Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Yet another Cali crackdown...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008 | 01:42 PM
This same situation happened to me at a local meet in San Diego over a year ago. Reason why I no longer go to meets. It was a large meet posted in my350z forum and other forums. Cops showed-up around 8pm, and blocked all exits. Told everyone to stand by their cars and to be ready start your car and to pop-open the hood. Otherwise your vehicle will be towed and impounded. Most cars were just cited for no front plates, and tint. Some cited for loud exhaust. Couple cars were towed, something to do with vin# or illegal engine motor. I believe they were Honda cars. Others like myself was cited for illegal smog mods. My engine bay actually looks like stock, but once they saw the BOV it was over for me, I guess its illegal to have a bov installed, they did'nt even know I had a TT set-up. Regardless, I was cited for illegal smog modification, and loud exhaust. It was a fix-it ticket, visit to local referee for smog test, and a fine. Cited for a loud exhaust was a total BS. I just went to a nearest PD, had them listen to the HKS, and they just wrote it off. That's Cali law for you. Everyone knows some mods are illegal, but we do it anyways. So not sure why guys complain about it. Most guys believe the San Diego meet was a total set-up. Man, I had a bad feeling about that meet before going. Not a good idea to go to a meet, when its happening on a Friday or Saturday night.

Last edited by GXCLUSIV; 04-03-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2008 | 01:49 PM
Here is actual video footage from the events that night, pulled it off of the MY350Z.com forum.
http://www.instantriverside.com/rive...rs/2008/03/29/

Old 04-03-2008 | 01:55 PM
thats a damn shame man...thats all cops can do is write bogus tickets. smfh

Old 04-03-2008 | 02:38 PM
Never gone
Staff Alumni
Damn, that sucks.

Old 04-03-2008 | 03:01 PM
That 2nd link that was posted added on fairly important note. The businesses were complaining about them.

"Neighboring business managers at Hooters Restaurant and John's Incredible Pizza are glad the problem was addressed. At times, they said, cars speed through their parking lots, threatening the safety of others and scaring away customers.

"They seek a big parking lot and ours is huge," said Jim Finigan, director of operations at John's Incredible Pizza.

He was seconded by Chris Guillet, manager of the Riverside Hooters Restaurant, who said problem drivers speed through his lot, barely avoiding collisions. While he was grateful for the police intervention, "I think it just moves the problem to another area," Guillet said. "

This is why when you do hold a meeting you don't act like a fool.

There are large car meets all over SoCal. If you act like a retard, it will bring cops.

John Ferrier got a "fix-it ticket," he said, because his car's exhaust system was too noisy. And yet the 21-year-old Moreno Valley resident said he was happy the police were cracking down on Honda drivers. He blames them for reckless maneuvers such as "burning out" and "doing doughnuts."

"That's what attracted the police attention," Ferrier said. "I'm glad they're here to stop people before they do something stupid."

Old 04-03-2008 | 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by w0ady
cali sucks.
Florida is a fake California - Sage Francis

Old 04-03-2008 | 03:41 PM
Way to go, money well spent

Old 04-03-2008 | 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by RealMFG
Florida is a fake California - Sage Francis
haha. Sage is the man!!

Old 04-03-2008 | 04:51 PM
I wish i had a button on my alarm, and a bomb in my car, when i press it, it goes kaboom! then i walk away from the meet Jk Jk hahah

Old 04-03-2008 | 05:01 PM
I think the cops were watching The Fast and the Furious the week before. lol

Old 04-03-2008 | 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
stupid honda/acura people meets Always ruining it for us middle-class + car drivers haha...again i agree on the point that those cops were only doing what they were told to do, if i was a cop and they told me to raid a meet with a bunch of ricers Ill run in there with excitement haha...but also, in my opinion it's kind of stereo type, if we dont want to race, why do we put mods? If they dont like racing cars why do they buy corvettes and m3s and put exhausts intake etc.???

Damn hondas/acuras with their ghetto swapped motor

hey 1fastg35sedan you kick it with a bunch of ricers It's cool tho, u still got a G!
That meet also has cars that will laugh at a G.

Don't knock on what you don't know.

Old 04-04-2008 | 02:28 AM
been their when that happend a few weeks before....sux...but the reason is cuz lil kidz dont know how to behave,park and chill but they rather burn out in the parking lot and dont give a f**k tick's cop off...then again cops take it to far...but true they have bigger n better things to do like CRIME....instead of mess'n with us bout exhaust's,tint,intake's, so n so..f**k'n cops....damn!!!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2008 | 03:06 AM
similar thing happened to us tonight in SD. the SDG crew had our regular Bi-weekly meet and then went out to Islands for some dinner, and when we left, some of us went towards the 163 or 8, but those who went towards the 15, had cops waiting. 3 cars got pulled over, and searched from top to bottom, and 2 of those cars got ticketed from illegal mods, to speeding. I guess the SD drag racing force must be back out or something.

Old 04-04-2008 | 12:06 PM
Can I seriously ask, why does one need a turbo kit? Are you planning to drive 65 mph with a suped up engine? No...you hope that your ride will outperform the next car over. It's not that cops are dicks that have nothing better to do but to write citations. It's called preventive policing, not reactive policing.

Not a current statistic for 2007-2008, but the Institute for Highway Safety reported that in 1999, 5,749 teens were killed in motor vehicle accidents. Statistics also show that for every 1,000 illegal street races, 49 injuries occur.

Let me ask you this...is one U.S military life worth the thousands lives of Iraqi insurgents? Let me also ask, if you were deployed in Iraq, would you rather destroy a known insurgent hideout or wait until they pop out with their AK-47?

We in law enforcement know the direct correlation between engine mods, illegal street racing and death. Take the engine mod out of the circle, you'll have less chances of hot headed teens racing. There are times and places when tracks are open to the public for legal races. If there was an unwritten rule amongst the racers that no street racing would occur except at the tracks, law enforcement wouldn't come down so hard. It is the street racers that have caused this. Like the old saying goes "It only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch."

Old 04-04-2008 | 12:58 PM
^Where do you live man??? This is America, Jack. People are innocent until proven guilty.

Citizens can own firearms. That doesn't mean they're going to go out and rob a bank. Do some gun owners rob banks? Yes. That doesn't make them all guilty by association. Do some tuners engage in illegal and dangerous street racing? Yes. That doesn't make all modified car owners guilty of the same crime. Plenty of us reserve the racing for the track. I personally don't understand the legality of the vehicle search. Where's the probable cause? Just because I have a BBK doesn't mean I have illegal engine mods.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yet another Cali crackdown...