Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

To all uk owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
Hi Tom. Sorry to hear you missed out on the black one. I'm sure there'll be another, better one just around the corner with your name on it.

Would you be interested in selling me your front fog lights? Before you say it, I know one has a cracked lense. I'm still having problems locating a set. I might end up importing a set from Japan.

Do you know anyone in this country who would be able to supply me with a chrome (or SS) Z Tube for my car?

Cheers

Andy
Hi Andy,

Yes the front fogs are for sale as i am having the Top Secret front bumper on the new one which has the intercooler cut out in it. Again just speak to TDI's i will email him tonight to let him know and to sort you out a good price.
Didn't know the lense was cracked, it must of happened in the crash when it caused me to split the front Impul bumper.Make sure you get the whole assembly including the harness.

I have a JWT pop charger and Z tube knocking around at TDI's, they took it off of my car when the TT kit was fitted with its own intake system. It doesn't add any power but it sounds sweet when you hit the gas It may have been black not chrome though i can't remember

Tom

Old 02-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats a shame...I just bought a Popcharger. As for the Z-tube, I really want a chrome one. Just for the bling effect

I'll contact TDI soon.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
^ Unlimited Tuning sells a chrome, polished or CF Z-Tube, though they're in the States. Shipping costs must be terrible for you guys getting things from here. I had their polished.

http://www.unlimitedtuning.com/perfUTR1.htm

Old 02-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Cheers mate. I'll try them if I can't get one from a UK supplier.

Yes, shipping costs together with import duty, VAT & handling all take their toll on our wallets.

Just saw a programme on the new Nissan GTR. They said it would cost around £30,000 in Japan but about £60,000 when it's released in the UK. We're stitched up big time in the UK

Old 02-27-2008, 05:18 PM
6MT Coupe
^ Don't know the money exchange, but GTR starting (base) will be at $70,000 here. Then dealer mark-up on top! Most likely $100,000 after all said and done
Still a fair price for what else there is in same class of vehicle. Was it you that mentioned your wives right arm? Maybe both eh?

Old 02-27-2008, 06:38 PM
LMAO

That equates to about £35k to £50k

Old 02-29-2008, 04:08 PM
I changed my drivers door actuator/solenoid last week and got some really bad news! Whilst stripping the door panel I managed to get a look at the door lock. Its made by Renault! No wonder we get problems with the locks, etc. I wonder how many other parts on our cars are made by them.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:13 PM
I changed my drivers door actuator/solenoid last week and got some really bad news! Whilst stripping the door panel I managed to get a look at the door lock. Its made by Renault! No wonder we get problems with the locks, etc. I wonder how many other parts on our cars are made by them.
The renault Espace uses the VQ35 DE engine. this engine has won awards all around the globe.

You can see how many cars share the VQ format
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine

Old 02-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Christ Tom, is there no end to your broad knowledge
Cheers for the feedback. I agree that we've got a great engine in our cars, but Renault haven't got a good reputation in the car dept. I asked a recovery truck driver once, "of all the cars that you've been called out to, is there one that stands out as being head and shoulders above the rest at being unreliable and always breaking down, except of course TVR's ". He said "there's not one particular car, but I wouldn't cross the street to buy a Renault"

Old 02-29-2008, 06:44 PM
6MT Coupe
Hahaha...Renault. Back in the late 70's I bought one for my back then g/f. It was a Le Car. Fast, well sorta, little booger and used to beat the snot out of it. Fun little thing. After it went Boom had to get my gal a different vehicle. And after the fact, found out they raced those cute things with mini coopers, etc. Never have bought another one.
I'm rambling...sry.
Have a good week-end everyone.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks, the weekend will start good for me in about 2 hrs from now if the next car that i have bid for goes through the Japanese auction. If i dont get this one then i have only got next week then i am off on my hols for 2 1/2 weeks. Means i will loose a month of driving in our already short summer

Andy i am far from knowledgable about cars. I just show an interest, which is probably down to me being on the net while the wife and daughters watch 'Eastenders', Corrie, Home & Away, Emmerdale etc etc. between 5-9 pm.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:04 PM
I am today once again the owner of a 350gt

Old 03-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by ukgt

Come on Tom,what have you got !!!!!
Well done mate ,bet its good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Andy can you talk me through this,I have the same problem,any help would be very much appreciated,
where did you get the spare parts ect ect !!!
Rob
For what its worth,years ago had a Renault 21gts as a company car,absolutely thrashed it from day 1(as you do with company cars) and it never once let me down,to be quite honest it surprised me as well,my boss took a renault 25 auto and is was a pile of crap,car was off the road more than it was on,it was taken out of contract in less than 2 years,maybe they make both good and bad ???
Clio is not a bad car !!!

Old 03-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by ukgt

Great news Tom. Bet you can't wait til she arrives?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all uk owners