition package e46 M3- that car will require two mods- coilovers, and a network mod which will block access to any M3 forums.

Planned for December:
1. Tein Basic's
2. Hotchkis Sways w/ Polyuerethane bushings
3. SPC Rear camber kit
4. OEM Front Lip
5. Rear M3 lip spoiler

Planned for January:
1. UD Crank pulley
2. Motordyne 1/2" + ISO kit
3. Xerd Long-tube headers
4. 3.5 gears
5. pending my test mule's results, the UNICHIP

Last edited by vodkarocket; 11-21-2005 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
there is an AEBS stroker kit:

http://www.i-m-racing.com/aevqstkitg35.html

$7800. this kit strokes the engine out to 4.3L though - scott performance claims to not touch the engine block, but rather just change the crank and some other related stuff (i never claimed to be an engine expert ).

looks like the havoline G35 has a stroker kit too:

http://www.importtuner.com/features/0412it_g35/

there is also an article about a G35 built by Z Car Garage that mentions a stroker kit:

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe.../0507_scc_g35/

you know what, for 400hp V6 engine with N/A (1psi boost), i'd be willing to pay $6000 for the kit alone, and $2000 for install. it's still N/A, which means the dangers of FI are bypassed (i'm not saying that there won't be other dangers present), it's cheaper than a TT setup but provides the same power levels (with TT in conservative tune), and you can still boost it later, i'm sure!

Old 11-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Modded Member
^ The whole pitfall with a stroker kit is that it is an excellent basis for FI down the line. Once you get used to the power- and you will- you will be throwing more money into FI. However, having all of these upgraded/forged internals will make you push the limits of your "indestructible" block.

Old 11-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Boris, ROFL'ing all the way till tomorrow! yes, this forum has caused me nothing but to spend more money. oh, and have a car that i could really be proud of.

you know, about 2 years ago i was going back and forth looking for a project. my choices were - mod the $hit out of my computer - or out of my car. the computer was definitely a much cheaper route, but after i've done pretty much all mods i could think of, including completely custom watercooling system and god knows how many custom lighting solutions, my project was done... so, my car is next. 6 months later, and i've already sunk about $10k in it... and still have this planned:

- stoptech 14" BBK front and back
- eibach pro kit + tokiko d-spec springs
- double-din upgrade with JL stuff all over
- APS ST or APS TT or Stillen SC (distant fourth) - and now stroker kit

i have no idea what would come after all the above is done, but damn, i'm looking at at least $25k more in damages...

and you know, guys, it's worth it. anyone can buy an M3. not anyone can build an M3-killer (M5-killer?) and do it in such a way that it would take first places at Hot Import Nights. i want sponsorship. i want recognition. i want to build a custom sleeper that would blow peoples' minds. wish me luck. send me money. i have paypal...

Old 11-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Modded Member
^ I see your dreams, PM me your PayPal address, and let's talk. I want to fully sponsor you. We're talking airbags, dub deuce floaters, and screens all over the place. I'm also thinking we can go with a candy diarrhea color for your exterior... This ride will be hot, we will call it the Russian Concussion.

In all seriousness, it's a sickness. The whole problem with getting an M3 is that I would get just as mod-happy with it. The mods would also cost 2-3x what they cost for the G.

I'm starting a new job next week with a decent raise in salary, so I will have to decide whether I want to make my sedan an M3 killer, or get an M3... If I get an M3, and make it really, really fast, would it also qualify as an M3 killer?

You can tell I have too much time on my hands right now- I put it my 2 weeks notice 1.5 weeks ago, so I have nothing on my plate right now.

Last edited by vodkarocket; 11-21-2005 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:39 PM
only you will know if that's what you want... for M3's $50k + mods, you might as well go with M5... but then you're into a "whole-'nother ballgame".

Old 11-21-2005, 07:00 PM
hahaha. You're right Igor. I'm going to be broke hanging out witt you guys.

You guys are evil!

Boris: If you get rid of the G and get the ///3, I'm seriously going to swing by your place and get rid of your "network mod". You will mod out that car and you will pay XD

Although, I would love to see the Russian Concussion. Do it! dooo it! I can't wait for the other guys to see this thread. =)

Old 11-21-2005, 07:04 PM
wtf is a network mod, and what's a Russian Concussion?!

Old 11-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by codeflux
wtf is a network mod, and what's a Russian Concussion?!
By network mod, I meant blocking access from all of my computers to any M3 related forums. In geek speak, creating a Destination Set that defines the domain, and creating a Deny Site & Content Rule that applies to that Destination Set.

Russian Concussion will be the nickname for your car after all of my proposed mods.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:11 PM
6000 is an awesome price. I'll wait and see if he's actually going to do it for that price.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, when Ted mentioned the stroker kit, output, and price installed, I had a sparkle in my eyes. Had to check my pulse and bite down on my tongue. Gonna get some sway bars (Thanks alot, Igor . . . That's what this last meet cost me . . . new Stillen sway bars), get my new exhaust installed, a new grill . . . still thinking about the OEM front lip . . . Then call it a day on the mods . . . Well, at least for now.

Old 11-21-2005, 09:12 PM
andy, talk to John (or his brother Steve) at International Autobody in San Bruno - www.intlautobody.com - they did all body work on my car. including molded rear bumper. you want custom - you talk to them.

Old 11-21-2005, 09:56 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by codeflux
andy, talk to John (or his brother Steve) at International Autobody in San Bruno - www.intlautobody.com - they did all body work on my car. including molded rear bumper. you want custom - you talk to them.
+1 for International. They fixed my car after the hit&run, and did $14,000 of work on my girlfriends IS300 when her car was T-boned.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:26 PM
rbm
Havoline g35 stroker engine 4.3

[the AEBS stroker kit internals watch out the Havoline g35 has had several problems.
QUOTE=codeflux]there is an AEBS stroker kit:

http://www.i-m-racing.com/aevqstkitg35.html

$7800. this kit strokes the engine out to 4.3L though - scott performance claims to not touch the engine block, but rather just change the crank and some other related stuff (i never claimed to be an engine expert ).

looks like the havoline G35 has a stroker kit too:

http://www.importtuner.com/features/0412it_g35/

there is also an article about a G35 built by Z Car Garage that mentions a stroker kit:

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe.../0507_scc_g35/

you know what, for 400hp V6 engine with N/A (1psi boost), i'd be willing to pay $6000 for the kit alone, and $2000 for install. it's still N/A, which means the dangers of FI are bypassed (i'm not saying that there won't be other dangers present), it's cheaper than a TT setup but provides the same power levels (with TT in conservative tune), and you can still boost it later, i'm sure! [/QUOTE]

Old 11-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Igor, If I am not mistaken, with regard to the stroker kit . . . Ted at Scott Performance promised/mentioned 300 rwhp for a cost of $6k installed.

In addition, after my G's dyno, Ted said that if I didn't gain at least 20 hp with unichip, he would refund my money. I wonder what he meant by 20 hp . . . At the steering wheel?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FREE Dynos from Scott Performance in Santa Clara