Ohio representation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the header info, always nice to have a shop to fall back to when adding new toys. On a different note - our email list is growing each week - that's sweet! Our first get together should have a nice turn out. Anyone have any ideas of a location? I have access to a parking lot on weekends in Cleveland. We could set up here and have music, barbeque, and corn hole just to put a face with a name. Just a thought - if anyone wants to google the location it is 4577 hinckley industrial parkway - cleveland 44109 - this is just an idea to get the ball rolling. If you have a better location post your idea - I'll drive any where in the Buckeye State.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by stradaONE8
Bash, I sent you a PM for a place to get your headers installed.

News otherwise, my transmission has been replaced, it's too warm out today to tell if the problem is fixed, but finger crossed until tomorrow. Really looking forward to our spring/summer meets. I'll be pretty busy, but if we plan ahead, should be some good times coming.
So what kinda problems were you having with your trany Arnab?

Old 02-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by bash27jp00
Thanks for the header info, always nice to have a shop to fall back to when adding new toys. On a different note - our email list is growing each week - that's sweet! Our first get together should have a nice turn out. Anyone have any ideas of a location? I have access to a parking lot on weekends in Cleveland. We could set up here and have music, barbeque, and corn hole just to put a face with a name. Just a thought - if anyone wants to google the location it is 4577 hinckley industrial parkway - cleveland 44109 - this is just an idea to get the ball rolling. If you have a better location post your idea - I'll drive any where in the Buckeye State.
I have spring fever, and the only cure is a spring meet! We have been all over C-bus, maybe a Lake Erie water front meet is in order! Lets get some ideas out there, so we can all get our busy schedules in order for our meet!

Ideas?
Places of that meet?
meet and drives to that locations?
Places to eat?
Making sure we have a resident photographer along as well?

Party on Wayne!

Old 02-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spring Fever has hit me hard! I'm for sure down w/ anything around Cleveland since it's so close... willing too travel as well.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
So what kinda problems were you having with your trany Arnab?
Rather benign issue really, just a whistle/whine at very cold temps that sounded like a leaky window seal almost, but really was from the transmission. Well below freezing usually made it turn into a whine, around freezing it was a whistle. There is a thread here that outlines many members exhibiting the same noise when cold.

I took it to the dealer and when they finally heard it after keeping it overnight, they decided to further diagnose and then Infiniti recommended a tranny swap based on their isolation to the transmission. It seems to have fixed the sound for the most part, it was too warm to notice anything when I got it back. Today was pretty chilly and the whine is gone it seems, I'm trying hard to hear any sort of noise so I don't know if the very very mild whistle I heard today was the same thing or just normal. Hopefully it's just ***** to the wall cold tonight, so I can take it out to make sure. Fingers crossed I guess.

As for a drive to Cleveland, I'm always down as that's where my girlfriend is, I went to college there, and we could possibly have the famed GTR guy come out if he's in town with whatever monstrosity he's driving around now. The GTR is sadly in Vegas now as the track demo car for his dealership.
So spring in Cleveland, summer in Columbus and anywhere else is as good a plan as any. Can't wait for things to start thawing already...

Old 02-19-2009, 11:56 PM
I think Cleveland is looking to be the place to be our first meet in the spring! Arnab, Brian and RIch...I think its up to you to start the ball rolling! We need dates, possible meeting points, and I know us C-bus guys will convoy up together in hopes of eating some Lambo's along the way...wait, some of you guys dont know about that? Well, it pays to come out and play!!!

and you guys from Cincy, you will have to meet up with us in Cbus and we can make it a long fast convoy on a one track mindset of getting in trouble!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 06:21 AM
Sounds good to me. Thats the sme problem I had with my tranny Arnab. Just wondering if you had a difftent problem then I did. I think mine is doing the same thing again but it just hasnt been cold enough.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by g-adabout
I have spring fever, and the only cure is a spring meet! We have been all over C-bus, maybe a Lake Erie water front meet is in order! Lets get some ideas out there, so we can all get our busy schedules in order for our meet!

Ideas?
Places of that meet?
meet and drives to that locations?
Places to eat?
Making sure we have a resident photographer along as well?

Party on Wayne!
Hmm, how about this dyno for a potential meet?...

http://www.bigshotdyno.com/dynonews.html

Old 02-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I talked to a guy at Big Shot Dyno - they are moving next month to a new location close to Summit Racing. We could have a G day at his location on April 4th. We would get 3 pulls for $50 - I've never done this before but, I think it would be wild to see what the cars pull. He has room for for 30 cars as well. His new location is in Akron. I'd like to do pictures as well as video recording of the event. The Cleveland Gs can host this event then in the summer and fall you guys in C bus and Cincy can host an event as well. Give me some feedback - Any questions or comments feel free to email me at bash27jp00@yahoo.com thanks - Bash

Old 02-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Both ideas sound good. I like the idea of us taking all of us to a dyno. Then we can have a mini contest of the N/A and then obviously a separate one for the Turbos.

April 4th!!! I think that this could be the potential first saweet meet of the year! I do believe that we should have local meets in March to prepare for this though. I cant imagine waiting till April for our first meet. But I do think that this should be the one where we get all of us from all over Ohio together.

One of the names I had once in mind was the 3CG club (cleveland, c-bus and cincy)...but some of the guys thought it would limit the other guys from toledo, dayton, and akron.

Anyways, I do think we need to get Club together. My little bro had a vinyl and shirt printing business and can hook us up on any designs or logos we would want or desire...

Old 02-20-2009, 03:39 PM
this sounds great. Man, maybe I should do some MODS before a dyno though.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by DrGeeMD
this sounds great. Man, maybe I should do some MODS before a dyno though.
Im going to run my as is (basically stock) so I can have a base line before any mods. That way, when I do actually put some money into go fast parts, I can see the effects.

Also, to everyone that has been asking about Dal, I spoke with him today, and his car's current condition is "in progress" I was able to see some pics on his myspace page. He's a friend of mine and BuckeyeG, so if you have myspace, and can find us, you will be able to find him.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:46 PM
oh, I set up the My garage section of my profile on here. I put up pics of my car and my BMW moto, to include a hot chic that I met at a rest stop!

Old 02-20-2009, 04:47 PM
The 4th wont work for me beacuse Ill be having a sleep over for my sons bday that evening so.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by g-adabout
to include a hot chic that I met at a rest stop!
Wow, very nice Jeremy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ohio representation?