DIY: Airbag Reset Instructions for 03-07 G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 05 G35 and have tried the shorter method. It will go away for about a day or two and then return. Any thoughts?

Old 10-12-2012, 07:53 PM
What if the airbag light does not turn after waiting for it I complete the diagnostics ??

Old 10-21-2012, 01:20 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Ty!!

Originally Posted by SFLG35
this is a little easier
To reset the light simply turn the iginition to the on position, (you dont need to start it). All the lights should stay on for thier diagnostic check. As soon as the airbag light goes off, before it starts flashing, immeditatly turn the car off. Repeat this 3 or 4 times (turning to on then off) and the light should go away
AHHHH you saved me so so so much time.stress and money! this worked like a charm!!!! THANK YOU SO SO MUCHHHH

Old 10-22-2012, 03:14 PM
I reupholstered the seats in my 03 Coupe and the airbag light was blinking at me once I reinstalled them. I followed the 'easy' procedure of turning the light to 'on' and waiting a few seconds for the light to go out then turning the car off and repeating the process. Worked like a champ!! Thanks!

Old 10-22-2012, 10:43 PM
My light randomly came on, I panicked then had the brilliant idea of reading this thread and bingo!! it works like a charm, 03 g35 sedan!! thanks Guys!!

Old 10-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Banned
did this few weeks back, still no light! YEAAA BUDDY! thank you G35driver and all you helpful users!

Old 12-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Had the same problem on my 2005 G35 Coupe and this worked perfectly removing the air bag warning light alert. Hope the air bag will still work ok!

Thanks! Jim

Old 12-17-2012, 10:38 PM
I swear Infinity/Nissan is the Japenese Ford (Found On Road Dead). First the left window motor goes out, fixed that. Then trunk release motor stops working. Dealer doesn't sell the section of the harness to fix the problem and have to buy a $700 harness, so to open the trunk from the front seats I tied some paracord routed between the seats to the pull latch in the trunk, nice huh. I've checked the harness and see no visible signs of any wire breakage. Service light stays on due to up stream sensors that are, I dunno $600. Gotta get that at a junk yard, like I have all the time in the world to do that. Now my wife says the srs light is flashing. I google search it and here we are again at this forum. $1800, I think not. I had extended warranty and everything I brought to the stealership was supposedly fixed, you guessed it non of the issues have been fixed and continue to plague the car. I know services ploy is that anyone that purchased an extended warranty Jerry rigs, Mickey Mouses it to work temporarily hoping you'll be stupid enough to pay top dollar at their service department for ridiculous things. I'm convinced Nissan has engineered their different areas of their pos timed to fail. I'll be posting soon when the engine falls out. I understand wear and tear, but this is ridiculous. I've owned an Acura and never have gone through these type of random failures.

Maybe this started because I had AAA replace the battery a couple days ago. The reset procedure worked, now let's see how long before it's on again.

Last edited by sky35; 12-17-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks my light just came on and I did this it worked

Old 03-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Flashing airbag light for me too. Tried the ignition reset but the light kept coming back on. Counted the flashes and cross-checked with the service manual and saw it was related to the driver's side LH air bag module. I checked the wire running from the seat belt buckle to underneath the driver seat. I fiddled with the wire connector under the seat and instantly the airbag light went away, so it seems that there must have been a loose connection (no clue why). Check that out if your light is on too.

On a side note, my horn on my G35 sedan also didn't work at 90K miles and it turned out to be a bad clockspring in the steering wheel, which I had to buy used on Ebay for $120. Replaced that only to find out I also needed to have the steering angle sensor reset by Nissan/Infiniti ($150) or else the ABS brakes would get tripped off when you turn...oy!!! I've never had these kinds of issues before with any other car I've owned (Honda's, Audi's). Shame that Infiniti/Nissan has these issues!

Old 03-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Just wondering if there's actually a problem if the airbag light is blinking? As far as I know, airbags are similar to a contained explosion of some kind of gas, so I don't see how it would malfunction. But if the airbag has malfunctioned would that same light be on?

Old 04-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by SFLG35
this is a little easier
To reset the light simply turn the iginition to the on position, (you dont need to start it). All the lights should stay on for thier diagnostic check. As soon as the airbag light goes off, before it starts flashing, immeditatly turn the car off. Repeat this 3 or 4 times (turning to on then off) and the light should go away
Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Old 04-13-2013, 03:45 AM
Lightbulb SRS Problem repeats (diagnostics)

Recently I experience the same problem, but after resetting it comes back again in next day or two. I was looking into documentations, since OBD2 diagnostics does not provide any info related SRS.

Attached are extracted pages from repair manual -- on how to do SRS diagnostics with indicator lamp only. I'm gonna do mine in next two days, will post the results.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
_srs.pdf (210.5 KB, 842 views)
Old 04-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
If you have the recall done to your connector, undone the work.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Same problem here. Light turns off and comes back in during the same drive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: DIY: Airbag Reset Instructions for 03-07 G35 Coupe