NorthWest Serving AK, ID, OR, WA

Watch out for a yellow STi POLICE car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Watch out for a yellow STi POLICE car...

Yip, that's right. I've been told by a couple different people of a yellow STi unmarked POLICE car in the Vancouver, WA area. Apparently he's tricked alotta people into racing. Be careful!

Old 09-07-2006, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice....i wish they did that down in the US....

Old 09-07-2006, 01:20 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
doesnt that count as entrapment?!

Old 09-07-2006, 01:21 AM
Premier Member

Why would u wish that would happen in the US... Thats taunting drivers....

Old 09-07-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by abcquackyxyz
very nice....i wish they did that down in the US....
Down in the US? Vancouver, WA is in the US.

So now they have a yellow one too? When I first got my G35, I saw a completely tricked out Black WRX with all the trimmings, (rims, exhaust, body kit, etc) on the side of SR-14 near I-205. I thought it got busted, but then I noticed the subie was the one with the strobes and flashing blues. I'm not sure if it was Vancouver PD or Washington State Patrol, but I saw him writing a ticket for the RSX it pulled over.

I got ticked when I saw it, because I knew the subie had illegally dark tints on it. Talk about double standard....

They better not tell us they have no money and need to raise taxes, because I know they also have a fleet of new Expeditions that I always see them cruising in.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:29 AM
oops thought it was vancover canada...

Old 09-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
Originally Posted by ChiefyMan
Yip, that's right. I've been told by a couple different people of a yellow STi unmarked POLICE car in the Vancouver, WA area. Apparently he's tricked alotta people into racing. Be careful!
I am pretty sure that is illegal. Probably a rumor.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:09 AM
Premier Member

That's not entrapment. You don't have to race him. Just like if some put a nice car with the keys in it. Would you leave it alone or take it? You don't have to take it. They do have that down here. I read a few posts about it. It was a cop in a Mustang, g35 and some other car too...

Old 09-07-2006, 02:15 AM
Just found out they also have a black (and tinted) Legacy as well. Wonderful. What's next, a Civic? Granted, notice all the cars they're using are RWD or AWD? That means, at least for the time being, we wont be seeing Civics or other FWD cars.

Occassionally in some areas you'll see current Impala's, but for the most part it's RWD and now AWD.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by realgone
I am pretty sure that is illegal. Probably a rumor.
Apparently not. One of my friends actually saw it happen. And he wouldn't give me THAT false info.

And for the Legacy I just posted, I got pics I'll post up. Anyone have pics of the black STi?

Old 09-07-2006, 02:18 AM
Premier Member

Its not...It's real peeps...

Old 09-07-2006, 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by hai109
That's not entrapment. You don't have to race him. Just like if some put a nice car with the keys in it. Would you leave it alone or take it? You don't have to take it. They do have that down here. I read a few posts about it. It was a cop in a Mustang, g35 and some other car too...
One could argue that if the cop was revving on you and such, that it may be illegal for other reasons. I only say that, because when in college, LAPD gave us a ticket for street-racing, even though we didn't race. We were just revving the engine.

My friend just got an exhaust installed on his car, any my other room-mate was in the car in the next lane. He rolled the windows down so he could hear the exhaust. Cop wrote ticket for "Exhibition of speed".

I'm sure it's probably apples to oranges, but the few law classes I took in college talked about "fruit of the poisonous tree".

But from an Entrapment angle, it's most likely not entrapment, because there isn't any coersion.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by avs007
One could argue that if the cop was revving on you and such, that it may be illegal for other reasons. I only say that, because when in college, LAPD gave us a ticket for street-racing, even though we didn't race. We were just revving the engine.

My friend just got an exhaust installed on his car, any my other room-mate was in the car in the next lane. He rolled the windows down so he could hear the exhaust. Cop wrote ticket for "Exhibition of speed".

I'm sure it's probably apples to oranges, but the few law classes I took in college talked about "fruit of the poisonous tree".
Please feel free to expand on your knowledge of this tree.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:33 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by avs007

But from an Entrapment angle, it's most likely not entrapment, because there isn't any coersion.
Acutally, that is breaking the law on the Cops part. It was his word against yours. When he gave you guys the ticket. Revving engine does not consitute in "Exhibtion of speed" Maybe it broke the law in loudness but not the for the other. If you were to record that and a cop did that to you. He will get in touble for abusing his powers as a officer. I'm sure there's a lot of officers that search this forum. PLease chime. It's one thing to think all young kids are bad or doing bad things then actually seeing them do it...You can't assume things.That's just not right...

Old 09-07-2006, 02:50 AM
Originally Posted by hai109
Acutally, that is breaking the law on the Cops part. It was his word against yours. When he gave you guys the ticket. Revving engine does not consitute in "Exhibtion of speed" Maybe it broke the law in loudness but not the for the other. If you were to record that and a cop did that to you. He will get in touble for abusing his powers as a officer. I'm sure there's a lot of officers that search this forum. PLease chime. It's one thing to think all young kids are bad or doing bad things then actually seeing them do it...You can't assume things.That's just not right...
That's true. Unfortunately, there's always the ones who give an entire group a bad name. Hell, one of my good friends, his dad retired from Everett PD, he's a really cool guy. I got no problem with police unless they give me a reason to - and to which, I have had only 1 police officer (in Redmond) that ever gave me trouble. Then again, I've never given them reasons to. If I do get pulled over or anything in which deals with police, I treat them with respect. In return, I get respect. Pretty simple. To many there's people (sadly, including some of my mom's side of the family) don't realize that and as such give people our age a bad rep. Sucks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Watch out for a yellow STi POLICE car...