Key FOB Secrets

Old 07-20-2019, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Key FOB Secrets

I found/discovered one that is not described in my 2016 Q70 owners manual nor is it described below

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars...dden-features/

My wife and I use separate key fobs for my Q70
When she gets in alone to use the vehicle the time on the digital clock changes to one hour earlier and the XM radio station changes to her favorite station from the station that I left the radio tuned to.
When we both get into the vehicle with both key fobs on our person this does not occur.
A recent phone call to the tech person who describes all vehicle features to new car customers at the Infiniti dealer would only confirm that this issue is with the key fobs and has nothing to do with our IPhones.
BTW the wife likes the fact that her favorite station changes on the XM radio. The incorrect digital time change, not so much.

Telcoman

Old 07-20-2019, 11:53 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Sounds like one fob has a DST option enabled whereas the other one does not.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Sounds like one fob has a DST option enabled whereas the other one does not.
Ok I'll accept that because the vehicle was purchased in February during EST and last driven by her last December also EST.
But that still doesn't explain the changing of the radio stations nor is there anything on the fobs or in the owners manual on how to recognize the correct time or radio stations?

Old 07-20-2019, 06:45 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Page 4-23 for setting DST, you have to have the key you want programmed as the active one that started the vehicle.

To save the settings to that i-KEY follow the steps on page 3-32, it will save all settings related to climate/nav/audio so get everything exactly as she wants it and save it.

Seat memory position is handled separately for some reason, it's covered on page 3-31.

Pretty badass car you have btw.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Page 4-23 for setting DST, you have to have the key you want programmed as the active one that started the vehicle.

To save the settings to that i-KEY follow the steps on page 3-32, it will save all settings related to climate/nav/audio so get everything exactly as she wants it and save it.

Seat memory position is handled separately for some reason, it's covered on page 3-31.

Pretty badass car you have btw.
Thank you cleric670 as I missed that when looking in the user manual.

As far as having a badass vehicle the Q70 pales in comparison to a real badass vehicle that I test drove about a month ago.

Go for a test drive in a Tesla model S. I took it from 0 to 83 in less than 5 seconds in a parking lot. It also has auto pilot and drives itself. Absolutely an incredible vehicle

Telcoman

Old 07-21-2019, 12:40 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I'm really familliar with the Model S, my brother is on his second P100D and this one has the extra $10k ludicrous tax paid for.

I like the tech, the power is good, the magneride suspension is MANDATORY however because that is one big heavy car.

I prefer something a little more nimble but the S is definitely a very nice car, can't wait for the second generation ones to release though because the interior/exterior fit and finish is worse than my Ford Focus which is completely unacceptable for a vehicle with an MSRP of over $100k.

Old 07-21-2019, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

^^^^
My concern is being able to make multiple long distance trips from NJ to Florida a distance of 1230 miles without too much of an inconvenience. I've began noticing charging stations along I95 in some of the large malls. The model S currently allows free charging at Tesla charging stations whereas the cheaper model 3 adds a charging charge on your Tesla account. I would expect in the not too distant future the charging stations will be available at some of the larger hotel clusters along I95 and perhaps at Cracker Barrel locations where we usually stop for breakfast.
Perhaps the fit and finish problem is a result of the assembly line process and Tesla's pressure to turn out a maximum number of vehicles per day? Elon Musk should be allowing his assembly line workers to stop the line when they see defects and correct them on the spot.
I hope Tesla succeeds as I've witnessed many automobile failures during my lifetime. Packard, Studebaker, Edsel, Hudson, AMC Gremlin, Corvair, Vega, Pinto just to name a few.
I also test drove the cheaper $35k model 3 but prefer the larger more powerful Model S
Imagine no more oil changes, just filter changes and tire rotations.
I'm excited, still using regular 87 octane in my Q70 which runs fine on it and putting the savings towards my next dream car.

Telcoman

Old 07-21-2019, 05:25 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
There's still fluid changes, it still has differentials that get serviced, the glycol coolant system for the battery too, I THINK that's everything though and they were both 30k service interval which reminds me of the next item they need to improve.

AUTHORIZED TESLA SERVICE CENTERS!!! My brother lives in the Vancouver/Portland area and you have to schedule your service 2 months in advance, repairs can take up to 3 months to be seen for warranty work which is pretty shitty. Fortunately we're both very mechanically inclined so it's not as big of an issue but for some folks that can be a real deal breaker.

I'm waiting for the new Leaf to drop in price though. Need to replace my econoshitbox Focus before I have more Powershift transmission problems.