Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

LS1 Drift Build 'Nuff Said'

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Received 127 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by g35man04
So edafe you recommend if at all possible to stick with the Cable throttle body setup?? I have access to a 05 GTO complete pull out motor with tranny, ECU, wiring harness, pedal assembly..hate to say it but im going auto in it just f.y.i. using the 6L80E instead of the Manual tranny on the GTO. the only down fall is the drive by wire setup that I want to get away from....If not My company locally here in Dallas area that is doing the swap said they can turn off all of that in the system and run a custom cable line for the tb which is fine but I would be the first LS2 swapped Auto with a 6L80e that has been done....!

In my opinion Cable throttle body is the way to go.. But this is just my opinion.. So you will be fine..

There is a 350z on My350z that has a LS2 with a Auto so you should look at his build some.. But you will not regret the LS swap bro.

On a Side Note what company in Dallas is doing it?

Old 10-24-2011, 04:56 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Royal_T
In my opinion Cable throttle body is the way to go.. But this is just my opinion.. So you will be fine..

There is a 350z on My350z that has a LS2 with a Auto so you should look at his build some.. But you will not regret the LS swap bro.

On a Side Note what company in Dallas is doing it?
Okay cool. yeah I would be the first 6l80E with the 6 speed Auto Transmission and paddle shifters!!

company going to do the install.

http://www.bh-factory.com/

Old 10-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Straight with a box and feed into it from the bumper ducting. The biggest issue with "cold air" is that soon as you stop or slow down the heat soak is crazy for the intake.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
mmmm, Stone Self Righteous. Such a great black IPA.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Okay cool. yeah I would be the first 6l80E with the 6 speed Auto Transmission and paddle shifters!!

company going to do the install.

http://www.bh-factory.com/
Well nice bro, I can't wait to see your build.. You will love it.

Originally Posted by IvoryGT
Straight with a box and feed into it from the bumper ducting. The biggest issue with "cold air" is that soon as you stop or slow down the heat soak is crazy for the intake.
Yeah I am thinking about that for sure... We will see then

Originally Posted by Matzo Ball
mmmm, Stone Self Righteous. Such a great black IPA.

Yup such a good beer

Old 10-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts
So edafe you recommend if at all possible to stick with the Cable throttle body setup?? I have access to a 05 GTO complete pull out motor with tranny, ECU, wiring harness, pedal assembly..hate to say it but im going auto in it just f.y.i. using the 6L80E instead of the Manual tranny on the GTO. the only down fall is the drive by wire setup that I want to get away from....If not My company locally here in Dallas area that is doing the swap said they can turn off all of that in the system and run a custom cable line for the tb which is fine but I would be the first LS2 swapped Auto with a 6L80e that has been done....!
I did the throttle cable way as well. But if you have the pedal and the drive by wire throttle body then i say stick with it! We make harnesses for the drive by wire setup.

Edafe i would route the intake throughout the fender well. I have a 90 off of the throttle body to a 45 that puts the intake in the front fender well. Picked up 20hp just from re routing it into the fender well instead of the engine bay, IAT's dropped 40 degrees.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:35 AM
^^ wow really.. I think I will just route my like that then.. That was the original plan so I will just stick with that.. Thanks

Old 10-26-2011, 11:43 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
I am running into some problems with the automatic setup.....with the Auto Transmission I will need to get an auto ECU from a GTO that I can install and then will have to run some electronics to allow the shift points to be turned on and so forth...they said the price will def be alot higher since the Driveshaft will have to be modified and the linkage as well will need to be modified.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts
With HP tuners you can adjust the shift points and any other parameter for that matter. Most everything is tunable and programable on the stock ECU. Just buy the mounts and oil pan from sikky. Thats the only good thing in that kit anyways. The shifter is crap and so is are all of the lines and what not that come with the oil filter relocation, clutch lines ect. Hit up the drive shaft shop for your drive shaft they are pretty cheap.

Yea Edafe i was seeing 145 Degree temps just with my intake ran the old way that i had it just a 90 off of the throttle body to the mac and straight to where the stock filter would sit on a JWT. Put a 45 degree silicone hose on it and turned it right in front of the front tire and dropped the temps to right above 90 degrees which was normal air temp at the time of the dyno.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Man gets better and better

Old 10-26-2011, 11:52 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by Brew_haha
With HP tuners you can adjust the shift points and any other parameter for that matter. Most everything is tunable and programable on the stock ECU. Just buy the mounts and oil pan from sikky. Thats the only good thing in that kit anyways. The shifter is crap and so is are all of the lines and what not that come with the oil filter relocation, clutch lines ect. Hit up the drive shaft shop for your drive shaft they are pretty cheap.

Yea Edafe i was seeing 145 Degree temps just with my intake ran the old way that i had it just a 90 off of the throttle body to the mac and straight to where the stock filter would sit on a JWT. Put a 45 degree silicone hose on it and turned it right in front of the front tire and dropped the temps to right above 90 degrees which was normal air temp at the time of the dyno.
so you just recommend getting the motor mounts and the oil pan only from Sikky?? have a driveshaft built for my setup and then what about the headers?? pick up the Sikky headers?

Old 10-27-2011, 06:56 AM
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
Royal_T, this is an awesome build, I can't wait to see the finished product. But until then, where do you buy all that beer at? I consider myself somewhat of a "beer connoisseur" myself and I try a new 6 pack every weekend almost. Where in San Antonio are you getting that, I need to stop by there next time I'm in town. I was thinking you should start a "Beer Review" thread in the lounge forum. I would subscribe/contribute!

Old 10-28-2011, 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by Brew_haha

Wow... Well I am def going to go that route then.. Thanks for the input..

Originally Posted by ShanesG
Man gets better and better
so you just recommend getting the motor mounts and the oil pan only from Sikky?? have a driveshaft built for my setup and then what about the headers?? pick up the Sikky headers?
I have the headers from them, I saw go ahead and get those also.

Originally Posted by TheJanitor6203
Royal_T, this is an awesome build, I can't wait to see the finished product. But until then, where do you buy all that beer at? I consider myself somewhat of a "beer connoisseur" myself and I try a new 6 pack every weekend almost. Where in San Antonio are you getting that, I need to stop by there next time I'm in town. I was thinking you should start a "Beer Review" thread in the lounge forum. I would subscribe/contribute!

Thanks bro.. Well I usually get my beers form Spec's off of 1604 and I35.. They usually get good beers there.. Also I try different spots around town, even the HEBs have good beer sometimes. They had the DogFish Punkin Ale which shocked me.

Man I might start a beer review section, very good idea..

Old 10-28-2011, 04:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you like good strong IPA's, check out Pliny the Elder, Pliny the Younger and Firestone Double Jack. All 3 are extremely tasty imo

Old 10-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
Pliny the Elder/Younger are epic. Firestone has more malt that typical DIPA, but still good. Some of my favs below

Stone Ruination
Scuplin IPA
Southern Tier IPA
Sierra Nevada Torpedo
Bells Two Hearted Ale

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: LS1 Drift Build 'Nuff Said'