Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Front License Plate citation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front License Plate citation

I really need some help. I just got a ticket for not having my front license plate earlier tonight. In Westminster. I was sitting in my car with my girlfriends in a crowded parking lot. He walks up and throws the ticket on my windshield, not even putting it in the wiper. I got out and asked him what that was for. He says, NO FRONT LICENSE PLATE and gets in his car and takes off. I was furious. No warning, nothing. Silly thing is, there were tons of other cars around me without a front license plate on too!

My thing is, I don't want to put one on. But I don't want to pay the $76 fee. I was reading there you can take a picture and fax it along with the ticket. Don't know if that's true. But if that were the case, I could just find somebody and swap license plates for a picture. And if it were to get fixed is there a fee after that? Can anyone help me with this? Is there any solutions? Can I just throw it on the inside of the windshield? OR does it have to be mounted on the bumper?

Heck, does anyone mind swapping plates and rolling me to get the ticket cleared?

It's 3am and I can't even sleep because of it. I've been crying all night. I know it's lame, but I can't help it. =(

Old 06-05-2008, 06:57 AM
What kind of parking lot were you in?

Old 06-05-2008, 07:01 AM
At the 'club' Bleu on Beach Blvd. It was jammed pack. I was only there to pick up my friends since they were drinking. I have no idea why he decided to pick on me. I was just sitting with my girlfriends, when there were a bunch of gangster looking guys and chicks outside being loud and smoking.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:10 AM
If you were in the parking lot owned by the club then it is private property. From what I understand cops cant issue tickets to cars on private property unless the owner calls the police. Ive been to meets in shopping centers with a cop there and he told me even if he wanted to give us all fix it tickets he cant legally do it because we are on private property. If you were on the street along the club then you legally got a ticket. If thats the case you cant really do anything but put the plate on and get it signed off. It is supposed to be secured to the bumper but I know someone who got it signed off by zip tying it to the lower grill. You can try doing that and see if you can get it signed off. If you were in a private parking lot then take it to court.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Old 06-05-2008, 10:57 AM
If you were in the parking lot owned by the club then it is private property. From what I understand cops cant issue tickets to cars on private property unless the owner calls the police. Ive been to meets in shopping centers with a cop there and he told me even if he wanted to give us all fix it tickets he cant legally do it because we are on private property.
thats not goin to fly by the judge . i tried to fight this in court...

same case i was parked in front on ontario mills with my car faced in (towards another car) out of 5 cars that were parked next to me 3 of which were facing the road. i got a ticket out of all of them (not my g but my MR2). i came out from shopping and found a ticket on my windshield for " no front license plate" cause i had it on the dash pass. corner... soo i had it there just not in the very front of my car. but the only thing u can do is just temporaily just put on the front plate take it to the police station (any) let a cop look at and sign the ticket. find out how much the process fee is then mail it in. and thats that. dont make life harder cuz if u fight it and lose its on ur record.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by G35Socalchick
I really need some help. I just got a ticket for not having my front license plate earlier tonight. In Westminster. I was sitting in my car with my girlfriends in a crowded parking lot. He walks up and throws the ticket on my windshield, not even putting it in the wiper. I got out and asked him what that was for. He says, NO FRONT LICENSE PLATE and gets in his car and takes off. I was furious. No warning, nothing. Silly thing is, there were tons of other cars around me without a front license plate on too!

My thing is, I don't want to put one on. But I don't want to pay the $76 fee. I was reading there you can take a picture and fax it along with the ticket. Don't know if that's true. But if that were the case, I could just find somebody and swap license plates for a picture. And if it were to get fixed is there a fee after that? Can anyone help me with this? Is there any solutions? Can I just throw it on the inside of the windshield? OR does it have to be mounted on the bumper?

Heck, does anyone mind swapping plates and rolling me to get the ticket cleared?

It's 3am and I can't even sleep because of it. I've been crying all night. I know it's lame, but I can't help it. =(
i got one not to long ago oyoquem can vouch for that haha

go to ace hardware or wherever you can get zip ties then zip tie it to your front bumper....if you have the stock bumper like i do then its going to be either on the bottom right or bottom left....go to a POLICE STATION (i went to the one in pomona) not a sheriffs station because its free at the police station and i think 15 bux at the sheriffs

the just walked in and showed the lady my ticket....she told me to bring my car closer to the station, i moved it she came back out with me and saw a front license plate....went back in she stamped and signed it and now im good to go just gotta go to the court date and show them that you got it signed off or whatever......then u can just cut off the zip ties and repeat steps if necessary

Trending Topics

Old 06-05-2008, 12:29 PM
hahaha i had a few of those before.. just use double sided tape and stick it on.. go to the station let them see that you have it on.. and they'll just sign it off and it'll be a $10 fix it ticket.. i do that all the time.. i think i had about 15 of them..

Old 06-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
the zip ties work most of the time but sometimes, they WILL NOT accept it. i know b/c it's happened to me. but try it, it won't hurt, i guess.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Don't use zip ties... Trust me...

Old 06-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Socalchick

hahahh!!!! Club Bleu?? isnt that club like dead? anyways FVCK westminster cops!!!! sucks for you tho.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by cremaster
the zip ties work most of the time but sometimes, they WILL NOT accept it. i know b/c it's happened to me. but try it, it won't hurt, i guess.

do not use zip ties.. because that sh*t shows on your bumper.. maybe just use double sided tape. and gently screw some bolts on, but not all the way.. that'll work.. they dont really come out and try to pull it off.. just take a quick look thats all. not unless they are jerks. then your screwed.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
what the hell you crying for? it's only a front license plate ticket? ****, what happens when you get pulled over for speeding?

anyways, when i lived in L.A. I used to get them all the time. 3 times I was pulled over for it and just for that too. 3 times I get it written off and pay the $10 fine.

buy one of these: http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...r=&make=&model

it takes less than five minutes to put on and the hardest part is taking of the front plastic tow hook cover off (the square plastic thingy pictured a few posts above). buy that, put your front license plate on it go to CHP or your local Sheriff's office and have them see it. They sign it off, you pay $10 and off you go. Keep it if you don't want any more hassle, take it immediately off if you prefer looks and vanity over law. Up to you.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Do a Calvin and leave your tow hook in....

Old 06-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
so g35socalchick....club bleu.....westminster.....are you asian?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front License Plate citation