Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

****Issue with Riverside Infiniti - What can I do? ****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Call infiniti's main office, their customer service line and inform them of the issue. and if that doesn't resolve, then I have to agree with Art, seriouly, it's time to make a stink. and as he said, you be polite. it will get their attention.

BTW, from the sound of this... its way beyond fixing anything with the financing, when you get there, they should be cutting you a check out of the back office while you wait...

Old 03-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by skfnxh
Well, If my post isn't clear, here is short version.

1. When I purchase the car, I also purchased the clear bra, Security alarm and paint/leather coating.

2. I canceled the security alarm and paint/leather coating. Finance person promise me to refund the money for canceled options. (It wasn't documented)

3. So far, they didn't refund the money, nor answer me.

I hope this make it clear.
All of the options you purchased were put on the original contract. That ORIGINAL contract was funded by Infiniti Financial. Thus, to refund the difference, all of the paperwork has to be redone. At this point, we are no longer in control of your particular deal; Infiniti Financial owns the car, and the original contract you signed was the one that they financed.

Your money will be refunded, but it WILL take time. Had you cancelled immediately before the contract was sent to Infiniti, we could have just taken it out of the contract completely.

Being the salesperson involved with this deal, I personally believe we have gone above and beyond to accomodate your needs.

Your negotiated price was UNDER invoice, splash guards were thrown in for free, FIVE free synthetic oil changes, free wheel locks, and we gave you a loan car while your car was being prepared with the splash guards and alarm.

We did not make ANY profit whatsoever on the car, and yet, you were provided with every courtesy extended to every customer that comes in.

Please be patient while Infiniti takes care of all the paperwork involved with the deal, as you originally DID agree to purchase options, and signed the paperwork acknowledging that you are paying for them.

We are going beyond our bounds to refund the difference to you.

-Mike

*edit*

For the record, the customer DID take delivery of the vehicle, and the contract was signed indicating that options were purchased.

Furthermore, options no on the car at time of delivery were put on a "due bill", also signed by the customer, acknowledging that the items were paid for, and are due the customer.

We technically have no legal obligation but are doing it anyways. IFS has to go into their systems and change everything as far as the financing is concerned.

Last edited by mIKE; 03-29-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
All of the options you purchased were put on the original contract. That ORIGINAL contract was funded by Infiniti Financial. Thus, to refund the difference, all of the paperwork has to be redone. At this point, we are no longer in control of your particular deal; Infiniti Financial owns the car, and the original contract you signed was the one that they financed.

Your money will be refunded, but it WILL take time. Had you cancelled immediately before the contract was sent to Infiniti, we could have just taken it out of the contract completely.

Being the salesperson involved with this deal, I personally believe we have gone above and beyond to accomodate your needs.

Your negotiated price was UNDER invoice, splash guards were thrown in for free, FIVE free synthetic oil changes, free wheel locks, and we gave you a loan car while your car was being prepared with the splash guards and alarm.

We did not make ANY profit whatsoever on the car, and yet, you were provided with every courtesy extended to every customer that comes in.

Please be patient while Infiniti takes care of all the paperwork involved with the deal, as you originally DID agree to purchase options, and signed the paperwork acknowledging that you are paying for them.

We are going beyond our bounds to refund the difference to you.

-Mike

*edit*

For the record, the customer DID take delivery of the vehicle, and the contract was signed indicating that options were purchased.

Furthermore, options no on the car at time of delivery were put on a "due bill", also signed by the customer, acknowledging that the items were paid for, and are due the customer.

We technically have no legal obligation but are doing it anyways. IFS has to go into their systems and change everything as far as the financing is concerned.

I am NOT blaming you in any way. This issue is between finance person and me.

I got really good deal from you; I DID get splash guard, oil changes (I didn't know it is FIVE SYNTHETIC oil changes ) and wheel locks for FREE and I DO appreciate it.

Yes, I got the loaner car. However, the finance person DID told me there will be NO loaner car unless I keep the "paint/leather coating". Anyway, I end up to get loaner car, I am fine with it.

I know Riveriside Infiniti trying the best to accommodate my request. That's why I didn't ask for document regrading refund conversation I had, because I believed the people working over there.

I just got phone call from finance person. He told me Riverside Inifiniti send a check (Canceled amount + tax) to Infiniti Finance on March 18. He also confirmed this will be applied to my principle amount in my loan account. I don't know why I don't see any money enter to my loan account yet. Considering today is March 29, 11 days are long enough to process the payment account.

He told me that he didn't reply my email because he is NOT email person. (He told me he doesn't use email). I was very worried about refund because, I emailed to 2 people, finance manager and director, and didn't hear anything back from both.

Since, I didn't get any respond, I got worried. If I got the respond, I didn't need to worry and write like this.

I am NOT complaining anything against you. Again, the problem is between finance person and me. Anyway, thanks for step in and giving clarification.

Also, Tony is very nice guy. I got trunk mat from him with very good price.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
we ONLY use synthetic oil.

MOTUL is extra.

Let me know if you need me to intervene at any time... I can usually get things done

Old 03-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Man, I wish I got my car from you, Mike.

There's always two sides to every story. And I hope that there will be a happy ending to this soon so both of you win.

Cheers!

Old 03-30-2008, 12:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti

How much did he get the car for? Not starting anything........but if there in the business for selling cars this should be a problem...

Old 03-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Having personally dealt with Riverside Infinity and their service department and Tony in parts (for new paddle shifters) I think it is a quality dealership. Yes, my experience is limited but if it stays this way I will be highly recommending them to my friends.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Well I know their parts department is very good.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I did not purchase from Riverside Infiniti but have taken my in there for services and purchasing parts, and I can tell you that the dealer is legit. IMHO, it is far better than any other Infiniti dealers in SoCal. Period.

Also, I can vouch my Mike@RiversideInfiniti, he's an extremely nice guy and, like he said, will work over and beyond to make his customers happy.

I suggest the OP to give it a bit more time; I doubt they will screw you over for less than 2 grand and lose their already well-established reputation.

Alan

Old 03-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Finance people are probably getting pissed off because they are not making any money for the add-on's you canceled. That manager telling you, you couldn't get a loaner was also a low blow.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
What I think of this situation is that the OP originally bought the leather coat and other options just to try to get better price on the car.... knowing that he's going to cancel these options later. Now since he's got the car for less than invoice price, he can go ahead and cancel the useless options that he never wanted from the get go.

Now the dealer is losing money (not likely, but you get the idea) and so it is not happy with the OP's decision of cancelling the above options.....

....is what I would think or feel if I was a person working at the dealership. I am not saying it is true, but I'd never low ball a dealer like that. lol

There is always two sides in a situation like this. Again, to OP, I think it is best that you just sit tight and let them handle the problem for you. I mean, if they don't reply to your questions or calls, you can simply walk in to the dealer and take care of this personally right?

Old 03-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
My opinion is.....Rush the guys that pissing you off, post up in the parking lot, when they get off work, smash their faces in homie and bounce out! I guarantee you thell take care of it after, if not? Smash them again Call da cops? Smash them again...haha...

JK JK Honestly I have wanted 2 smash some car dealers face open before, but of course its a no no... I hope you take care of it bro...car dealers can be fustrated sometimes, I'm sure ull eventually work it out, but if not, shooot you got hustled man.....car dealer...hustled...whats new? But again, good luck bro

Last edited by G37Rider92649; 03-30-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
What I think of this situation is that the OP originally bought the leather coat and other options just to try to get better price on the car.... knowing that he's going to cancel these options later. Now since he's got the car for less than invoice price, he can go ahead and cancel the useless options that he never wanted from the get go.

Now the dealer is losing money (not likely, but you get the idea) and so it is not happy with the OP's decision of cancelling the above options.....

....is what I would think or feel if I was a person working at the dealership. I am not saying it is true, but I'd never low ball a dealer like that. lol

There is always two sides in a situation like this. Again, to OP, I think it is best that you just sit tight and let them handle the problem for you. I mean, if they don't reply to your questions or calls, you can simply walk in to the dealer and take care of this personally right?

I didn't purchased those options to make car price low.

Mike already gave me good price for the car (Thanks Mike). The car price was already setup with Mike before the add on options.

These add ons are NOT related with car price in any way. If you have doubt, ask Mike.

If I really mean to do what you are saying, why I kept the clear bra?
After reading this forum, I realized this paint/leather and security alarm options are not worth for me, so I canceled it. I only kept the clear bra option.

Anyway, I got email reply today from Riverside Infiniti Finance Director state that the money is refund to my loan account. (I don't see the refund yet in my account. Maybe it will take some time as Mike said). I am NOT trying to hurt anybody or make things worse. I just wanted to solve problem.

I think this whole thing happen because I choose email as communication method. (If the person claim he is NOT email person, then I also can claim that I am email person)

Again, Mike has nothing to do with this situation. However, he stepped in and gave clarification. As you said, Mike is very nice guy.

Mike, I appreciate that.

Last edited by skfnxh; 03-30-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Smash him Smash him!!!

Old 03-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nothing on that car was "free", you guys (Riverside infiniti) threw that stuff in because he buys the car from you and not another infiniti dealership. Any talk of how much money the dealership makes on the deal has no bearing to the customer. When a salesman says "we gotta make a profit" I just laugh.

Last edited by in2win; 03-30-2008 at 11:56 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ****Issue with Riverside Infiniti - What can I do? ****