Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

To all uk owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Andy I think you are going to have to talk me through this,or better still get up to TDis on friday week and show me !!! would hate to have use a hammer in the wrong places on Toms Motor !!!!!!!

Old 03-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Replacement Front pads and Discs

Hi Folks

I am glad to see there is life in the forums again. I really struggled last year and thought it had died a death for UK owners. Can anyone offer any advice for good but cheap replacement front disks and pads. After a costly divorce last year i cant afford a decent upgrade so am only looking at spending £300 to get through MOT next month and get me by for this year. My pads are gone and my disks are lipped and i have a horrendous sqeal caused by the wear sensor on the OEMs. I only have 9000 on the clock so not impressed with the discs and i dont drive too hard.

I have had a look at the EBC drilled and grooved discs and greenstuff pads for G35 on the US site and then entered the same product codes on the UK EBC site (GD7120 & DP21636) and they come back as the being for the 350z (non-brembo). Is this correct, I thought it was different running gear. The parts are only going to cost circa £200 so should be ok with a £300 budget.

Also, does anyone know if they are ok or can recommend a better alternative in the same price range. I have an RAC mate doing the fitting for me so looking for a simple swap out.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by reelybroke
Andy I think you are going to have to talk me through this,or better still get up to TDis on friday week and show me !!! would hate to have use a hammer in the wrong places on Toms Motor !!!!!!!
Rob thanks fit the call today. Can't wait to fix my problem. Most annoying when people pull up on the passenger side or footpath asking what the car is and because of the tempermental motor I end up looking like a kings road yuppie! (i.e. To posh to roll down my window ).

Old 03-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi sandgrownun,
Are you 5AT or 6MT, if you have 5AT the ones off my car as mentioned above will do you fine, the discs are in good order and the front pads have hardly any miles on them, they will see you through a mot and at least the year. They are no good to me as i have just bought a 6MT with Brembo package.

BTW we will have to have a chat about these user names and what they mean. Like xover, sandgrownun, mov etc etc.

Has anyone heard from Stu (uk350gt) he was a regular on here and i went to some shows with him last year. Stu if you read this give us a post to let us know your still with the living.

Tom

Old 03-05-2008, 07:10 PM
So we can keep track of who owns what car ie, year, colour, 6my/5at , name, place, i am going to start a roll call thread in the other regions area. I know we are only meant to have one for each region but i rekon it will be ok.
This way we can see how many of us there are and in what regions. Just use the quote tag then put in your details and post, i will get the ball rolling.
Please only put this info in without any chat.
Also if you are just lurking and dont wish to join in our chat please still include your details and you can leave your name out if you wish.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:40 AM
Originally Posted by ukgt
Hi sandgrownun,
Are you 5AT or 6MT, if you have 5AT the ones off my car as mentioned above will do you fine, the discs are in good order and the front pads have hardly any miles on them, they will see you through a mot and at least the year. They are no good to me as i have just bought a 6MT with Brembo package.

BTW we will have to have a chat about these user names and what they mean. Like xover, sandgrownun, mov etc etc.

Has anyone heard from Stu (uk350gt) he was a regular on here and i went to some shows with him last year. Stu if you read this give us a post to let us know your still with the living.

Tom
Thanks for the kind offer. Mine is the automatic:-)

I am from Blackpool, hence the nickname Sandgrownun however since I bought the car a year ago there are two others appeared and another arriving Saturday in Blackpool. I like the idea of having a rare care but then that isnt great for the community so the more the merrier!

My car is a black 2004 Premium pack which came immaculate with 3k on the clock. My only mods are HKS Hipermax coils and a new Civic style rear bumper which was on the car. I have not seen another bumper like it anywhere so maybe it was custom made. Oh I have a yellowtop battery which is the best mod i have coz the car aint much use if you cant start it in the morning

Has anyone else had an issue with the lifecycle of the brakes. I have had no complaints with the OEMs, they've been great but to wear out in such a short time is worrying (less than 10k). Thats like a yearly change for discs and pads. Perhaps the discs were put back on dirty or uneven when the coils were fitted, who knows?

Old 03-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Has anyone else had an issue with the lifecycle of the brakes. I have had no complaints with the OEMs, they've been great but to wear out in such a short time is worrying (less than 10k). Thats like a yearly change for discs and pads. Perhaps the discs were put back on dirty or uneven when the coils were fitted, who knows?[/QUOTE]

Like i say mine was 5AT so i have the same brakes . Problem is the distance from Blackpool to Lakeside Thurrock Let me know if you need them.

Dont forget to add your name on our new members list, thanks.

https://g35driver.com/forums/other-regions-125/
Tom

Old 03-06-2008, 03:40 PM
WOOHOO! She's finally back on the road. It seems like she's been away for years.

Will be going to TDi's on Saturday at around lunchtime if anyone's up for a mini-meet (see you there Tom). Hope they're open after lunch.

Just got a few niggling faults to sort, namely: 1. The outside temperature reading is -30 2. The engine management light is on (might be something to do with new intake kit). 3. The aircon pulley works intermittently.

It'll be so good to not have to cycle to work tomorrow. I'm beginning to get Arnie leg muscles

Old 03-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
WOOHOO! She's finally back on the road. It seems like she's been away for years.

Will be going to TDi's on Saturday at around lunchtime if anyone's up for a mini-meet (see you there Tom). Hope they're open after lunch.

Just got a few niggling faults to sort, namely: 1. The outside temperature reading is -30 2. The engine management light is on (might be something to do with new intake kit). 3. The aircon pulley works intermittently.

It'll be so good to not have to cycle to work tomorrow. I'm beginning to get Arnie leg muscles

Andy,
Did you do the self diagnostic test ?? i doubt its you intake as i had a JWT one fitted without an engine light warning. It is more likely telling you that your outside stat is not working.
Yep i will be there at lunchtime, gotta give them some money to get my HKS fcon vpro management system . Get to nose around the 350z's as well, hopefully there will be some nicely moded ones there.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Cheers Tom. Will check it out. See you Saturday. If you're there before me, I'm sure you'll know when I'm about to arrive when you hear your old zorst

Old 03-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
Cheers Tom. Will check it out. See you Saturday. If you're there before me, I'm sure you'll know when I'm about to arrive when you hear your old zorst

Old 03-06-2008, 07:03 PM
TDI - is that the place in Barking?
If we are still thinking of places to meet, I plan to be at a number of the summer shows. We should see if one of them is good for a number of us - especially the big ones like Japfest or the various ones at Santa Pod or Silverstone.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Well I'm back.

There's been a lot of activity here.

Nice to see some new names.

Thanks for giving me a nudge Tom. I need one now and again.

Stu.

Last edited by uk350gt; 03-07-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by uk350gt
Well I'm back.

There's been a lot of activity here.

Nice to see some new names.

Thanks for giving me a nudge Tom. I need one now and again.

Stu.

Good to see you back on board Stu, seems like our car is taking off over here now
Even the big tuners are getting involved, TDI are having a 350z rolling day, Ron (rocket ron) at RK tuning has bought a 350gt and today i found out that the god of Skyline tuning mark gillan of abbey motor sport is running around in his own 400 bhp n/a 350z

Cant wait to meet up with you Stu and many others , i rekon we can make some good use of them shot glasses you have

Old 03-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Andy/Tom
Is it ok to gate crash TDI tommorow ??????????? Just to meet you guys ????
Rob

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all uk owners