Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Jack Stands and the G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VQdriver
Hello, I saw your thread about them ages ago but before you mentioned about fabbing them. Nice work!I have a few questions: Does the top flat portion of the pad make contact with the body and support it that way? Or, does it support the car by the groove making contact with the pinched rail? Looks like they will work with a variety of cars that use scissor type jacks on the pinch rails, correct?

Are they still in "stock?"
The car is supported by the flat portion of the pad, spreading the load to the chassis reinforcement place. The rail doesn't bottom out in the groove, it's purpose is to locate the pad, and prevent it from sliding. You never want to support the car by the tip of the rail -- it's not safe, and you'll quickly bend/damage the rail, because of the concentrated load.

These pads fit most Japanese cars -- Nissan/Infiniti, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, etc.. Basically, any car with the rail.

Yes, the pads are in stock. I have 6 left from the last batch, and can ship ASAP. A new batch is cast this weekend, and machined on Monday.

Alex

Old 12-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by flipper325
The car is supported by the flat portion of the pad, spreading the load to the chassis reinforcement place. The rail doesn't bottom out in the groove, it's purpose is to locate the pad, and prevent it from sliding. You never want to support the car by the tip of the rail -- it's not safe, and you'll quickly bend/damage the rail, because of the concentrated load.
Alex
True. Sometimes I peak inside local garages with lifts and I see the mechanics place the flat arms of these lifts right on the tip of the rail so the weight of the car is concentrated on the rail. Especially on the rear because a lot of cars don't have a boxed frame in that area. Granted there's a bit more surface area with these arms than a standard jack stand it still isn't ideal in my opinion. Next time I put my car up on stands I would like them properly placed!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Alex, funds sent for a set of 4!

Old 12-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Alex, funds sent for a set of 4!
Got it, thanks! They'll go out tonight.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
I received my 4 adapters today, I am very impress with the product, customer service and how quickly I received the product. It was definitely a pleasure doing business with you. Thanks again Alex.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by flipper325
Got it, thanks! They'll go out tonight.
Cool. I actually received them yesterday. Opened them today. Wow, pretty high quality right out of the box! They're of better quality than the red jack stand pads HF sells for their own stands. That's good ole' made with pride in the USA for you lol.

I haven't tried them on the jack stands yet, but tell me. Do I set these on the exact points the scissor type jack would normally sit? Just putting them on the notched rail with my bare hands they look like they don't sit completely level. I'll eventually get a chance to really lay on the ground and see everything fit better. Thanks again.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my 4 and they are great quality. Thanks for the product and the responses to my questions, Alex. I'll post if they fit on the Northern Tools jacks when I go by their store to do a test fit. I like the double locking action on Northern Tools jacks so I hope they fit.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Cool. I actually received them yesterday. Opened them today. Wow, pretty high quality right out of the box! They're of better quality than the red jack stand pads HF sells for their own stands. That's good ole' made with pride in the USA for you lol.

I haven't tried them on the jack stands yet, but tell me. Do I set these on the exact points the scissor type jack would normally sit? Just putting them on the notched rail with my bare hands they look like they don't sit completely level. I'll eventually get a chance to really lay on the ground and see everything fit better. Thanks again.
Yes, on each side of the car, you should see specific support points, front and rear. These points are reinforced, usually with a thicker lip, and more importantly, with an additional plate to carry the load. Don't try to support the car elsewhere, as this risks body damage -- both car's and yours.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the thumbs up! Glad to hear everyone likes them!

Old 03-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Sent you a pm but no response yet. Do they work for the 350z? I'm interested in a few. Hate when it bends the tabs.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by latinracer
Sent you a pm but no response yet. Do they work for the 350z? I'm interested in a few. Hate when it bends the tabs.
Just got home and PM'd you back. Yes, these pads work very well for Z-cars. I have pics from one of my customers with a 2003 350Z, and they fit great within/behind the side-skirt.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Last edited by flipper325; 03-10-2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Added pics
Old 03-11-2011, 04:35 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
How much for a set of four shipped to 77450?

Old 03-11-2011, 09:46 AM
So that folks don't have to search the entire thread, here is the pertinent ordering info:

2 pads -- $45 shipped (within Continental US)
4 pads -- $75 shipped (within Continental US)

My PayPal address is flipper325_at_sbcglobal_dot_net

These pads were designed for Harbor Freight steel jack stands ($20 on sale). They will work with other stand that have the same curvature of the support saddle, such as Sears.

It is CRITICAL for the pad curvature to match the saddle curvature, for proper force distribution!

Alex

Attached Thumbnails Jack Stands and the G-cimg1545.jpg   Jack Stands and the G-cimg1546.jpg   Jack Stands and the G-z_07_lr.jpg  
Old 03-16-2011, 10:16 AM
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...1&blockType=G1

Flipper, if I get these Sears 3ton for 24.99 will the adaptors fits these jacks?

BTW: I couldn't tell by the sears picture from your thread if they were actually the same one.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by jackeroo75
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...1&blockType=G1

Flipper, if I get these Sears 3ton for 24.99 will the adaptors fits these jacks?

BTW: I couldn't tell by the sears picture from your thread if they were actually the same one.
I'm pretty sure they would work, as several folks with different Sears stands bought my pads, and used them without any issues. To confirm, I'll stop by my local Sears tonight, after picking up a new batch of 40 pads from the machine shop. Will give me a chance to admire them again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Jack Stands and the G