Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Got hit by a Harley... (56k not a good idea)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by WaLLy
and man, talking about Phoenix, I need to go back again! I love that place, eerrr, actually I love Goodyear, 15 minutes West of Phoenix. Very nice and quiet communities!! I've been itching to move out of LA and that's one of the spots on my mind!
wow... it's almost like you’re messin' with me - because I've been saying that for the last year! In fact I was talking to Randy (caskyline) and DaveO about it during the BBQ - they are both familiar with that area and knew it when Goodyear was nothing! I've been telling people I want to get the hell out of here and move to Goodyear too!

Not until my last trip did I realize there is a BIG difference between "Phoenix" and "Goodyear"... I have no interest in living in the part of Phoenix I'm going to in a few days... but gotta go for biz...

I wonder if I'll ever move to Goodyear?... we'll have to talk about it @ Irwindale Wally... funny how you have the same idea - I've never known anyone to consider it, or even agree when I say I think it's a cool place...

You probably are phucking with me

Old 12-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Brian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know about Goodyear, but if you can afford it, move to Scottsdale, AZ. Everything in Scottsdale is beautiful...the women, the landscape, the weather, the roads, the women, the cars, the bars and restaurants, the malls, the women...the list goes on and on.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
I don't know about Goodyear, but if you can afford it, move to Scottsdale, AZ. Everything in Scottsdale is beautiful...the women, the landscape, the weather, the roads, the women, the cars, the bars and restaurants, the malls, the women...the list goes on and on.
yeah, I'm familiar with Scottsdale, Chandler, Phoenix, Buckeye, Flagstaff - and of course Goodyear... you are right, Scottsdale is nice... but I knew that previously... I was in Goodyear and Buckeye on biz last year and was really surprised by Goodyear! It's not really anything special I suppose but it was real clean, NO traffic! Highways looked brand new and the residential areas I went through were nice and new.

All things that are very appealing when you've lived in So Cal all your life!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
wow... it's almost like you’re messin' with me - because I've been saying that for the last year! In fact I was talking to Randy (caskyline) and DaveO about it during the BBQ - they are both familiar with that area and knew it when Goodyear was nothing! I've been telling people I want to get the hell out of here and move to Goodyear too!

Not until my last trip did I realize there is a BIG difference between "Phoenix" and "Goodyear"... I have no interest in living in the part of Phoenix I'm going to in a few days... but gotta go for biz...

I wonder if I'll ever move to Goodyear?... we'll have to talk about it @ Irwindale Wally... funny how you have the same idea - I've never known anyone to consider it, or even agree when I say I think it's a cool place...

You probably are phucking with me
not messing with you at all Mike. I have cousins that moved from the Norwalk area and they all moved to Goodyear!!

I've only been to Phoenix/Good year once, and I've been wanting to go back but haven't had the chance

When I went to Phoenix, the downtown area looked very nice a few blocks south of it, I beleive I was in a bad area of Phoenix but I could be wrong. Either way, I'd rather be in Goodyear, newer homes and not too far away from Phoenix.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to move out there since my clientelle(sp?) is here and to start all over in a new area would be really tough. Maybe have a 2nd home out there would be nice. Either way, I still want to live out there. I can stand the heat just as long as I have a pool! lol

Old 12-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
I will have to take a look at Scottsdale as well. never been there but I will take your word of advice.

Originally Posted by OCG35
yeah, I'm familiar with Scottsdale, Chandler, Phoenix, Buckeye, Flagstaff - and of course Goodyear... you are right, Scottsdale is nice... but I knew that previously... I was in Goodyear and Buckeye on biz last year and was really surprised by Goodyear! It's not really anything special I suppose but it was real clean, NO traffic! Highways looked brand new and the residential areas I went through were nice and new.

All things that are very appealing when you've lived in So Cal all your life!
Dude, Flagstaff is another really nice place as well!!! I had a pit stop there while driving to Arkansas and man I liked what I saw. I was seeing mostly trees/forest and very nice houses, hardly any traffic!

and you are right, about "All things that are very appealing when you've lived in So Cal all your life!"

let's get the fukk outta here already! lol

Old 12-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Brian
I will have to take a look at Scottsdale as well. never been there but I will take your word of advice.
I spent 2 weeks out there in April and had the vacation of my life. No exaggeration, I saw more G's and Z's on the road in my first 24 hours there than I see in an entire month here in the Boston/Massachusetts area. A vivid memory I have is when I was trying to leave the parking lot of the Capital Grille...I waited for an Aston Martin to drive by before I pulled out into traffic...what was behind me, also waiting to leave the parking lot? A Bentley Continental GT. Scottsdale is MONEY, and Scottsdale is PRISTINE. Lots of new construction, everything is new and the place is sprawling and growing at a phenomenal pace. Real estate prices are exploding out there. One of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the entire country is Phoenix. Las Vegas is # 2.

Dude, Flagstaff is another really nice place as well!!! I had a pit stop there while driving to Arkansas and man I liked what I saw. I was seeing mostly trees/forest and very nice houses, hardly any traffic!

and you are right, about "All things that are very appealing when you've lived in So Cal all your life!"

let's get the fukk outta here already! lol
I spent 1 night in Flagstaff as I toured the state back in April. Flagstaff is a HOLE. If you're young and looking for clubs or fun stuff to do at night, Flagstaff is completely devoid of anything along those lines. Admittedly, when I visited Flagstaff it was on a Monday night, but still...you could tell it's a "redneck" kinda town. I spent a night there because it was only 50 mins from the Grand Canyon's South Rim where I had reservations the next morning...but I would never ever ever bother visiting Flagstaff for anything in the future...it was that pathetic.

Last edited by AthensBlueG; 12-14-2007 at 11:14 PM.