Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

To all uk owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Syrus
and im in the club this friday! counting the seconds to go pick it up! will post some pics

quick q - having a really hard time getting insurance for the car.. in the sense that no one can find the car in their system.. and that some companies ask age (20) and then car (skyline 350gt) and go 'err..' was wondering if you guys reckon it'd be ok declared it as a 350Z 2+2? any help would be appriciated.

cheers!

- syrus
Hi mate,
well done you aint going to regret getting one !!!
Insurance............. Go to A plan they know the car and do good deals.If you sign up for www.skylineowners.com A plan will give you a better deal.
If you visit the site and search for insurance there are loads of threads on there about insurance.
Phone number for A plan is 0845 071 1234,it is their special schemes centre.
Do not insure your car as a 350z,it might be similar to the 350gt but you will find that your insurance cover is invalid,to start with I had the same problems as you and was getting really low quotes for cover only to find they were quoting me for a 350z !!!
Best of luck.Post some pics !!!What colour and spec ???
Rob

Old 03-19-2008, 05:26 PM
^^ Thanks for the help mate, gonna give them a call tomoro morning and hopefully will be sorted out!

Will post pics as soon as ive got it, its a 2005 Black 5AT Premium GT. Looked for a manual but no chance lol, and i dont think i could hack the wait to have one imported.

Thanks again

Old 03-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Just had the front brakes replaced today. Now she's really beginning to look like a real Skyline!

Old 03-22-2008, 06:42 AM
Weren't the Brembo's good enough then?
You can't beat a set of AP's though! Nice. Where did you get them from?

Old 03-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey fellas got the car and you're right.. THE best car ive ever driven by far. Havnt been able to take any pics yet thanks to the snow but will put em up as soon as i can.

Just wondering if anyones got their bluetooth to work? been messing with it all day and it just wont work! course it would help if i could read japanese... o_0.

oh yeah, been browsing the forum and apparently the 350gt mirrors dip when you put it in reverse? mine dont seem to.. unless i missed something. what id do to have an english manual!

Old 03-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by gregthay
Weren't the Brembo's good enough then?
You can't beat a set of AP's though! Nice. Where did you get them from?
Mine were just standard s*i*e factory fit ones, similar to those fitted to Postman Pats van . If I'd had Brembo's, I'd probably have stuck with them for a while. Anyone in the know tells me Brembo's aren't all what they're cracked up to be . The AP's are mahoosive . The first time I drove it, they wiped off the wheel weights .

I bought them thru Balance Motorsport near Henfield in West Sussex. They quoted me a good price and then when they ordered them, they found out there'd been a price increase so they didn't make much on the sale. They tried playing to my better nature but I didn't rise to the bait (they're loss ).

Old 03-23-2008, 10:29 AM
mov
Originally Posted by Syrus
Hey fellas got the car and you're right.. THE best car ive ever driven by far. Havnt been able to take any pics yet thanks to the snow but will put em up as soon as i can.

Just wondering if anyones got their bluetooth to work? been messing with it all day and it just wont work! course it would help if i could read japanese... o_0.

oh yeah, been browsing the forum and apparently the 350gt mirrors dip when you put it in reverse? mine dont seem to.. unless i missed something. what id do to have an english manual!
theres a button for the mirrors bottom right of the steering wheel just to the left of the boot and vdc switch

Old 03-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by mov
theres a button for the mirrors bottom right of the steering wheel just to the left of the boot and vdc switch
Hey Rob. You've got that switch. We spotted it at TDi and none of us were sure what it did.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:27 AM
Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
Hey Rob. You've got that switch. We spotted it at TDi and none of us were sure what it did.
Andy I went straight out and tried it when I read the message !!!
Guess what ????? It doesnt work
Still not sure what is does

Old 03-24-2008, 07:53 AM
LMAO Thats exactly what I would have done. I think our cars hold some kind of power over us
Did you press it in and then select reverse then?
If that didn't do it then it's another thing to add to the list of bits that need looking at. Bet you it's made by Renault

Old 03-24-2008, 10:55 AM
mov
is yours a *** import because the us infinity does not have this option
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...hlight=mirrors

Old 03-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by mov
is yours a *** import because the us infinity does not have this option
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...hlight=mirrors
Mov,Hi mate
Mine is a JDM model has the button but whatever I do with it it doesnt appear to do any thing,but then I have a few other bits like that
Andy thanks for the tip,ran outside again to test the press button before I engage reverse and yes you guessed .......... it still dont work
Funny how all the dodgy bits seem to be Renault

Old 03-24-2008, 01:08 PM
mov
just checked again in case i told you its the wrong button but its definately that one it says auto on it and a pic of a mirror can you hear it click when you press it

Old 03-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Just to confuse you guys even further, the button next to the VDC and Boot open switch on mine is for switching between my main xenon headlamps and the ones below (std headlamps). Its got a two lights one above the other on it.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by gregthay
Just to confuse you guys even further, the button next to the VDC and Boot open switch on mine is for switching between my main xenon headlamps and the ones below (std headlamps). Its got a two lights one above the other on it.
Greg there is no way I am going to go out to my motor to check this out !!!
2 inches of snow,may be have a go tommorow ????
For whats its worth I have just managed to get a translated 350gt manual for JDM model,still waiting for it to arrive when it does will let you all know if it is any good.The USA G35 manual is ok but very different and not a lot of good to JDM models.
I am sure this button does something,may be orders pizzas to go

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all uk owners