Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Irvine cops hassled us at Irvine meet last night!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Irvine cops hassled us at Irvine meet last night!

Lat night there was a meet at the 99 ranch market, jeffrey and ?, in Irvine that was setup on my350z.com. Everyone was a little late and we had our cars off it a little corner of the lot, with people slowly arriving...quietly.

Two Irvine police cars pull up and said they got reports of loud music and cars driving fast.

This is how the convo goes between me and the cop talking to all of us at first:
me- "what can we do for you officer" (respectfully)
cop- "what can you do for me, no what I can do for you" (rude and d!ck manner)
cop-"who wants a free pass to go see the state referee, how about all of you?"
all of us are standing there talking, not revving, not driving, no music with a mixed crowd of z, G, and a porsche carrera.
cop to me:" what do you have done to your car"
me: not much on a students budget, I make all the payments on the car so..."
cop:" hmm...(flashlight out now, prodding around touching the engine bay...I was stupid to have my hood propped up)

Cop slowly walks away, stayed for 15 mins looking at us.
I am so glad he didnt make me start my car, I JUST ADDED TEST PIPES 3 Days before

I probably wont be driving the G through Irvine if I can help it anytime soon. I even lived in Irvine for awhile about 2 years ago, a cop even told me wow nice car one night while driving.

Last edited by in2win; 02-07-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
irvine cops are notorious for this.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
I don't blame them, they have nothing to do, it's irvine

Old 02-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Irvine cops are tools.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
was McLovin in the backseat of the cop car?

Old 02-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by patrickwong
Irvine cops are tools.
+1 million.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigd2k6
was McLovin in the backseat of the cop car?
hahahhahahahahahaha

Old 02-07-2008, 07:48 PM
wassupMyNinjas! (^_^)

Received 102 Likes on 45 Posts
One of my friends lives in Irvine and back in the day, they saw him driving an "older car" (not a POS or anything) and asked him what he was doing there. Then asked him where he lived and he had to prove that was his parents house and followed him there.

My friend, who still lives in Irvine, said they noticed a homeless person there and the cops would pick them up and drop them off at another city like Westminster or where ever....

Guess they've got nothing better to do...

Last edited by speedraver; 02-07-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by speedraver
My friend, who still lives in Irvine, said they noticed a homeless person there and the cops would pick them up and drop them off at another city like Westminster or where ever....

Guess they've got nothing better to do...
That's Fvcked up. I went with a couple of friends to a temple last night in Garden Grove for Chinese New Years, and a cop gave a family a ticket for crossing the crosswalk when the "red-hand" was flashing. What a dick!

Old 02-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Wei
They can't give you a ticket or cite you for anything if the car is not moving during the meet...

Irvine PD really has nothing better to do, it's one of the safest cities in the nation, every now and then when some one gets pulled over, you'll see 2 or 3 cop cars behind, because that's as much action as they'll get during the week...

Old 02-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Wei

Irvine PD really has nothing better to do, it's one of the safest cities in the nation, every now and then when some one gets pulled over, you'll see 2 or 3 cop cars behind, because that's as much action as they'll get during the week...
Yup...and about that homeless person, I've seen that too.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:37 PM
dut
Heard Irvine is getting bad.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dut
Heard Irvine is getting bad.
Irvines always been bad. About 15 years ago my cousin's friend was always getting in trouble, dropped out of school, etc. His dad finally told him he would help him one more time and then he was cut off. So he went to some a/c repair school in Arizona that is hella expensive and even with his dads help he had to take out hella loans and stuff. So he gets his act together, finishes the school, and gets a very good paying job at some place in Irvine. He moves into his girls place in San Juan Capistrano. So his job starts at like 4am and he is making good money right off, but can't afford a new car yet cause of the loans and moving and stuff so he is driving his beat to hell hoopty of a pickup and has to drive through Irvine every morning(I forget why, but the freeways and roads weren't exactly like they are now). I guess I should mention that he is a very clean cut white guy...not even any tats at the time. Anyway, over the next three months before he got a new car, he got pulled over 11 times.....never cited once...just pulled over. And for no cause whatsoever. He was like super careful each time, and arriving 15 minutes or so before work started so he wouldn't have to speed. I think Irvine PD just have nothing better to do.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:16 PM
dut
All I know is that they are crushing car now-a-days in SO CAL. So horrible.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:06 AM
wassupMyNinjas! (^_^)

Received 102 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Wei
Yup, I see that all the time. One person gets pulled over and several cars come out of the woodwork just to see who else they can hassle. Even if your blinker is not working properly, they'll hassle you.

One time I was at a 4 way stop sign, I was the last person to get there, but the other 3 were all waiting for each other to go first. They were all gesturing to each other: "No, you go first...." and finally after just sitting there, I went ahead... damn, talk about Sunday drivers.... are they worried a cop is gonna give them a ticket for not letting the other person go first... sheesh!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Irvine cops hassled us at Irvine meet last night!