Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

-1 for infiniti service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update:

so i took a road trip to florida. i would say florida part of it was a blast as was the getting home part of it. the gas mileage was way better than expected, but those are the only positives of the drive.

the steering wheel being off centered, and after a re-alignment done by the dealership made the car not track completely straight so it made the drive challenging. my arms were a little sore, especially driving 600- 1000 miles per day.

the windows were whistling and hissing for most of the trip. this made the cabin noise unbarable for over 3k miles of the trip. it gave me a migrane a couple of times as the noise seemed to pierce through my ears.

the center stack froze up multiple times. it was unbareable with no a/c for 20-30 miles out of the trip through some of the desert where temps were 105 degrees or more.

the rattles drove me nuts. it was so hard to just relax on the drive with the steering colume rattling, the rear self rattling and the seatbelt adjusters rattling along with something in the driver door.

what topped off the terriable road part of the trip was driving through heavy rain and the moonroof leaking. it seemed to be one thing after another after another. the gas cap even vibrated loose and throw the service engine light which i had to stop at little rock infiniti (GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE THERE) and have them clear the code.

so after returning home i went on a test drive with joe at riverside infiniti. i was looking forward to this, even on my vacation. i was waiting to explain my situation and show the problems. however i believe that once joe show me and saw that i was younger i was misjudged. it seemed like he was not up to date on the information out there about the new generation sedans and seemed very oblivious to many of the tsb out there i was having issues with. he even asked me "now do you go online and find the tsb and then just say your car has that problem." from there on things just seemed to go down hill as he was in a hurry to pass me on to a service consultant and get me out of there. very **** poor experience especially from some one higher up in the ranks at the dealership. so i called the next day to check status of my car, and a different sales consultant told me i needed to go back in and take a test drive with a tech when i was just on one with joe and he documented the problems on a sheet of paper in the test drive. i also asked joe if the a/c unit sounds abnormal and he assured me it sounded normal. the one in the car that i own whines, while the one inthe loaner car i have sounds like a normal a/c unit.

i was totally mis lead when i purchased my car. i thought i was buying an experience, but instead its more of a waste of near 40k. day three just passed and the car is still sitting there and who knows what is being done to it. disappointing thing is that my car feels like it spends more time at infiniti than it does in my possesion and i am stuck with base model loaner cars. that smell of smoke, moldy food, and rattle worse than rocks in a tin can. sad part is, the loaner car i have is a brand new car which has just over 400 miles on it and it has the same issues with rattles. i miss the paddle shifters, backup cam, tinted windows, and the overall feel of my personal car.

infinti consumer affairs was notified by me and i have a case number that is open until all issues are resolved. the lady from teh consumer affairs was a very nice lady, very understanding and treated me fairly, unlike many of the other people i have delt with at infiniti. if i hear nothing tomorrow about the status, i will be contacting her again just as a check up as infiniti has once again had my car for another 3 days and still counting.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
As I said before, I suggest you let me get involved in this. I do have a fairly significant amount of pull at my dealership.

Some far off questions:

1. How many miles were on your car at time of delivery?
2. Do you have your delivery and PDI checklist? This should have been given to you at time of purchase.
3. Am I right in assuming you purchased at Cerritos, not Riverside Infiniti?
4. Your car is a 08 with Prm, Nav, Sport?

Old 08-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
As I said before, I suggest you let me get involved in this. I do have a fairly significant amount of pull at my dealership.

Some far off questions:

1. How many miles were on your car at time of delivery?
2. Do you have your delivery and PDI checklist? This should have been given to you at time of purchase.
3. Am I right in assuming you purchased at Cerritos, not Riverside Infiniti?
4. Your car is a 08 with Prm, Nav, Sport?
1. i believe it was less than 20 miles
2. i have everything the dealer provided in a folder.
3. yes sir, as riverside didnt want to honor the same price.
4. yes sir, plat graphite in color and just over 10k miles now?

can i ask what these far off questions have to do with?

Last edited by archie; 08-28-2008 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added more
Old 08-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
^Hey Mike will definitely take care of you. Dont worry

Old 08-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by archie
1. i believe it was less than 20 miles
2. i have everything the dealer provided in a folder.
3. yes sir, as riverside didnt want to honor the same price.
4. yes sir, plat graphite in color and just over 10k miles now?

can i ask what these far off questions have to do with?
I just want to make sure that your car was the way it should be at time of delivery, since you seem very unhappy with the car as it is now.

I'll speak with Joe regarding this, and I'd like to go on a drive with you next time you come in, so that we can compare it with another G back to back.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:43 PM
I just spoke to Joe briefly regarding your car. He had indicated that we were unable to duplicate the problems, and that you were also unable to duplicate the problems during the test drives.

However, we did perform the TSB's out of goodwill.

When you do come in, I'd like to take a ride in your car, and see what, if any, problems exist.

Regarding some of the issues you cited:

Has your car been in an accident? Many of the problems you are citing (leaky moonroof, abnormal wind noise, rattles), are all symptoms.

Again, lets try to duplicate your symptoms when you come pick up your car.

I do recall you posting that you knew more than the salesperson who helped you at our dealership. I responded by offering to buy you lunch if you knew more than the car about me... still up to that challenge?

Old 08-29-2008, 08:39 PM
can i have your full name, job postion, as well as a direct number to contact you. we will be looking forward to meet you.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Just ask for Mike in sales.

Cell is 714.313.4228.

Out of curiosity: why both a G35 AND an IS350?

Old 08-30-2008, 02:04 AM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
uh oh!!!! I hope you are able to remedy all these concerns!!!!

Old 08-30-2008, 04:00 AM
Just ask for Mike in sales.

Cell is 714.313.4228.

Out of curiosity: why both a G35 AND an IS350?
why not? they just fit our needs.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:35 AM
they're so similar, other than the Lexus's interior is more plush, while the G handles better and is a roomier.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:44 PM
When will you be coming in?

Old 09-01-2008, 03:00 PM
When will you be coming in?

after i recieve a phone call letting me know the car is ready.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:26 PM
update:

so today i called sam at infiniti consumer affairs. she remembered me and immediatly called riverside infiniti to check status of the car. i was hold with her for a while (15-20min). after she came back her words "sorry took so long had to find somebody over there that knew what was going on."

so i get an update from her. the car is still not ready infiniti is waiting on some parts to come in. she told me they will not be in until late next week. however she told me i could pick up the car on an incomplete work order and then take it back it when the parts show up. i told her i wasnt interested in picking up a car with an incomplete work order as i had to do it once already.

time goes on and my grandfather is on his way home from some place in riverside so he decides to stop by and check status. they told him the car was fixed and ready to be picked up. they had the repair bill completed and printed out and everything was ready to check the car out from infiniti. so he gave me a call telling me to go pick up my car. i explained to him what i was informed by infiniti, so he just turned around and said contact me when the car is COMPLETE.

the car has sat at infiniti for 11 days now and if you include the 3 or 4 days before my road trip the car has sat there for 14 or 15 days. it will still be sitting there until late next week so im sure this total will climb to over 20 days to complete the job. i know i asked for things to be fixed right but in this length of time?

so needless to say i am writing a letter to infiniti explaining my situation. i have a job and i am a college student. my job requires me to be anywhere in the western united states at any time and i need a reliable car to get me there and back. i also need a car to get to school and back as well. i was given a loaner car, but if i get called away one day and i am away for a few days while my car is complete i will be stuck paying $40 per day that i am away on business.

i know it may sound a tad bit rediculous but i am making a car payment on a car that sees more time in infiniti's garage than the one at my house.

i love the car, so if i am granted a few options i will take another g sedan just because of the sheer FUN this car is to drive, regardless of the problems.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Out of curiosity, you work full time are a full time college student or a combination thereof?

You have a IS350, if you don't like the loaners, why not just drive the IS around? At the least, it can get you back and forth from school. You do have the option to decline the loaner.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: -1 for infiniti service