Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Review: Mine's Racing Shift Harness for 5AT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review: Mine's Racing Shift Harness for 5AT

I hadn't heard of this before I saw it on Bulletproof Automotive: http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=5898

After I'd bought it, I saw Gordgee's DIY: https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction-diy/122292-5at-shifter-direction-mod.html

The idea is to reverse shifting direction of our manual mode so you upshift by pulling back and downshift by pushing forward....something that is much more intuitive. It felt a little awkward to be pushed back into the seat and have to push forward to upshift. Small thing maybe, but I was up for trying something new for $50. It came in about a week, and the instructions are in english but might be hard to follow.

Both the Mine's harness and the DIY reverse pins 7 and 8 as described in the DIY, but with the harness you don't have to mess with the OEM connectors. I thought that would a small thing until I removed the center console (per service manual IP-12) and saw how little room there was to work in. The harness plugs right into connector M47 (see DIY). The second time I tried it, it was installed in five minutes. The first time, we discovered the Mine's harness was miswired, causing a blown fuse to the brake lights (which also locked the tranny in P) .

After some road tests, I think this is a very subtle mod but one I'd look into if you track the car or use manual mode a lot. Upshifting and downshifting are definitely more natural. The only complaint I'd have besides the harness coming miswired is that now the button on the shift **** is in the way (you pull into it when you upshift)...but I'm sure that can be alleviated with a Momo **** .

Old 04-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Hey whats up. I am interested in getting this mod. How can I be sure it is correctly wired before installing. Is there a quick check. Thanks for any info.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:47 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
You might not get an answer, this is a 2 year old thread.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
You might not get an answer, this is a 2 year old thread.
indeed but this is how you know he actually used search, if he made a new thread he would probaly bombarded with "use the search" answers. :O

Old 11-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Installed this weekend in under 10 minutes total. I checked the wires and they were done properly. I also liked the "Up" and "Down" peel-n-stick indicators (in the same style as the bubble PRND bubbles) that I placed over the incorrect "+" and "-" indicators.

Worked like a charm: It is a much more natural shifting action to pull to shift up and push to shift down. Love it!

Added bonus? I now have an easy to access 'extension' harness to tie in to my homemade paddle shifter kit so I don't have to mess with the wires on the M47 connector in such a cramped space. Stay tuned...

Old 02-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i know this is an old thread, but does anyone know where i can get this from?
The site above errors out at checkout and 12rpm.com i can't get it touch with ....

thanks!
nick