Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

To all uk owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xover
Thanks Airsoft Andy for that explanation.
Unless It also effects the window mechanism I do not think I have a problem with the actuator

My problem is with the passenger side window motor. This is what I'm looking to solve. It is my believe that it is this motor that is malfunctioning.
Perhaps we've all misunderstood you. Is it a window problem you've got or a door lock problem?

Old 03-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
Perhaps we've all misunderstood you. Is it a window problem you've got or a door lock problem?
well my original post was:
https://g35driver.com/forums/other-regions/206711-getting-parts-uk.html

which I asked for the window motor. I was then advised to look in this thread by Tom who was offering he's old car for salvage.

I did and found that Rob was looking for an actuator while also being the salvage master.

So PM'ed him so we could arrange a meet to salvage the bits we needed from the passenger door.

Now however I'm back at square one as Rob no longer seeks the actuator.

But I still seek the window motor

phew... that was like a harry potter book

Old 03-14-2008, 09:24 PM
hey fellas,

just dropping a quick line to say thanks for the help earlier, helped me out quite a bit. hopefully should be joining the club v.soon with a 05 black 350gt. cant wait!

just wondering if anyone has managed to change their headlights from the oem ones to one with a black housing? was browsing the forum and came across a nice set but was for an 06 i think..

Old 03-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by xover
well my original post was:
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206711

which I asked for the window motor. I was then advised to look in this thread by Tom who was offering he's old car for salvage.

I did and found that Rob was looking for an actuator while also being the salvage master.

So PM'ed him so we could arrange a meet to salvage the bits we needed from the passenger door.

Now however I'm back at square one as Rob no longer seeks the actuator.

But I still seek the window motor

phew... that was like a harry potter book
Sorry mate, that actuator I've been talking about solves the door lock problem...not any window problem you may have.

If it's true that Rob doesn't need the actuators, then I'd be interested in the passenger door actuator if it's still working

Old 03-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by reelybroke
Andy,just about to try to source new ones from across the pond !!
Do you think they are not the same as JDM models ???
Rob
Not too sure mate. But it sounds like they might be different if they have a reset button on theirs. My local Nissan Dealers parts dept. man is very helpful and would be able to get them...but at Nissan's prices

EDIT: Oops! Just read the thread again and the reset button is on the window motor. Oh well...back to the drawing board

Last edited by Airsoft Andy; 03-15-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Sorry mate, that actuator I've been talking about solves the door lock problem...not any window problem you may have.

If it's true that Rob doesn't need the actuators, then I'd be interested in the passenger door actuator if it's still working
Andy,you are welcome to have Toms actuator,I have decided that the job was a bigger one than I really wanted to tackle,think I am going to have to get someone like Cartronics to fix for me.
As both of mine have gone it meant that by buying just one motor didnt really solve the problem,as Tom (quite understandably ) wants to sell the good door complete.
Maybe you could get your boot fixed as well ???
Rob

Last edited by reelybroke; 03-15-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Cheers Rob. Glad the sites up and running again. I was getting withdrawal symptoms.

Hey OJ, try this thread:https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=Door+Actuator
It might be of interest, if a little depressing though.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:23 PM
which type of petrol do you use ???

I have always used Tesco premium at 97( I think)Sainsburys premium is not as high/same as Esso ???
Over in the States they seem to all use premium but the premium gas over there I think has a lower octane level than over here ????
Rob

Old 03-15-2008, 04:20 PM
I run mine on Shell V-Power. But it might not be the best for our car, I just found it better than most.
Check out this thread: http://www.sussexjapclub.com/v-power...ghlight=petrol

Old 03-15-2008, 04:47 PM
I run mine on Shell V-Power. But it might not be the best for our car, I just found it better than most.
Check out this thread: http://www.sussexjapclub.com/v-power...ghlight=petrol
Andy shell v power is mega bucks and you use yours as a daily driver,is it really that good ???
Rob

Old 03-16-2008, 04:13 PM
I use Tesco 99RON as out of the two garages we have in Blandford - one is Tesco's and the other is Esso. Currently Super at our Esso is £1.16 per litre. Criminal! Tesco is £1.05 so thats what I use. The nearest Shell garage is 15 miles away!

Old 03-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Hey OJ, try this thread:https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=Door+Actuator
It might be of interest, if a little depressing though.
Thanks!
I found a similar thread which gizsf said the same thing. I do not have a garage or drive to dismantle the door and my street is a main road .

This weekend while the site was down ( That was a painful 48 hours!!! ) I talked to my local garage and they happily ( for a price ) dismantled it and confirmed the problem.

The dismantling of the motor is the next option IF I can not simple replace it. Thankfully my local said that if I get another motor they would do the work FREE!!!

So I will be looking for another motor on ebay .

Old 03-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Quick update:
found this site also:
http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Servi...eset_Procedure

but I know this is not my problem.
There are clearly 2 types of window motor problem. The first is when the window gets out of line. i.e. losses its positioning. This causes the window to half open but then close up. The second is when the window does not open / close smoothly.

My problem is the later and I don't think the reset button helps with this.

Gizsf states that it doesn't and he like taking his car apart

So still looking for the part

Old 03-18-2008, 03:45 AM
See the "other" thread.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:58 PM
and im in the club this friday! counting the seconds to go pick it up! will post some pics

quick q - having a really hard time getting insurance for the car.. in the sense that no one can find the car in their system.. and that some companies ask age (20) and then car (skyline 350gt) and go 'err..' was wondering if you guys reckon it'd be ok declared it as a 350Z 2+2? any help would be appriciated.

cheers!

- syrus

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all uk owners