SFL G CLUB South Florida G35's + G37's

Probs with newly installed turbo, need local help PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2009 | 07:06 PM
|
Exclamation Probs with newly installed turbo, need local help PLEASE!

I recently got my turbonetics installed at TD Autowerkes in south miami. the installation seemed to be fine and so did the tuning. the car dynoed at 390whp at 8.5psi. a few days later i see some funky things going on.

on a cold start the air/fuel is in the high 11's low 12's. the more the car runs the higher these numbers climb, on idle. after it hits the 16.5-17 range the car starts to lose power tremendously. when i apply throttle the turbo spools on the gauge but the power is greatly decreased. today it was idling and just died with the air fuel at around 20 on idle. at one time i floored the car while going about 30mph and nothing happened for a good 5 seconds and then launched. totally clueless. all help appreciated.

the only thing on is the ses light

whats installed:
turbonetics single turbo kit - i have a 2005 coupe - 5at - 40k miles - under 200 boosted.
hks dli
hks exhaust
spacer
greddy profec b boost controller
haltech
innovate wideband lc1
deacthwerkes 600cc injectors

any help would greatly be appreciated. if anyone wants to see the car i am located in aventura/sunny isles/nmb. or if anyone can recommend a close nearby mechanic cuz i am totally pissed off at td and would rather pay more to someone else than have my car sitting at td.

please dont hesitate to call or txt me at 786-537-3566

-Jason

Last edited by JasonE; 10-14-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-14-2009 | 07:29 PM
billet design in pompano is a real good shop. sucks to hear your set up is working out

Old 10-14-2009 | 08:58 PM
Is that marcelos shop(Autowerke)? let me know Mike

Old 10-14-2009 | 09:15 PM
|
na. owners name is damian.
Td Autowerkes LLC is located at 12154 SW 114th Pl Miami, FL 33176

Old 10-15-2009 | 12:20 AM
fgc moderator
have you talked to the shop that did they install? they should look at it for free. i know you may not want to take it back but its their responsibility to get it working. at least id give them 1 chance.

and w00t for some aventura love.

Old 10-15-2009 | 02:24 AM
Sucks to hear that bro, hope you get it all straightened out.

Old 10-15-2009 | 08:21 AM
The goblin resurrection
Premier Member
Ok a few things....

I did not see on your mods list. Do you have a valve body? If so who installed it and did you ever have a delay in shifts before? Are you boosting in Drive or in manual mode? Do you have ground wires?

I would also ditch the profec b and use the haltech to control boost...

Do you know if they calibrated the Inovative guage correctly? If they did not read the instructions and tried to install it with out calibrating it, it will read all over the place.

Do you have them install 1 step colder plugs?

Last thing what code is being thrown that is causing the ses?

Old 10-15-2009 | 10:49 AM
Hey JasonE, just outta curiousity how much was the turbo n install? Im looking to go turbo n ur set-up seemed pretty conservative... Im under factory warranty but I don't think i can wait til it expires. So tempted to go boost like.. yesterday.

Old 10-15-2009 | 11:10 AM
The goblin resurrection
Premier Member
Mike you know I got you covered homie... buy the powerlab gt35r and I will install it.

Old 10-15-2009 | 11:28 AM
That's what's up D! Thanks for all ur help bro. Lemme do some research to see how much this is gonna cost. ill hit u up later bout that.

Old 10-15-2009 | 02:52 PM
sux to hear bout your problems

Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
Ok a few things....

I did not see on your mods list. Do you have a valve body? If so who installed it and did you ever have a delay in shifts before? Are you boosting in Drive or in manual mode? Do you have ground wires?

Do you know if they calibrated the Inovative guage correctly? If they did not read the instructions and tried to install it with out calibrating it, it will read all over the place.

def check those thing danny mentioned

Old 10-15-2009 | 02:54 PM
|
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
Ok a few things....

-No valve body upgrade yet. i was boosting in manual and drive, full boost mostly on manual. idk about the ground wires.

I will tell them to do that on monday.

They did not calibrate it at all. I will do that next week.

No idea

Before the car got tuned, i would drive and it would randomly lock up the gas pedal, and i would have to restart the car and the vdc and slip lights would be on. after they did a reset to the computer that problem went away and then the service engine soon light came on there was like 12 codes being thrown so i will have it checked again on monday.

Originally Posted by elperuano
Hey JasonE, just outta curiousity how much was the turbo n install? Im looking to go turbo n ur set-up seemed pretty conservative... Im under factory warranty but I don't think i can wait til it expires. So tempted to go boost like.. yesterday.
i bought the kit used from escobar on this forum ~3k. the turbo install was 1k. i got ripped off for tuning, 750$ + he added like 400 for "dyno time" - sob.

Today i checked the coolant and it was empty. so i filled it up and drove around again. it lasted longer but still the air/fuelwas climbing and after it hit 18 the car started to lose power.

Thanks so much for your help guys.

Old 10-15-2009 | 03:41 PM
The goblin resurrection
Premier Member
Ok stop boosting before you cause damage...

With that much power you might have already done damage to the valve body. That is why it is getting slower shifting. You should not boost in D it should be in manual mode.

I also know that with the haltech you can get dual widebands, which I would talk to Hal at Injected performance about.

Ground wires are an extra that most AT guys do to help with the efficiency of shifting and the lag.

Calibration is key if they did not do it, it will never read correctly on the innovative guage.

1 step colder plugs with help with multiple misfires, in my book its a must.

If you had 12 codes being thrown that is not normal, did you try to drive you car with the injectors installed and no tune? If so you probally killed the plugs.

That turbo setup is water and oil cooled, if they hooked up the water lines, be sure there is no leak and that is why the coolant tank is empty, also check your oil level and make sure it is not murky.

I would stop beating on it at all until you have your issues resolved.

Old 10-15-2009 | 03:42 PM
The goblin resurrection
Premier Member
Also wirte down the error codes you still have and I can help you better.

Old 10-15-2009 | 04:02 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
That sucks.

Between help from Danny and going back to the shop to have them fix it right hopefully you will be ok.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Probs with newly installed turbo, need local help PLEASE!