Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

To all uk owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Syrus
Hey everyone,

New here and have been browsing through the forum and have noticed that quite a few people have these 350GTs in the UK now. Proud to say that I will be getting one soon enough too! Got a couple qs tho..

Been looking at these for quite a while now, and was just wondering if anyone has got their SatNav to work? like the actual oem screen & the buttons.. i know there are a few work arounds by using a remote etc but the oem slide screen is really slick!

And last but not least.. what insurance company is everyone using? I suspect I'll have fairly high quotes seeing as im 20.. and yes.. im seriously hoping the 350GT is worth all this hard earned money! saying that i was also wondering how much everyone paid for their GTs? (i know its abit personal but would appriciate it as the price range for this car is just ridiculous! from £12k-27!?)

Thanks! Appriciate the help.

Syrus.
Hi mate welcome to the club !!!
You wont regret buying one.
Most of us have opted for leaving the sat nav alone,in case someone comes up with a soultion at a reasonable price.
Insurance,I am with A plan but they give me a discount for being a member of the www.skylineowners.com .A few of us have signed up on this site but do not get very much of a response because they nearly all own first generation skylines. Friendly forum though.
Cost for one of our models appears to be around 14.5 k on the road for a good one around 4 years old.
I paid just under 15k for mine,it had 22k on the clock and had been imported a year before I brought it,so I am the second UK owner.
It has full *** service history ect ect.
A newer one is going to cost more I guess as an older high mileage would cost less.
or you could import your own through an agent,dont know much about it but UK gt(Tom) has done it and just got himself one very tasty car !!!

Old 03-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome Syrus,

I took all my sat nav out and put my defi dials there instead, i just use a Tom Tom

Im with Adrian Flux as i have heavy mods. Im 46 with full no claims and mine came out at £750 with mods declared for £30k.

The biggest swing in prices is whether you have the gt or gt premium, here is a handy link for the differences.
http://press.nissan-global.com/NEW_S...tographs2.html

In the *** auctions it can be as much as 3k difference in price for a grade 5 exterior and A interior.
The 6mt is also more than the 5at.
Then colour, the one i just bought is a 2003 grade 5A gt premium and everything up to delivery to Southampton has cost me 9.5K then i have duty, vat (can avoid some) and sva test to add on. If this was in black it would have cost me
£2k more.

I believe you can't adapt the existing sat nav due to the chip being patented for Japanese market like the Infiniti has been chipped for U.S market then same with the Aussie's. (copyright etc) so as there is no chip for northern europe you can only fit a new system or go boosted and fit some Defi's

Tom

Old 03-04-2008, 01:06 PM
reelybroke did you get my message?

Old 03-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by xover
Yep !!!
Are you ok for going over to tdi around 12.30 pm sat,I am sure between us we can get the parts we need without taking both doors !!
Have you contacted TDI to tell them ???
Tom what do you want to do about the cost for the parts,quite happy to settle a fair price when we have finished or give me a call .
Have sent you a PM with my tel no
Rob

Last edited by reelybroke; 03-04-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by xover
Sorry mate Didnt read your PM,this is getting complicated !!!!!!!!!!
I will ring TDI and tell them I am coming over to take the bits out of the doors
If they agree,they have already told me that they would prefer to sell the doors only,Iwill also check that they will be there on sat afternoon.
For some reason cant message you on your c9ontact that you sent,send me your tel no by PM think thats going to be easier !!!
Rob

Old 03-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by reelybroke
Yep !!!
Are you ok for going over to tdi around 12.30 pm sat,I am sure between us we can get the parts we need without taking both doors !!
Tom what do you want to do about the cost for the parts,quite happy to settle a fair price when we have finished or give me a call .
Rob
Rob the passenger door got some damage, so i cant sell it after, so this door you can take and dispose of after. TDI will only charge between the two of you the second hand cost of acuator and window motor. I have left TDI to sort the price out but i have informed them to make it a good price for you (i have no idea how to price these things).
Did you need a second acuator from the other door ? if so i think TDI only wanted to sell it as a complete door, if i am left with a door that has bits and bobs taken from it i will have trouble selling to someone that just wants to take their door off and just put my door straight on without having to swap internal parts about. Did they quote you for a complete door ??

Old 03-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Hey Tom. That new car of yours looks sweeet! Will look even better when you get the new kit on.

I got to hear the Injen zorst you sold me today. Christ am I gonna wake the neighbours in my street! Can't wait to drive her again. Should be ready this weekend, as long as I can sort out the squealing fan belt in time, and the slipping air con clutch wheel.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Hey Syrus. Welcome to the clan. As already said, you've made the right choice in choosing a 350GT. Just get ready to have a permanent grin on your face.

As for insurance, I'm 46, with 6 years n.c.d. and have just made a big claim for writing off my car (lucky I had n.c.d. protection) and I'm with Performance Direct. Just paid £796 renewal.

My car is on 05 reg. I'm the second UK owner and I bought it privately for £19k. It was in perfect condition with around 19k miles.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by reelybroke
Yep !!!
Rob
So what parts are you guys gonna get then?

Old 03-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Hey everyone,

Saturday at TDI's could be interesting as by chance there is a 350z owners club rolling road day happening, so lots of info to be had on our shared VQ35 engine

Old 03-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Tom,have decided to go over with PJ a week on friday ,when I spoke to TDI on the phone they told me about the 350z rolling road day ,would have loved to have been there but trying to remove door parts about 10 feet from the rolling road just didnt seem to be a practical propostion !!!
Tom TDI are reluctant to talk about prices ,can you PM me with what you want for the damaged door parts ,ie window motor for PJ and the acuator for Moi.
I understand you wanting to sell the other door complete,could you give me a price for this too.
Cheers Rob

Old 03-05-2008, 02:55 PM
'Actuator' not 'acuator'

I'm going to try and pop along, as long as my car is back on the road (fingers crossed).

Old 03-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
So what parts are you guys gonna get then?
Andy
I have had a very quick look at Toms car,it still looks good now from many angles,but for now I am interested in getting my remote locking sorted,I did think about the exhaust ,but you beat me to it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Going to look at the grill as I hate mine !!!!!!!!!!! It looks like a ford scorpio !!
But the big one is I cant decide on is new wheels(not Toms he keeps scuffng his !!!)

Old 03-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Question

[QUOTE=Airsoft Andy]'Actuator' not 'acuator'

I'm going to try and pop along, as long as my car is back on the road (fingers crossed).
Thanks Andy now know what I am looking for !!!!!!!!!
Will i need a big hammer then to get this actuator out

Old 03-05-2008, 03:58 PM
No but you'll probably need two pairs of hands, cos the glass has to come out.

Sorry I beat you to the Zorst. Thought mine was S/S til I checked. Was well disappointed when I found out it was a single steel one except for the rear pipe trims. Glad I've got a full S/S one now.

It would be worth getting the wheels if you knew you could replace the dented one, then you could get them refurbed. Just got mine done for £55 each + vat.

Last edited by Airsoft Andy; 03-05-2008 at 04:11 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all uk owners