Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Jim Wolf Clutch/Flywheel!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OG35Driver
I have the Nismo clutch and Pressure plate with the JWT Flywheel and I have the cement mixer sound at idle too. Those of you experiencing the loud chatter just below 2500 rpm, it is normal and this is what I was told by my tech @ Performance Nissan. The aftermarket flywheels do not have a "mass dampener", this component of the stock flywheel keeps it in place or keeps it steady. Also the JWT is almost half the weight of a stock flywheel, so it will make that loud chatter until it reaches a higher rpm. I love the performance of this setup, but sometimes the chatter does get a little annoying. Oh, well that is the price we pay for performance I guess. Hope this helped...
The chatter you're experiencing at low RPMs is indeed normal, no need to worry.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dam i am pissed i was aboutto order this clutch/flywheel combo kit, but i also cant do with that cement mixer sound, thats a no no for me... UGH

Old 04-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blackg3507
dam i am pissed i was aboutto order this clutch/flywheel combo kit, but i also cant do with that cement mixer sound, thats a no no for me... UGH
Everyone has different opinions about it. What may sound like a cement mixer to one person may not sound like it to another. My advice is to find someone with this setup and go listen to it first hand.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I got used to the cement mixer.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:19 PM
i just turn the stereo up. bam i cant hear it. only part that sucks is when you pick someone up and they hear it. they always give you that funny look and ask whats wrong. when you explain and the are like "yes ok" with that bs face.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Would anyone be able to hear a rattling sound over 3k? I've been hearing it lately while driving with windows up, most noticable in 5th gear. I've already been to the dealer once with them saying everything is normal.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:43 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
The stainless steel clutch line is almost a must for an FI'd vehicle because of the heat generated. So yes, the heat resistance factor is probably the main reason to get the ss clutch line. Plus it is simply much more durable than the stock one too.
ive been told that theres not enough pressure for a stainless line to do anything. Theres no enough pressure to make that line balloon out. Sounds like blinker fluid...

Old 04-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Angry

Sounds like that dealer doesn't want to be bothered. You should not hear any noise over 3k rpms. I ONLY hear it below 2.5k rpms, usually at idle only. You can relate it to most mods. At idle most sound like the car is running like crap, but once you throttle up, it should sound and feel solid. Keep on the dealer until they get it right!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by OG35Driver
Sounds like that dealer doesn't want to be bothered. You should not hear any noise over 3k rpms. I ONLY hear it below 2.5k rpms, usually at idle only. You can relate it to most mods. At idle most sound like the car is running like crap, but once you throttle up, it should sound and feel solid. Keep on the dealer until they get it right!!!

I'll be trying another dealer in the next week. Hopefully they can do something about it. The noise doesn't seem like the normal sound under 2.5k rpm as you mentioned. It' more like a clack sound that is slower but seems like it goes faster depending on how much I push the pedal.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:33 PM
wellll well time for a new clutch..

Alright so Ive got just about 95000km on my car and i can hardly chirp the second gear with my clutch, its been really slippy ever since i bought it.. Now I have a few questions.. Once you are in there what parts should be replace?? That 8$ fork pin, clutch line? is it necessary to do slave cylinder? then obviously i would do clutch and flywheel.. Im still undecided between ACT, JWT or Z1 motor sport clutch.. I will definitely go FI in the next year or 2 so if i change the clutch ill do it once what do you guys suggest?? Id probably go with the powerlab 400hp single turbo setup.. i want something really grippy but not something like drag racing style.. So yeah i read on the jwt, act and z1 and i think all of them can handle over 500hp.. but wich one of these would be YOUR choice for FI?

Old 05-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Received 40 Likes on 4 Posts
JWT is good for up to roughly 400whp. I prefer RPS over the JWT.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by chobble19
man whatta fvcking horrible day im having! besides that i got some more shytty a$$ news regarding my jim wolf clutch and flywheel. i have been nothing but happy with my jwt setup until last sunday....i started to notice my pedal feeling a little crunchy and out of no where i pretty much lost all pressure on my pedal. i could barely shift into or out of gear because of this. i was stuck on the sie of a road in pooring rain so i decided to try and make it to my house not too far away. i made it to my neigborhood a few min later and noticed my clutch pedal fluid was about empty! went to the store and filled it with a little synthetic fluid and it immediately leaked out from underneath. i had the g towed to my dealer iocc (where i had the kit installed by Bill) and he found out the slave cylinder had cracked. after replacing that under warranty (my 3rd one by the way) Bill realized there was a problem with the clutch. He lifted the car and looked through the peep hole under the tranny to see this:

i'd like to point out that as i was in the garage trying to get things sorted out my friggin service guy has the nerve to come ask me for the keys to my loaner! WTF i almost flipped! anyway as u can see in the photo the throw out bearing somehow "failed" and is stuck against the pressure plate causing it to mess up my clutch. i spoke with jim wolf and he's never heard of this happening b4 Bill assured me the bearing was installed correctly and said jim wolf should cover this since they include this bearing with their kit. he also said the bearing used is a koyo bearing made for nissan but is different than the actual OEM koyo bearing the stock setup uses. To make a longer story shorter i need a new pressure plate, clutch, and throw out. What i dont get is how my clutch could be bad from this? B4 it happened it was driving perfectly and i smelt no burning clutch during this process at all. Maybe the pressure plate fins damaged it i dont know as of yet. i am waiting to call jim wolf again today in cali to see what he can do for me considering they dont cover their parts under warranty for long =/ i thought that having this all installed at my dealer would have prevented this from happening but apparently not!

If anyone has any info pertaining to this i would appreciate it.
Hey, I appreciate the feedback you posted. I was wondering if you ever found out the real cause of this disaster.

Did JWT do anything? I wonder if it was with the installer.

What setup did you end up installing?

Thanks

Old 10-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
never pin pointed the exact cause. I believe the slave cylinder failing (cracking) contributed to the crushed throw out. I am starting to get get the crunchy feel again once in a while. I think its just that the slave cylinders cant handle the pressure and start to weaken. Like i mentioned earlier dealer replaced my slave 3 times already! Twice before i had upgraded the clutch/flywheel. If i decide to keep my G i am going to replace the slave again...

Old 12-04-2008, 08:25 PM
just ordered mine today cant wait to see how it feels

Old 08-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chobble19
sure thing! just to let ya know i got the setup for $725 shipped on my350
If you go to conceptzperformance.com you get the JWT Flywheel, pressure plate, clutch disc, ss clutch line, chromoly pivot ball, nismo pilot bushing, and 4 quarts redline MT oil, all for under $850.00 shipped, and I am in VA, and they are in Arizona.