Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Gordgee's GroundingGear®

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had the 8 wire 6MT Performance Kit on for about 1.5 weeks and yesterday the beast awoke. I had to drive to Belleville (2 hours) and I guess the ECM must have adjusted and all of a sudden the G sounds like a 350Z. Highway speed is really a treat, cruising at 140 hph and dropping it to 5th to pass, you are up at 180 in a hurry and because the engine is so smooth you don't even know it.

The car has been running really smoothly since the install but now the whole package seems to have come together.

Thanks again Gord

Old 06-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G-Force
I have had the 8 wire 6MT Performance Kit on for about 1.5 weeks and yesterday the beast awoke.
Thanks for your feedback. The funny thing is that it's only with the G35 that I sell so many Systems for the automatic transmissions! Most other vehicles, including the 350z, have been equipped with manual transmissions! It was with further R&D that I found that it benefits the AT, so with the extra developed wires, it's the combined standard benefits as well as the AT shifting that ppl are noticing! Wtih the G35 crowd, it's become known as a must-have with the 5AT. Previous to this year, I'd say it's been almost an even split between the AT and MT G35s.

I do Custom Systems for a number of makes and models of vehicles, and one dealership even sells the MazdaSpeed Miata (all are manuals) GroundingGear® Equipped in the showroom, as it makes a significant difference!

The basic benefits for virtually all cars has been in terms of increased smoothness at idle and at high rpm (the VQ tends to get 'buzzy' at the top end), improved throttle response, and as reported by the G35s and Zs, a feeling that the car pulls stronger in the first 3 gears for 6MT equipped cars. Some feel it's quite significant. Most report that it definitely makes more difference than other mods like CAIs, and the VW guys say it makes about much difference in their cars as with a $600 chip tune.

Like any mod, some will feel more difference than others, but overwhelmingly, the feedback has been positive- more consistently than with any other mod in my experience.

Old 06-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gordgee
I may have to take some action if my lawyers, whom I will be contacting on Monday suggest.

The additional wires, up to 10, were developed over the course of a full year through consultation with Infiniti techs and my electrical engineers at considerable cost, with feedback from the R&D team.
Good for you, Gord! I'm proud of you.

Having tried several of the commercial kits before yours, I'm glad you're considering protecting your R&D which I, and I know many others here are appreciative of. If Stillen, Sun Auto, and HKS can't be as effective as your GroundingGear with their resources, obviously you're doing something right, and I'd hate to see a bunch of guys just trying to make money, rip-off your work!

Stuff like this is just unethical, and what prevents other companies from investing in R&D in the first place. Look at drug companies, and the millions that they spend on developing new medications! Though sometimes, they try too hard to market their drugs, and sometimes because of their protected pricing structure, make more than we think they should, they protect themselves against the generics cashing in on their work. Businesses such as yours have every right to do the same, and it maybe even more important to do so.

Old 06-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Administrator
Good thing psychotherapy pays my bills. But because of the nature of the auto accessories business, even though I have GroundingGear® Systems all over the world, this side-business that the GM of the Infiniti Dealership talked me into is barely making a profit as I have to compete with Grounding kits sold on E-Bay for as little as $30 US (my damn materials cost more than that, and when labour and other costs are factored, about 3 times that! ). The US Trademark application is costing me several $ thousand alone!

The irony is that without the work that GroundingGear Ltd has done over the past 2 years, many enthusiasts would not even have considered H-G kits! Now everyone is trying to cash in on this!

With poorly manufacturered kits (even kits from the big names), some feedback from users of Hyper-Ground kits has been less than positive. If a bunch of knock-off makers are going to copy the work that I do with the potential that ppl say "It's all snake-oil, my _____ kit did ____-all!", it impacts the validity of the work that I do.

GroundingGear® Systems are considered valid and very effective mods, and are sold by authorized dealerships. One local Performance Dealer that has been selling HKS, and Sun Auto, and another widely distributed make, now considers GroundingGear® Systems to be superior, and has started carrying them.

Many companies consider their Intellectual Property as one of their most valued assets. There are 'colas' and there is Coke®!

Because many consider that "wires are wires", and say "I can do that!", the H-G market is a very competitive one. But ask the guys that have switched over to GroundingGear® Systems what the differences are, and you'll be surprised! My Systems are all developed using more current theory than any other, which may be why some state that they are more effective.

It's why my crimper is designed to put up to 4000 PSI on the lugs, and I only use a certain quality of lug not widely available, and spec only a certain wire (I'm the only one in Canada that imports from this company directly, and does not go through it's exclusive distributor!) I'm also told that unlike even the major manufacturers of H-G kits, I do more R&D than anyone else in the world, and offer more Custom Applications for different vehicles than anyone else.

I thank all of my R&D staff and members here for their help.

Old 06-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Administrator
I had a few requests lately re GroundingGear™ Systems' effects, specifically on the 6MT. Unfortunately, I didn't separate the feedback with the 5AT and the 6MT from 2003/04.

Here are a few responses from those that I know have the 6MT, most from this year. Hope this helps.

“I installed my 8 wire system for my 2005 6MT last week. I did the first 7 wires last Monday, then did the 8th ECU wire on Saturday. The effect of the first 7 wires is noticeable, but the 8th wire is very noticeable. Smoother pull at WOT (I have bounced off the limiter a couple of times, it seems to cut off around 7200 RPM), lower idle and generally smoother, even when engaging the clutch after upshifting - the "lurch" is mostly gone.” D.P. Delta, BC

“I just want to tell you what a great set of wires you have supplied me with. The car is more responsive and smoother. The engine compartment looks great, really dresses the engine up.” A.M. Jersey City, NJ

“Well I was a skeptic too. But I thought, all I was doing was grounding the car. Could tell the difference 1st time I lit the engine up. This has to be the most bang for the buck. Pulls much harder down low 2nd & 3rd gear & smooooooooooothed the engine out. Drove to work today in the rain & it wasn't cranky at-all, just thought it was me that was sifting poorly, in the past, but it was the weather. my tach now says I am idling at 650 rpms, down from 800-900. Happy-happy ” W.M. Harleysville PA

“(After the basic install on the 6MT) I find now that it does accelerate a *bit* smoother and somewhat quicker. But more importantly, before, when I ever revved or needed to push the car a bit and I was switching gears at high rpms, the car seemed to roar really loudly and unpleasantly. It seemed to really dislike it. NOW, I find that it doesn't seem to mind when I hit the clutch at 5000rpm, it’s not yelling, just roaring the way I like it… I took my car into the dealership for its 12K service and told one of the mechanics that I had put it on. They were pretty blown away by seeing it. I went back in a week later for a 'rattle' and the same mechanic brought my car out to me. He said for sure he could tell the difference in the clutch (of all places!) and said it was the smoothest he'd driven ever! He said he could really tell - and I'm guessing he drives a fair bit of these G35 coupe 6MTs around!... As a Day 2 update on the ECU (now that it’s installed). I have to admit that I'm really enjoying the difference. Its really has a lot of get-up-and-go now. Before I liked being in 3rd and speeding up around 3500 to 4000 rpm. It had a great kick and good sound. NOW, I find all the gears are rocking and not even that high in the rpm scale. 1st and 2nd really respond now and though I'm not a big 5th gear rider, I really find some oomph when I need it on the highway.” A.L. Toronto, ON

From the GM of an Infiniti/Nissan Dealership who has the basic 6 wire system for his 350Z. Added were the newly developed additional 2 wires for the “350Z 6MT Performance Series” System (8-Wires): "It makes a noticeable improvement now, especially in 1st and 2nd gear! Pulls harder and it's more responsive. No longer weather dependent. (For my car) it’s added a lot of performance over even the basic set." R.S. Edmonton, AB

“Ok, so I just received the full 8-wire system today and installed it on my '05 6MT. I noticed that throttle response was much better, the rpms also seem to drop faster as well when the clutch is in and I'm off the throttle. Also, when I was WOT in first gear exiting a corner, VDC kicked in and it felt completely different. Instead of a jolt when VDC tries to sort you out, it wasn’t sudden at all - almost as if it were just helping you along instead of smacking you in the face.” S.L. Richmond Hill, ON

“I have had the 8 wire 6MT Performance Kit on for about 1.5 weeks and yesterday the beast awoke. I had to drive to Belleville (2 hours) and I guess the ECM must have adjusted and all of a sudden the G sounds like a 350Z. Highway speed is really a treat, cruising at 140 hph and dropping it to 5th to pass, you are up at 180 in a hurry and because the engine is so smooth you don't even know it. The car has been running really smoothly since the install but now the whole package seems to have come together.” P.B. Mississauga, ON

Old 06-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
Can someone explain to me what the HEPA filter is? I'm a little HEPA-challenged.

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 06-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Jp1
hepa

It's an "in cabin" air filter that's located behind your glove box. Gord can supply you a replacement if you need one. Or you can spend extra $$ for the dealership to change out for you. If you buy the GG kit with an ecu/tcu wire you're going to be behind the glove box anyway, so you might as well change out the hepa filter while you're there.

Old 06-21-2005, 12:09 PM
TCU wire

On the 2004.5, does the TCU wire go to the groundpoint which has the metal bolt, but the black plastic bracket?
this is the point where you can see the groundwire fully?
the picture on the instructions shows this location but you cannot see the groundwire attched as in the rest of the pictures.
Does this mean that the TCU wire should be behind this point and not visible from the passenger seat side?

Everything else was straightforward but this is a little confusing, Any help appreciated.

Full review to follow, thanks again Gord

Old 06-21-2005, 02:55 PM
D87
GordGee, can you email or PM me about a set? I can't PM yet. Thanks!

Old 06-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by D87
GordGee, can you email or PM me about a set? I can't PM yet. Thanks!
D87, post two more times and you will be able to PM.

Old 06-21-2005, 06:51 PM
D87
Originally Posted by FLFIRE
D87, post two more times and you will be able to PM.
Cool, thanks! That's once!

Old 06-21-2005, 06:51 PM
D87
Originally Posted by D87
Cool, thanks! That's once!
Twice!

Old 06-21-2005, 06:52 PM
D87
Originally Posted by D87
Twice!
And hopefully this is it!

Old 06-21-2005, 06:53 PM
D87
Originally Posted by D87
And hopefully this is it!
Dang, still didn't work. Hopefully the seventh message will do it...

Old 06-21-2005, 07:36 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by D87
Dang, still didn't work. Hopefully the seventh message will do it...
You may have to wait a short time for the system to activate.
C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Gordgee's GroundingGear®