Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

To all uk owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
figured out what the lil switch does on mine (the one on the left of the VDC button).. that turns my back fog light on & off. bit of a let down considering i was hoping for dipping mirrors lol. the high of buying the car is starting to fade a little too, mostly because super unleaded has to be so bloody expensive! =(

oh and also came across this - http://www.kptechnologies.com/

never used them before but they seem to be able to provide the dipping mirrors feature.. worth a look maybe?

Old 03-28-2008, 05:05 PM
mov
Originally Posted by uk350gt
Hi

You purchased a delimter from NCS systems? Did you fit it yourself? If so, how easy was it and how do you know it worked ?

Thanks because I am going to buy one of these.

Stu.
hi mate no i had it fitted at ncs its at the side of donnington park £200 fitted the only downside is your rev counter dies for about three seconds every twenty seconds but you can turn it off if you want it makes a hell of a differance though i hit 158 in forth before changing up on the autobahn a wagon pulled out about a mile ahead and i had to back it off,i know it works because it would race to about 130 then hit the limiter now i can hit 160 before i run out of road, back in germany in a few weeks so ill let you know the top end. to be honest i have had this car two years had six track days three times to the nurburgring totally ragged it to be honest and apart from brakes all ive had to buy is wiper blades, ps i only run it on v,power our lass put supermarket fuel in once and the autobox changes at its own free will

Last edited by mov; 03-28-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:19 PM
mov
Originally Posted by Syrus
figured out what the lil switch does on mine (the one on the left of the VDC button).. that turns my back fog light on & off. bit of a let down considering i was hoping for dipping mirrors lol. the high of buying the car is starting to fade a little too, mostly because super unleaded has to be so bloody expensive! =(

oh and also came across this - http://www.kptechnologies.com/

never used them before but they seem to be able to provide the dipping mirrors feature.. worth a look maybe?
the dipping mirrors are not one of the three switches its a small button just to the left of them ive tried it about four times since reading these posts just out of paranoia

Old 03-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by mov
the dipping mirrors are not one of the three switches its a small button just to the left of them ive tried it about four times since reading these posts just out of paranoia
Mines a little button ,but it dont work ?????????????

Old 03-29-2008, 06:12 AM
On a totally different subject - does anyone know how to remove an OEM rear spoiler? Has anyone done this on their 350GT? I have removed everything I can see inc the three bolts that hold it on and its still won't come off. Any secret screws behind panels that I need to know about? FYI - I am removing my OEM rear spoiler and will be selling it soon if anyone wants it...it Caribbean blue BTW off an '03.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by mov
hi mate no i had it fitted at ncs its at the side of donnington park £200 fitted the only downside is your rev counter dies for about three seconds every twenty seconds but you can turn it off if you want it makes a hell of a differance though i hit 158 in forth before changing up on the autobahn a wagon pulled out about a mile ahead and i had to back it off,i know it works because it would race to about 130 then hit the limiter now i can hit 160 before i run out of road, back in germany in a few weeks so ill let you know the top end. to be honest i have had this car two years had six track days three times to the nurburgring totally ragged it to be honest and apart from brakes all ive had to buy is wiper blades, ps i only run it on v,power our lass put supermarket fuel in once and the autobox changes at its own free will
Cheers for all the info. Sounds really good. So your Rev counter dies every twenty seconds during normal driving? How do you turn it off? - Do you get a switch somewhere on the dash or do you have to pop the bonnet and mess about inside. My does as yours did - 130 then stops. And yes, I only put in v-power unless I am have no choice.

Old 03-29-2008, 06:25 PM
just thought id post a pic of the car

planning on a few mods once summer comes round.. thinkin of the ings+1 lip, spraying the headlight housing black, max legal tints on the front windows (25%?) and maybe dropping it a little.. bout covers it

Originally Posted by mov
mine doesnt seem to have the button jus got the vdc switch, boot release, and fog light switch.. oh well, might look into getting it from kptech.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:15 AM
mov
Originally Posted by uk350gt
Cheers for all the info. Sounds really good. So your Rev counter dies every twenty seconds during normal driving? How do you turn it off? - Do you get a switch somewhere on the dash or do you have to pop the bonnet and mess about inside. My does as yours did - 130 then stops. And yes, I only put in v-power unless I am have no choice.

they leave a switch in the passenger footwell just switch it to whatever you want

Old 04-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mov

I had mine de restricted by TDI for around £300 which i have removed from the old car to refit on the new one. I had no issues with the instruments/rev counter though. All seemed to be working fine, not sure which one they used i will find out tomorrow.

BTW back from my hols, anything happened while i was away ? Looks like i sold my doors. hope they fix the problem.
Still got about 4/5 weeks before my replacement car comes, getting fed up using the works van when going out with the wife. Mind you i havn't missed much decent driving weather and i should have my car ready for the first *** show at Santa pod.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Got a funny/wierd story for you all.

I am a footy fan and follow Millwall (don't ask why its a family thing that goes way back ) anyhow i went to watch them play at Leeds at the beginning of the season and decided to drive up there with my son. I found a car park near the ground and parked up, however i was always a little bit worried the car could get damaged due to the nature of a Leeds v Millwall match so after the game i was glad to return and see my car in the middle of the car park on its own unmarked due to the fact all the Leeds fans had gone home as we were kept back in the ground for two hours after the game ended. So i drove home thinking im an idiot worrying for no reason that my car might get damaged.
I get back from holiday Monday and reading through my emails i get one from a friend and fellow supporter who had come accross a video on youtube which had been posted by a Leeds fan showing trouble at the same match earlier in the year. It showed a group of Millwall fans fighting Leeds fans in a car park and guess whos car was sitting in the middle of it all. Apparently bottles, coins, bricks had been thrown and to think my car came through it without a scratch. Im sure the bloke filming with the mobile phone runs over the top of it at one point.
Funny thing is after surviving a leeds/millwall pitch battle a few weeks later im taking a nice slow sunday drive in the country with the wife and some woman T bones me and totals the car

Here is the video, see if you can spot my silver 350gt.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vHdgJMLTrAA&feature=related

Last edited by ukgt; 04-01-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:56 AM
mov
Originally Posted by ukgt
Got a funny/wierd story for you all.

I am a footy fan and follow Millwall (don't ask why its a family thing that goes way back ) anyhow i went to watch them play at Leeds at the beginning of the season and decided to drive up there with my son. I found a car park near the ground and parked up, however i was always a little bit worried the car could get damaged due to the nature of a Leeds v Millwall match so after the game i was glad to return and see my car in the middle of the car park on its own unmarked due to the fact all the Leeds fans had gone home as we were kept back in the ground for two hours after the game ended. So i drove home thinking im an idiot worrying for no reason that my car might get damaged.
I get back from holiday Monday and reading through my emails i get one from a friend and fellow supporter who had come accross a video on youtube which had been posted by a Leeds fan showing trouble at the same match earlier in the year. It showed a group of Millwall fans fighting Leeds fans in a car park and guess whos car was sitting in the middle of it all. Apparently bottles, coins, bricks had been thrown and to think my car came through it without a scratch. Im sure the bloke filming with the mobile phone runs over the top of it at one point.
Funny thing is after surviving a leeds/millwall pitch battle a few weeks later im taking a nice slow sunday drive in the country with the wife and some woman T bones me and totals the car

Here is the video, see if you can spot my silver 350gt.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vHdgJM...eature=related

jesus you were lucky im a leeds season ticket holder and i go by taxi

Old 04-02-2008, 01:37 PM
I cant believe that. That is so funny Tom

You going to have to share that with the local *** club.

That is brilliant.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Tom,that is unbelievable,bet you wont take your new motor to footie games.
A guy I work with is a big Millwall fan,he drives me crazy about the good times !!!
Me I am a big Wolves fan,I cant remember the good times
When do you get your new car ???
Looking forward to seeing tit
Rob

Old 04-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Stu,
thought that would amuse you. How you keeping anyhow, hope things are better now Havn't posted on *** n crazy for a while as it seemed a little slow but i will post on there tonight.

Rob,
Im sure you remember the Derek Dougan days What became of steve bull Had many good days at Molineux i will have to show you some 70's wolves v millwall programmes i have if ever we get this meet on.
My car is still in Japan waiting for the body kit to be fitted before they ship it. The Top Secret front bumper is taking a while as they only make them to order. She will be ready for the main shows this year (early june). I have my new wheels at home and have ordered a Carbonetics triple clutch from the U.S.
The parts from my car are starting to sell well now word is getting about and they are going to log the remaining parts on ebay.

mov

Let me know if you want a ticket for the game at the den on the 19th. Leeds have sold their allocation. You will have to sit with us in the home end though

Tom

Last edited by ukgt; 04-02-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:00 PM
I would be crapping it if that was my 350gt! unbelievable luck you got there

was back tracking thru the thread and saw the car you're getting tom, looks brilliant and liking the pearl white too! came across a thread of another members car in white, that looks amazing too so good choice! (pics of it: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2067624)

cheers for the info on the other thread rob, lookin like i may as well get a tomtom too until something better comes out. wondering if you got your bluetooth to work tho? desperately need to get that sorted cus the 'bobbys' are jus lookin for an excuse to pull me over.. assuming its cus of me age lol.

cheers!

Sarj.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all uk owners