Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

-1 for infiniti service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Odd, as I was actually in until 4:30; at my desk, with a customer.

A simple search on the forum would have revealed my phone number, or you could have just grabbed one of my business cards and simply called me.

MAKE SURE YOU CONTACT ME WHEN YOU ARE AT THE DEALERSHIP.

Infiniti Corp. is our single biggest customer. We get paid on any and all warranty work. We want as much of it as possible. We will NEVER turn down any claim which we can have paid out by Infiniti. Something is better than nothing.

Let me make a list of your issues.

1. Customer states steering wheel is rattling.
2. Customer states moonroof is rattling.
3. Customer state moonroof seal is leaking (?).
4. Customer states rear parcel shelf is rattling.

My input on the issues (keep in mind that I'm not a service advisor or a tech; this is merely my feedback)

1. How exactly does a rack and pinion steering system rattle? A vibration is possible if the alignment and/or wheelbalancing is off.
2. The tolerances on the moonroof are small enough that rattling should not be present, nor could it really be present unless the car itself is bent.
3. Bad seal/leaking: see #2.
4. Possible that something may have come loose. If it is there, then it is very easy to verify.

As stated previously, next time you come by, MAKE SURE that I get involved.

My cell # again: 714.313.4228

Old 09-06-2008, 02:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as for number one its not the steering wheel is self is the whole colum that moves up and down. joe knows exactly what rattle i am talking about if you ask him.

its not exactly the moonroof that rattles that is what i keep saying. it rattles when the sunshade is open and the glass is closed. the rattle is actually coming from the sunsahde being open and its more toward the mid-rear of the headliner.

the moonroof was leaking. i have another person that was in the car with me that can tell you it was leaking.

as for the parcel self i get the rattle over rough road. i was actually riding the reflectors on the 91 today between tyler and van buren and i was able to duplicate loudly. its more of a metal on metal than a plastic rattle.

no the work order i checked out with today specifically stats that the steering colum rattle was fixed. WITHIN 10 miles of taking the car away from infiniti i was able to duplicate it.

after that i notice a huge chunk of paint missing out of the rear bumper. so i immediatly phone joe and letting him know he was getting this car back. we went on a test drive once again and as joe was in the car with me I could hear the rattles and he could not. i dont know if it is standard policy to deny that you hear anything, but i could hear them faintly, then loudly then faintly but they were pretty consistant. i advised joe to take the 91 freeway on a test drive, staying in the right hand lane from auto center drive to lincoln ave in corona and and the return trip around.

i actually had a co-worker in teh car that could verify the rattles, as well as my grandfather who said he could actually hear it through the bluetooth as i was on the phone with him.

now the most inexcusable thing that happened though is that someone there either intentionally scratched the car or it was backed into something and someone didnt admit to it. walk out to the car tomorrow morning and you will see on the left side of the rear bumper that there is about a 2ft long scratch that is about 1/10th inch thick. it was fresh and when joe saw it the paint was still curled up.

and i kept asking for mike in sales mike in sales. even ask my grandfather as he was there with me. i wanted you to see this as there is no excuse. now i am going to be out of the car once again for god knows how long.

i tried to contact corp office but they do not work on teh weekends so the soonest i can get a hold of them is monday morning. i already have a case nubmer or ref number with them, and this will add to it.

now when i picked the car up the work order also said the seal to the moonroof was modified so it would not leak anymore. well the seal was modified alright and was not re-installed properly. joe saw this first hand as well. i tried to get everything document the best i could and i didnt get out of infiniti until about 445pm. i had loaner car 180 which was a newer loaner car which wasnt as bad, but this loaner car is almost undrivable. it is number 147 and it is in need of a serious alignment as well as some type of damper on the right rear. also something in the steering makes it a little un-easy going around bends at any rate of speed more than 25-30 mph.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Banned
sounds like u should move to a lexus
infiniti just aint right for you lol

Old 09-06-2008, 03:26 PM
I am still not seeing after 4 pages of u complaining why you don't go somewhere else... you know you don't have to go to Riverside right? Any Infiniti dealer with a service department can help you. The situation sux bad, don't get me wrong. Making that much of an investment on a vehicle and this happens isn't cool, BUT you can sit there and complain to everyone who will listen (letters phone calls etc.) or u can suck it up and take your biz elsewhere. (i.e. another dealer or another manufacturer all together). While the latter might cause you some inconveniences, is it really worth your current headache?

Old 09-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Supra_Princess
I am still not seeing after 4 pages of u complaining why you don't go somewhere else... you know you don't have to go to Riverside right? Any Infiniti dealer with a service department can help you. The situation sux bad, don't get me wrong. Making that much of an investment on a vehicle and this happens isn't cool, BUT you can sit there and complain to everyone who will listen (letters phone calls etc.) or u can suck it up and take your biz elsewhere. (i.e. another dealer or another manufacturer all together). While the latter might cause you some inconveniences, is it really worth your current headache?

its too late now. the damages to the car were caused by infiniti of riverside and no other dealer will pay for their mistakes. its simple. plus some of the parts needed to complete the work order are on backorder, and that doesnt matter what dealership the car is at in the country.

since i first posted this thread the car has basically been in riversides garage except for the days i HAD to take it out of state. and i cannot check the car out without infiniti saying everything is okay to release the car, otherwise it basically goes on the record that i refused service for that problem and will be a red flag for any similiar issues that occur in the future.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
OK... look bro, i thought i was a nit-picker but damn!!!! Yes there are some instances where you can replicate the problems and the dealership cant. i have taken my car there numerous times and everything gets done to my liking. I have never had to take my care back to them to fix the same thing. i actually drive the additional 50 out to riverside instead of going to Tustin, just because i know i wont get the bull... to think about it you are probably just a nit-picker striving for attention!!!! I bet that you complain about something so much, they dont want to deal with you. i know i wouldnt. Hell, even Mike has offered his services for you and you neglected to use them, so who is the fool now! Quite you biotching and go somewhere else... better yet, by a Hyundai, because you dont deserve an Infiniti!

Old 09-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Hmmmm well I know there is some arrangement that can be worked out between dealers in a situation like this. I used to work for a dealer that had a notoriously BAD service department (not infiniti) and on several occasions when the customer had enough of their b.s. they would request a transfer to a different location. Ask Mike or Joe if this is at all possible... I am sure even Sam over the phone would be able to hook u up with that. I know you need to ask though, at least you did where I worked. They would never offer it...

Old 09-06-2008, 04:21 PM
but u do sound like u complain A LOT.... and over little things that just happen when you drive your car a lot. I don't know of any guy who gets a migraine over car noise... I would hate to see what happens if u were in my car, your head might explode or something! ahahahah!

Old 09-06-2008, 04:23 PM
^hahaha... wait, i dont get headaches in your car!!!!!!

Supra Princess's Official Mexican Car Alarm/Cup Holder -beep beep-

Old 09-06-2008, 04:24 PM
(Inside joke guys)

Old 09-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Thought this was funny:

Old 05-24-2008, 02:07 PM

thanks. well i took the car in at 8am. the dealer gave me a loaner i drove home and about after being home for an hour the dealer called telling me my car was ready. wow. the cool part though is that mike in service at riverside knew what the problem was. it was some silcone that found its way in the cooling system? so 3 hours and the problem was fixed. +1 for riverside infiniti service.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
stupid stock cars! My car rattles, go get a re-tune! haha

I feel the O.P's pain, but I'd feel the pain from the dealer to, some customers just ***** me off so bad i wouldn't care, if you're a headache, maybe they just don't want to deal with you anymore. o0o0o0 customer serivce 0o0o who gives a shiet they make enough money off other cars and have enough satisfied customers to the point your opinion can be tossed out the window, and sometime thats just reality Seriously though, good luck bro.

Last edited by G37Rider92649; 09-06-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Supra_Princess
but u do sound like u complain A LOT.... and over little things that just happen when you drive your car a lot. I don't know of any guy who gets a migraine over car noise... I would hate to see what happens if u were in my car, your head might explode or something! ahahahah!

thats why i dont ride along with you. there are people out there that have very senstive senses if that makes sense to you. but i would suggest you go better educate yourself on some of the conditions out there.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Wow we offer you advise and this is how you act.... Nice!!!!!

Well good luck Archie... you have just singled your car out!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Hotdawwgman
Thought this was funny:

Old 05-24-2008, 02:07 PM

thanks. well i took the car in at 8am. the dealer gave me a loaner i drove home and about after being home for an hour the dealer called telling me my car was ready. wow. the cool part though is that mike in service at riverside knew what the problem was. it was some silcone that found its way in the cooling system? so 3 hours and the problem was fixed. +1 for riverside infiniti service.

reread some of the post on here. i refered back to this situation saying i had high hopes. but what do you care man it aint your car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: -1 for infiniti service