The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Top speed n1 exhaust is touching the driveshaft

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top speed n1 exhaust is touching the driveshaft

help im installing a n1 exhaust it's actually made by circuit works but it's the same dimensions as top speed the resonator is touching the drive shaft anyone ever encounter this with the top speed?

Old 02-22-2018, 12:46 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,465 Likes on 2,157 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Did you buy the correct one or did you get the wrong sedan/coupe version? I believe this meme is appropriate, my recommendation is to pay $100 to have a muffler shop install the system since it WILL require some modifications at this point.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Did you buy the correct one or did you get the wrong sedan/coupe version? I believe this meme is appropriate, my recommendation is to pay $100 to have a muffler shop install the system since it WILL require some modifications at this point.

the exhaust actully fits better than any exhaust I've ever put on the reason it didn't fit first was cuz I started at the mufflers and went forward pipe first, but that was cuz both y pipe studs snapped when I was taking them off and had to drill them out so after I drilled them out I went from the y pipe and worked my way back and it fit perfect and the quality of this exhaust is way better than top speed the welds are nice and neat and the exhaust is high polished stainless and the fitment is better than top speeed too I would recommend this highly to anyone looking and that is the only place I could find an n1 exhaust nobody else has one nobody but the tips are dead center it couldn't fit any better and sounds amazing abs was by total accident I found this exhort

Old 02-22-2018, 08:35 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I'm glad you're happy with it, rarely is there ever a good review about a budget system. When you have the time it would be helpful to get a video exhaust clip if you have a decent recording device, also helpful would be for you to post what rpms if any you have cabin drone which is typically the #1 complaint about budget systems.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:09 PM
I'm glad you're happy with it, rarely is there ever a good review about a budget system. When you have the time it would be helpful to get a video exhaust clip if you have a decent recording device, also helpful would be for you to post what rpms if any you have cabin drone which is typically the #1 complaint about budget systems.

honestly no drone at all yet I've only been on the highway once but I will say the exhaust is extremly loud and the silencers were a bitch to get out I broke one getting it out but I've heard all n1 exhausts are like that I will post s sound clip it really sounds amazing when the rpms climb I wish there was a little more back pressure exhaust sound when you let off the gas in say 2nd when you should be in 4th but I'm really not picking I really expected after all the reviews I read about top speed and even invidia that it was not going to fit well or be cheaply made but it couldn't be any further from that and I'd be the first to complain I'm hard to please almost every review I read about top speed said the tips were crooked and had to be heated and bent mine are straight as an arrow look at the pic of it and top speed

Old 02-22-2018, 09:10 PM
i will post a sound clip soon

Old 02-23-2018, 03:26 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Let's see some pics of the exhaust installed on your car!!

Old 02-23-2018, 03:59 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
i want to post pics and a sound clip unfortunately it's misfiring right now and I can't figure it out and so it's going to the dealership tom which sucks cuz it was at the body shop about to be painted always something I actually installed the exhaust at my buddy's body shop last night while he primed my new bumpers but I will take pics of the exhaust tom b4 it goes to be fixed and a sound clip after I want to order their resonated y pipe cuz I'm so impressed with both the quality of their exhaust and the fitment

Old 02-23-2018, 09:23 AM
This is the stock exhaust

Pics of the exhaust look how both mufflers are in the exact same positions I didn't touch the hangers and I've also read how the mufflers on top speed burn the plastic being too high not here they could have stuck out further but that's my fault I bought an 8" extension I wanted a 9" but couldn't find 9" in 3" diameter as this was a 350z exhaust I bought the extension separately

Last edited by Melo5812; 02-23-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:18 PM

here is is a pic with the new bumper and much smaller exhaust holes

Old 03-01-2018, 05:44 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
That looks pretty clean, I like it.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:52 PM
That looks pretty clean, I like it.

thanks i I just painted my roof black I'm painting the whole car I was trying to get it done today b4 my buddy left for florida for 2 weeks but had fitment issues on the front and rear bumper and my side skirts still have come in

Old 03-01-2018, 09:24 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Is it my eyes or does the bumper not match the color of the car? Seems the bumper is a different shade of white.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:31 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
It's a different color, I think he said it's not painted yet.

Old 03-02-2018, 02:11 AM
Is it my eyes or does the bumper not match the color of the car? Seems the bumper is a different shade of white.

your eyes are correct but it's actually light grey primer. We had wicked fitment issues with both the front and rear bumper had to cut the bumper around the fender and the rear bumper still isn't right yet. My buddy is moving into a new shop with a downdraft spray booth on April first I decided to wait until then it will be with the wait besides there's other stuff I can do like new slotted rotors/brakes and new tires for my lexani rims and upgrading the sound system my 4080 box just arriaved today. The fitment is pretty good on the exhaust no?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top speed n1 exhaust is touching the driveshaft