Ohio representation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Thanks Dal for posting these so quickly!

The turnout was great for a first time meet! I had a great time and I hope that everyone else did as well. Thanks to the Cincy, Dayton and Louisville guys for coming out!

As for those that didnt go or didnt drive up, we did have some interesting stories to share!

On the way down, nothing dramatic happened. On the way home back to C-bus...How do we find these people?

#1 we had a ricer Civic with a turbo pace us and then attempting to get us to run him on the freeway...Ben and I in particular! Since we didn't oblige, he thought driving erratic at ridiculous speeds would get us to mash our pedals. Well, Benny and I withheld and he tried a few more times and then basically went on...

#2 while convoying up 71, we are all in the left hand lane passing a semi. Well a douche in a cavalier came down the right hand lane about 90 and slammed on his breaks and cut Arnab off and about rear ended me. So I was doing 70 and I didnt want to speed up for anyone, especially a douche. Well laughing about it on the phone with Arnab, the douche pulls out his video camera and starts video taping me! I dont know what he was trying to capture, but all he got was himself tailing me at 3 feet or less, and me going a whopping 70mph! As soon as I cleared the traffic I was passing, I attempted to pull to the right to allow the douche to go on and act all douche like, he cuts me off on the right, about takes off my front bumper and crosses over in front of me. Well, Ben was infront of us, witnessing the whole thing. Ben, innocently, pulls infront of the douche (after he left me in his douche-like dust), and the douche takes it to the right berm and passes another car! I was like wow, really? did he? But we are all glad he got it on video!

Thanks again to everyone that came out. Never forgetting the past, but we need to start thinking about the future. As in a meet to get the Cleveland guys. I was thinking Mid April or early May. I would like to have a dyno meet. As we proved today, The C-bus, Cincy and Louisville chapters are not afraid of water (unlike those mazda guys!) So rain or shine, I would like to get something planned.

Any ideas? Ben and I will be looking into something around C-bus. I would like those up north to look into something as well. I do believe it was mentioned before about something on the 4th. But as it stands, I can tell majority of the C-bus guys will be busy. So that is why I was looking mid April or Early May.

Last edited by g-adabout; 03-30-2009 at 07:39 AM. Reason: forgot to give props to Dayton!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:42 PM
TuningWerks Competition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by g-adabout
As we proved today, The C-bus, Cincy and Louisville chapters are not afraid of water (unlike those mazda guys!) So rain or shine, I would like to get something planned.
*Cough* Rain i will not take my G out thank you... there is too much lip for me to clean on that acid rain..

i kid.. rain or shine im in!! just as long as there is no snow!

Old 03-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by azndalboy
*Cough* Rain i will not take my G out thank you... there is too much lip for me to clean on that acid rain..

i kid.. rain or shine im in!! just as long as there is no snow!
You should Hire some kid to go around cleaning your lips...Well, maybe 4 of them. Those lips are too much for one kid to clean!

Snow, Shmooo! It never snows in Ohio! Come on now...

Old 03-29-2009, 11:02 PM
TuningWerks Competition

lol.. anyone know of a good window tint place in Cbus?

Old 03-29-2009, 11:03 PM
TuningWerks Competition

Actually, you all have tinted windows.. i should ask that again.. Anyone have a good tint shop you could recommend me to? thanks!

Old 03-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys,

1) It was great meeting the rest of you Columbus guys and of course, the guys from Louisville, Cincy, and Dayton.

2) Dallas, nice meeting you. Thanks for posting up those pics so quickly. Wife and I had a good time going through them.

3) That was crazy fun watching the "douche" from a choice seat in the rear of our G-train. The guy was an idiot but entertaining neverthless.

4) Let's get this MD Spacer for crying out loud.

Doc

Old 03-29-2009, 11:24 PM
TuningWerks Competition

Originally Posted by DrGeeMD
Hey Guys,

1) It was great meeting the rest of you Columbus guys and of course, the guys from Louisville, Cincy, and Dayton.

2) Dallas, nice meeting you. Thanks for posting up those pics so quickly. Wife and I had a good time going through them.

3) That was crazy fun watching the "douche" from a choice seat in the rear of our G-train. The guy was an idiot but entertaining neverthless.

Doc
Yup, we'll hang out more often i took a nap and the finance took me all the way home lol. She was ready to go home anyway..

Old 03-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Ohio G Club Member
i'm hopefully going to go on tuesday to a shop in wayneville that has been doing tint for 30 yrs...fingers crossed they do a good job...haha

Old 03-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Hey guys, it was really good to meet you all.. ill definitely be look forward to the c-bus meet, and hopefully it will be a tad bit warmer...

Old 03-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Dal Ive had like 10 cars done at Mr Tint on Frank Rd. They give lifetime warranty's and the guys that owns it does the work. # is 351-tint.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by TeddYang
Sup all, off topic, but i just moved to the Dayton area a few months back. Looking for a good tint shop around the area and was wondering if anyone had any suggestsions (fair price quality work)?

google seach came up with a bunch of places but the only one that had reviews was Eclipse Window Tinting. Anyone know if they're as good as their online rep says they are?

so...is there still a meet this weekend?
My Suggestion is this. Find a shop that has been around for a while and will be around a while. I am saying this because I use to window tint back in the day and I finally paid someone to tint my G. They offered a lifetime warrenty as well for any fading, rips or tears for full replacement. The problem is, they went out of business in 4 months after the install. They did the best job that I have seen in a while, but I have nothing to back it up with now that they are gone.

Ziebart has been around a while, and while they ask you to leave your car(yeah right), the do offer a lifetime replacement and they have been around for quite sometime.

G/L with all your searches!

Old 03-30-2009, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
Hey Dal Ive had like 10 cars done at Mr Tint on Frank Rd. They give lifetime warranty's and the guys that owns it does the work. # is 351-tint.
"ive had like 10 cars" oooooooo, sounds like your braggin...hahahaha

Mr. Tint is a good place! I learned what I learned years ago from Mr. Tint on Morse Rd, which is now closed I believe.

pshhhhhhh

Old 03-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by DrGeeMD
Hey Guys,

Doc
Arnab and I were thinking you were going to start hounding us about the Spacer...Give a few, we both have to spend a crazy amount of $ to buy ours since our cars are special (said in a child like manor) lol

Old 03-30-2009, 09:55 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Sounds like you all had an eventful return trip. Guess the silly Honda was just jealous. The trip back to Louisville wasn't as eventful, but we did get stuck in traffic for like and hour due to a wreck where a Toyota Yaris got reduced to a crinkled coke can and a Semi ran through a guard rail and off into the woods. Apparently there was a fatality which is sad, but hopefully no one else was hurt too bad. Luckily we were stopped right next to a rest area so we just parked and walked around for a bit. Good to meet all you guys though and hopefully we can do it again some time and I will try to get a few more of the Louisville G's to roll up with us. Keep me posted. Pics look great btw, new work background for me!

Old 03-30-2009, 03:59 PM
TuningWerks Competition

Ben thanks for Mr. Tint ill check them out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ohio representation?