SFL G CLUB South Florida G35's + G37's

My true Re-Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts
My true Re-Build

I have been looking into what has to be done to my car to get it up and going again.

This weekend I had it towed to my family’s factory, and worked on taking off the damaged front items.

First was the tire, which got patched and put back on.
After removing everything, it doesn’t seem like the frame got damaged other than the side members.

I have gotten a new radiator support, and started transferring parts that will be attached to it. Today I am buying a new set of right and left stays (they connect the reinforcement bar to the support), and new hood latches.

What was left of the old radiator support:

The radiator seems fine other than the top where the cap screws in got broken. Is it too much pressure to re-attach it?

The fan shroud took a beating. So I am getting a new one. Since a new shroud is $110, I am just getting a Mishimoto Aluminum Fan Shroud for g35 (180 plus shipping).

I have bought a used but perfect condition passenger fender, just has to be painted.

I’m hoping with the side members realigned, and the radiator support (with radiator, shroud, reinforcement/energy absorber, etc) that will take care of the front structure. Then comes the projectors, emblemless grill, new jwt filter, and refinished/repainted nismo front. Let me know if you guys have advice on other brands or used items that you know of...

More as it progresses…

Last edited by ConradoR; 12-14-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WOOW i hope that cow you hit was worth it all

Old 08-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Should I get this radiator+fan instead?
Mishimoto Radiator and fans - $350 shipped

Old 08-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Pics of removed radiator.
Those side members are cross eyed right now.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Originally Posted by ConradoR
Should I get this radiator+fan instead?
Mishimoto Radiator and fans - $350 shipped
Yes. Hey man, I lost my phone again so no contacts. I'm not sure if you've called me but text me your number

Old 08-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Not too bad. I would cut the old stays off and re-weld new ones on. IT would be easier to weld on straight ones than pull those back over. They are really moved over. Not bad damage though. Definately repairable.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Damn. Now I know what you meant with your PM. Looks like you're off to a good start on getting it back together.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by jwrape
Not too bad. I would cut the old stays off and re-weld new ones on. IT would be easier to weld on straight ones than pull those back over. They are really moved over. Not bad damage though. Definately repairable.
I believe what you are referring to are the right and left rails.
The bumper stays are the pieces that connect the reinforcement to the radiator support, and I have already ordered those. Those are relatively cheap. (Like $35 bucks each or something like that).

I will speak to the body guy today, and suggest to him cutting the raill section that got bend inward and bending the outer side back to shape, then weld a strong piece of metal that will replace the cut hole. The existing metal is not particularly thick/strong, so by using steel or another compatible quality metal, I don't believe the strength of the member will be decreased.

As a matter of fact, I just notice by looking at the pic that the front sway bar might have gotten bent a little though. I have to check into that.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:07 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
The car needs to go on the frame machine bad. The car is a unibody and with the frame rails that tweaked you want to be sure the car will be straight after it's fixed.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While you got it all apart might as well as go boost!

Old 08-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Haha el peruano that's the first thing I thought as soon as I removed the radiator support...

Right now, Im just focusing on making sure the car will perform like it used to/ structurally sound. Then get the body back to perfect.

Theeeeen, in a while, once my wallet forgets about what happened, I will start planning other ways to feed the mod bug ... But I'm not gona lie I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night yelling ptshhh ptshh lol

Old 08-20-2010, 08:57 AM
After a lot of research, made a final decision of what shop will be redoing the car.
Car is going in this weekend to Mad Mods, a custom body / fabrication shop in Fort Lauderdale. I made the decision after meeting their guys and seeing the projects in the shops.
I am confident they will do an amazing job,.
There're always ppl asking about goob shops in South Florida, and this way there will be before/after pics to prove it.

I also wanted to say thanks to Danny for helping me along the way.

Little progress I've done.... Installed reinforcement bar, now have to drop the radiator in. New hood brackets that came in are behind it.

Last edited by ConradoR; 08-20-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Got a lot of progress done to the car in the last few days, I'm real happy about it.
I dropped the car off at MAD MODS in Fort Lauderdale, and Danny (AKA GreenGobbling ) went to town on it.
I had the car at another shop but decided to get it towed all the way there on my own expense since I know his skills pertaining to G35s
Anyways, here are some of the progress pics to compare it to the previous pics:
Radiator support/fender work

New radiator installed

Random pictures of the shop

Pictures of some of the new goodies

CS Rear coming soon, TS Hood coming soon

Last edited by ConradoR; 09-15-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
With Danny on the Job you're in excellent hands now...

Old 09-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Finally looks like a G again.....hope everything works out for you i cant imagine having the car down that long it will feel like the day you got it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My true Re-Build