DIY: Airbag Reset Instructions for 03-07 G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:51 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by g35man04
Like the title says...i recently had an issue after installing my double din kit in which my airbag light came on and wouldnt go off..So i found this on the net and its an Airbag Reset Instructions that worked the first time i tried!!!

How to reset AIRBAG SRS Light on 2003 - 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Ignition Key Method:

1) Turn IGNITION on (but don't start car)
2) After the AIR BAG warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn IGNITION off within 1 second.
3) Wait 4 seconds
4) Turn IGNITION on (but don't start car)
5) After the AIR BAG warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn IGNITION off within 1 second.
6) Wait 4 seconds
7) Turn IGNITION on (but don't start car)
8) After the AIR BAG warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn IGNITION off within 1 second.
9) Wait 4 seconds
10) Turn IGNITION on (but don't start car)
11) Wait 3 seconds
12) Turn IGNITION off
13) Wait 2 seconds
14) START Car (the light may be blinking slower than before)
15) Wait 3 seconds
16) Turn IGNITION off
17) Wait 3 seconds
18) START Car

thank you too for creating the thread...

Old 05-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im gonna try SFLG35's way seems easy enough the light is starting to tick me off lol thanks man

Old 05-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Flashing airbag light

The airbag light started flashing last week, and I took it to the dealer, who charged $120 to tell me that the airbag module needs to be replaced at a cost of $ 1600, because I have ran out of warranty (just over 6 years old, and less than 65000 miles). I followed the instructions laid out by SFLG35 and it worked like charm. It came back 3 more times, and worked for 3 more times. But after it came back for the 4th time, SFLG35's trick is not working anymore.

I called Infiniti to find out wjhat needs to be done, and they said that they cannot help me out because I have an out of warranty. The recall notice for airbag was to replace side-airbag tie-pins, which was performed on my vehicle in 2010 (I remember getting that done, because I have the receipts).

Really depressing

Old 05-18-2012, 09:19 PM
i tried this method and it worked but its only temporarily my light starts blinking again what shuold i do? should i call infinite because of the recall issue? would they fix it for me free of charge?

Old 05-22-2012, 07:16 PM
I just did this and got the light off, but I'm curious, is there something wrong that made the light go off that I should check out? It's all cool that I killed the light but if something is wrong I don't want to just ignore that lol

Old 06-02-2012, 10:42 AM
air bag light WON'T go off

had this happen a while back and the ignition on/off switch worked. This time though, it doesn't work. HELP!

(fyi, it blinks steadily then stays on for a few seconds, then goes off for a few seconds, then returns to blinking steadily again)

Old 06-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Thumbs up

Like the title says...i recently had an issue after installing my double din kit in which my airbag light came on and wouldnt go off..So i found this on the net and its an Airbag Reset Instructions that worked the first time i tried!!!

Ignition Key Method:

2) After the AIR BAG warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn IGNITION off within 1 second.
3) Wait 4 seconds
5) After the AIR BAG warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn IGNITION off within 1 second.
6) Wait 4 seconds
8) After the AIR BAG warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn IGNITION off within 1 second.
9) Wait 4 seconds
11) Wait 3 seconds
12) Turn IGNITION off
13) Wait 2 seconds
15) Wait 3 seconds
16) Turn IGNITION off
17) Wait 3 seconds
18) START Car
this worked perfect I just tried it and it worked the first time, thanks

Old 07-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Same issue here. 05 with 77k so out of warranty. Reset method worked but only for a few days. Light is back.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by jjdurrant
Same issue here. 05 with 77k so out of warranty. Reset method worked but only for a few days. Light is back.
Then something may actually be wrong with the airbag - you may wanna get that checked out!

Old 07-13-2012, 10:22 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by jsm11482
Then something may actually be wrong with the airbag - you may wanna get that checked out!
Find out what the code is. Than cancel it out. Understand that if theres a problem the light will come back on til you fix it.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by inf
The fix works for me too, but the blinking comes back sometimes and I have to re-do the reset.

So IS there a recall on this air bag issue? or do you have to be under warranty to be eligible for the fix?
b/c I am now out of warranty...
DO you realize your not fixing anything? You must get the code and fix the problem based on the code. The light will come on again and again until you read the code

heres a great link.

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...or-bypass.html

Old 07-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by srini

I have this problem for a month now. I took my car to Beshoff Infiniti in San Jose last week. I was charged 155$ to diagnose the problem. The only explanation I get after spending 155$ is that I should replace one of my air bags. They have no clue as to what is wrong and what caused the failure. They told me it would take 600$ more (300$ for part + 300$ for labor) to fix it. Service Manager told me he was not sure if the problem will be fixed after replacing the airbag system. I called Infiniti customer care straightaway and told them how is it that one fine day my airbag stops working given that it was never deployed. They immediately got in touch with dealer and gathered all the information. They opened a case and asked me to wait for 2-3 days.

I got a call yesterday saying that Infiniti cannot help me this time and it was not covered under warranty. I made my point very clear. Everything on the car is factory. I never touched anything. One fine day a light blinks and you ask me to pay 750$ to fix it without knowing who and what caused it. If I understand it correctly an airbag should last as long as the car lasts unless deployed. An electrical problem shouldn't cost me 750$ to fix it. I told them I am not satisfied with the response and I want to escalate the case.

I read this thread today and I cannot believe a simple routine can fix the problem. I ll try the routine today and check if the light stops blinking. I have lot of unanswered questions here

a) If the light stops blinking, why is it that the dealer didn't do this routine ?

b) If the light stops blinking, is it safe to assume that air bags are functional ?
they may say it lasts "the life of the car" but I belive dealerships only believe cars to last a certain mileage. so even though I'm creeping up on 200k miles, Infiniti may only have believed my car to last 175k miles so anything past that they cannot guarantee. wish I had exact numbers for ya but unfortunately I dont :\

Old 07-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Exclusive
The service manager said the airbag is covered under warranty, AND THERE IS AN OPEN RECALL ON THE AIR BAG RELAY. I'll come back and edit my post this evening when i get the car back.
soooo where is this relay!? I'll change a relay out myself... its as simple as changing out a fuse -_-

The following users liked this post:
BeckB (03-06-2020)
Old 07-16-2012, 01:52 PM

Ignition Key Method:

3) Wait 4 seconds
6) Wait 4 seconds
9) Wait 4 seconds
11) Wait 3 seconds
12) Turn IGNITION off
13) Wait 2 seconds
15) Wait 3 seconds
16) Turn IGNITION off
17) Wait 3 seconds
18) START Car
What does it mean when the airbag light is blinking slower than before in Step 14?
Because this is whats happening with mine...

Old 08-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Thank you so much it was driving me crazy cuz it kept flashing all the time and the dealer wanted 350 to fix it and they didnt want to tell me whats wrong with it just kept saying oooo its internal........ again thanks .................................................. ............................
Originally Posted by SFLG35
this is a little easier
To reset the light simply turn the iginition to the on position, (you dont need to start it). All the lights should stay on for thier diagnostic check. As soon as the airbag light goes off, before it starts flashing, immeditatly turn the car off. Repeat this 3 or 4 times (turning to on then off) and the light should go away

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: DIY: Airbag Reset Instructions for 03-07 G35 Coupe