Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Gordgee's GroundingGear®

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble with website as well...

Couldn't access the Grounding Gear website either. Are you still asking to have a check sent to you via the mail or are you taking credit cards through your site? Have shipping times improved at all. Please update as I read the first 3 pages of this thread and the last 3 pages. Thanks!

Old 06-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks guys. A cross-communication with the Hosting company!

I just found out the website's down. I was told that it would be up until the end of June, but it looks like it was at the the beginning!

I found a new host that'll hopefully be more reliable. I'm doing a few updates and hope to be up and running by the weekend.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:29 PM
100% recommended!

I had my dealership install my 10 wire Grounding kit. I was actually mocked by the service technicians and mechanics about purchasing the kit. That it wouldn't make a difference and I had wasted my money. I didn't hear the end of it. 1 hour later, install was finished. Pulling out of the parking lot, I could already feel the difference. Car felt really sluggish after I put on my 20's, but now its come alive and the G is fun to drive once again. 10 out of 10 from me. Very highly recommended. This is how the vehicle should be factory!

Great job and i'm pleased to see these are made by a fellow canuck!

Old 06-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Jebsleo
I had my dealership install my 10 wire Grounding kit. I was actually mocked by the service technicians and mechanics about purchasing the kit. That it wouldn't make a difference and I had wasted my money. I didn't hear the end of it. 1 hour later, install was finished. Pulling out of the parking lot, I could already feel the difference. Car felt really sluggish after I put on my 20's, but now its come alive and the G is fun to drive once again. 10 out of 10 from me. Very highly recommended. This is how the vehicle should be factory!

Great job and i'm pleased to see these are made by a fellow canuck!
Just have them contact Ericksen Infiniti here in Edmonton. They've done many installations, and several of the staff even have it in their personal cars!

Did they get the chance to drive your car afterwards?

Old 06-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Gordgee
Just have them contact Ericksen Infiniti here in Edmonton. They've done many installations, and several of the staff even have it in their personal cars!

Did they get the chance to drive your car afterwards?
No, they didn't drive it. But hands down. Probably my favourite mod for the G.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Jebsleo
No, they didn't drive it. But hands down. Probably my favourite mod for the G.
Well, next time you go back, make sure you let them know that until they try something they're skeptical about, they shouldn't mock it. It puts doubt on their competency and opinions on things they do know about. And even if they've had previous experience with a similar product, not everything is created equal.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Just an update.

I had my '07 in for a quick service and took the loaner out for a day.

It's here that I definitely notice the difference with GroundingGear! As I earlier stated, I was very surprised that I felt as much improvement as I did when I first had it installed. When I took the loaner out, the changes were immediately apparent. The car had a leaden feel to it in comparison with mine. Throttle reponse was lacking, as was shift quality. The big change was with the smoothness at high RPM! Stock, the engine has a very coarse, unrefined feel, and the harshness is noticeable, especially in comparison with the way BMW engines feel. I asked to take out the test-drive car just to see if it was simply the loaner- it wasn't. Going from the GroundingGear Equipped car to stock is like day and night in this regard! I previously thought it was worth the price of admission for this alone, but in combination with the other effects, this mod has best bang-for-the-buck written all over it! I even had the tech at the dealership take it for a drive, and he's looking into it for his own car! I was so glad to get back into my own car that I smiled again the first time I gunned it on the way home.

So for the 2007 G35, I'd say this is a must have!

(Sorry about the slight rant on my previous post)

Old 06-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by twro35
Just an update.

I had my '07 in for a quick service and took the loaner out for a day.

So for the 2007 G35, I'd say this is a must have!
Thanks for the update Robert.

BTW, I finally have my website back up and running with a few updates. I provided a link to a pdf of a compilation of the feedback I've received, as well as some that I know is specific to the G35/350Z equipped with 6MT.

Also, just to let you all know that I'll be on vacation for the first 3 weeks of July, so contact for questions, tech support, etc. may be delayed if requested.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gordgee
Thanks for the update Robert.

BTW, I finally have my website back up and running with a few updates. I provided a link to a pdf of a compilation of the feedback I've received, as well as some that I know is specific to the G35/350Z equipped with 6MT.

Also, just to let you all know that I'll be on vacation for the first 3 weeks of July, so contact for questions, tech support, etc. may be delayed if requested.
I like the downloadable pdfs. Makes it easy to load to my PDA to read later! Wow, lots of feedback! And the separate section from 6MT drivers makes it easy to see what the GG does for the MT crowd.

Anyway, have a great vacation!

Old 06-25-2007, 01:52 AM
Just receieved a 6 m/t grounding kit in blue from Gord. Very quick delivery time. Once again, a great product--and very clear instructions. I already have grounding gear on my G, but it's in red, and due to some cosmetic additions in my engine bay (including some anodized blue pi-thon clamps) , I wanted to get a set in blue.

I wouldn't dream of purchasing any other grounding kit on the market. Bottom line, Gord's kit is the best out there and beats down all other imitations and competitors like how Ricky Hatton beat down Castillo this past Saturday

For all those who are thinking of getting a grounding kit, get Gord's. It's so good I bought 2! I have a 6 m/t and grounding gear has kept idle and driving more smooth w/ the mods I have. I believe it's a must for A/t's from what I've heard and a good addition to the 6 m/t's as well.

Thanks Gord!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:49 PM
just installed mine yesterday

so far this has fixed my idle problem. sometimes my car would have a pretty unsteady idle, and sometimes would almost stall itself (i already tried cleaning my intake and MAF sensor). other than that i havent noticed anything outside of what a normal ecu reset would do. i have yet to install the last ecu grounding wire.

overall i am pretty pleased with the kit. it looks high quality and dresses up the engine bay nicely. plus i was itching to get my hands dirty

Old 07-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Alan
just installed mine yesterday

so far this has fixed my idle problem. sometimes my car would have a pretty unsteady idle, and sometimes would almost stall itself (i already tried cleaning my intake and MAF sensor). other than that i havent noticed anything outside of what a normal ecu reset would do. i have yet to install the last ecu grounding wire.

overall i am pretty pleased with the kit. it looks high quality and dresses up the engine bay nicely. plus i was itching to get my hands dirty
I usually recommend that users do an ECU reset and hard drive first, prior to doing the installation to get a baseline impression. Then do another reset after installation with a hard drive.

I believe you will notice further effects as you drive, especially on roads and conditions that you are familiar with. Let me know.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Gord I haven't looked at you product line recently (although I'm very familiar with you products)... do you have a true smoked color in the grounding kits?... Not the root beer but more of a grey?

Old 08-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Gord's GroundingGear!

Well I installed the 8 wire kit Hyper-Ground kit on my 6MT G not expecting much and I am absolutely stunned....Never in a million years did I think I would notice but the car feels lighter, more responsive if you will, revs a lot more freely now, seems to like revving now where before it didn't seem to like it much at all. My dash lights are blinding me! These were my observations in 10 mins of driving or so.

I did a gas pedal ECU reset before the mod, went for a 10 min run with some WOT time. Came back, installed the kit, reset the ECU again after I was finished and went for a rip again and like I said I can't believe the improvement!

Highly recommended guys. Well worth the money spent in my books.

Looks great too~!

Name:  100_0538.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  136.1 KB

Name:  100_0533.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  130.6 KB

- Ron
2006 OB 6MT Coupe
Who woulda thunk wires would do squat.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Gord. Anything for a VW TDi? My secretary just got one. Any feedback on how it works if you've done them before?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Gordgee's GroundingGear®