Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Visiting San Diego in Christmas for 3 days.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 03:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visiting San Diego in Christmas for 3 days.

My gf and I are planning to come to SD during Christmas for 3 days, we haven't been to SD before so we have no idea where we should go site seeing.

There are a few attraction locations that people told us about:

- SeeWorld
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Wild Zoon
- Legoland (Is this for little kids only?)

Any comment? We plan to spend 2 days for attraction and 1 day for shopping. I still need to know where to shop and where to eat.

Thanks...

Old 11-29-2008, 04:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
La Jolla, Gaslamp (if you're over 21/bar/club scene), go eat at the Hash House (Best breakfast place IMO. The portions are HUGE. So I'd say just share a plate. ) I haven't been to Legoland, but I heard it's just for kids.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:44 AM
Banned
how old are you and your gf?

this way we can tell you good places to go

xxoo

Old 11-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Soju
La Jolla, Gaslamp (if you're over 21/bar/club scene), go eat at the Hash House (Best breakfast place IMO. The portions are HUGE. So I'd say just share a plate. ) I haven't been to Legoland, but I heard it's just for kids.
+1 for hash house ago go. good food, huge portions. i go there once a month (maximum, because i gain about 7lbs every time i go. )

The Zoo and WAP are fun. The WAP is more open and natural. The animals are farther away, but it's cool. The zoo might be better if you guys wanna see the animals closer up. I've been to both a lot recently, lol. i like both.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:41 PM
She is 23 and I am 25 today!!! We are planning to stay in Mission Valley Hilton Hotel and i am taking the G.

I still need to know where to eat, chill and shop.

Which one is better Seaworld, San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park?

I also have other questions.

- We eat all type of food, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, American, etc.

- Is there a Chinatown in SD? Or a location for "COOL" Asian stuff?
- Any good shopping malls near by? I like comfort and classy mall. Not a big fan of "BLOW OUT SALE!! COME IN AND BUY ****!!"

Old 11-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
Just hit up the Downtown "Gas-lamp" area, it's pretty much got it all...

Old 11-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kenempireex
She is 23 and I am 25 today!!! We are planning to stay in Mission Valley Hilton Hotel and i am taking the G.

- Any good shopping malls near by? I like comfort and classy mall. Not a big fan of "BLOW OUT SALE!! COME IN AND BUY ****!!"
Clairemont, Kearny Mesa area. Which is about 10 to 15 mins from Mission Valley. It's about the same distance to downtown "gaslamp". But there isn't really much of a "Chinatown" compared to SF/LA area. It's probably only a few plazas here and there. If you're driving down to SD. I'd say just stop by LA/OC area.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
^^^ hit up the SDGs forum we shall help u out and enjoy SD to the fullest!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 03:02 PM

- seaworld and wild animal park are better than the zoo, i say go to both. different styles ya know

- cool malls....horton plaza (downtown) and fashion valley (close to mission valley, but a hundred times more classy)

- honorable mentions.... Rei do gado all you can eat brazillian bbq (lunch special is the best deal, its in downtown right next to the mall), hotel del cornado (supposedly haunted, good looking place), also try to find a good small mexican food place like lolitas in clairmont or el patron in mira mesa and get carne asada fries

Old 12-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Cool, thanks for the info.

I also heard Fashion Valley is nice, going to hit here for sure.

Is there a particular address in Gaslamp area or Clairemont, Kearny Mesa area?

Old 12-01-2008, 03:53 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
hash house is a must. not much good asian food down here IMHO.

fashion valley >>>> horton/mission/etc

Old 12-01-2008, 04:37 AM
Cool, thanks for the info.

I also heard Fashion Valley is nice, going to hit here for sure.

Is there a particular address in Gaslamp area or Clairemont, Kearny Mesa area?
go here and get carne asada fries http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=utf-8...12749140610060

Old 12-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Todai is a decent asian buffet.
I was just out there last month and found the zoo to be very hard to navigate. I am used to the National Zoo and the Honolulu Zoo which IMHO are WWWAAAYYY easier to get around. I was lost most of the time in the SD Zoo since none of the signs pointed in the right direction and the maps were out of date since they were doing renovations. At $30pp I would say go to Sea World.

But I have never had a laugh as I did in the SD Zoo. The hippos were doing it and this little girl keeps asking her mom... What are they doing? The girl hippo had her whole face smashed on the glass looking like "Why is he doing this here". And the pandas were cute but we have pandas at our zoo too.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:48 AM
I was going to start a thread with this exact topic, but I might as well add on to this one.
I will be in San Diego from Dec 20-27 with the wife. We are both 26 and this is our first time out there. We will be staying in Solana Beach and have a car to view the area.

Any other destinations to go see?

Old 12-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just came back from SD over the weekend.

Most places were mentioned but here's a list of what me and the wife did while we were down there:

-Legoland: Had never been there. Wife got free tickets, so we went. Definitely a place for kids. Unless you LOVE Legos... i'd stay away. $67 a ticket doesn't justify the amount there is to do there for anyone over the ages of 5-10. We finished the park in 6 hours.
-Phil's BBQ: Awesome place for BBQ. It's Zagat rated so that should tell you it's safe
-Outlets near Legoland. Not the greatest outlets, but there's a bit of shopping to do there
-Original Pancake house. OMG SO GOOD! http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/
-Coronado Island and Hotel Del Coronado. Lots of restaurants, the beach, and outdoor ice skating. Can also take a bike tour of the island
-Gaslamp District. I had dinner at Oceanaire. http://www.theoceanaire.com/ Pricey seafood for a "nicer" night out. Lots of other restaurants and shopping. Impossible to find street metered parking. If you can, park at Horton plaza and walk over to the Gas Lamp. 3 hours free validation at Horton. Forgot how much it is for additional time. There's also a parking lot on the corner of 1st and J St. that's $10 max after 6pm. That's where i ended up parking since all the other lots were $20 flat rate
-Horton Plaza for 5 levels of shopping.
-Extraordinary desserts. OMG.... the BEST Desserts EVER! http://www.extraordinarydesserts.com/

That's just what we did in 3 days/2 nights. I've been to the SD Zoo and Wild Animal Park. Both cool things to do. Balboa Park has a lot of museums to check out if you're into that. Sea World... been there when i was a kid. Was fun from what i remember.

You can buy a fun pass that gets you into all 3 (or 2 of the three) for a discounted price: Sea World, SD Zoo, and the Animal Park.
http://www.sandiegozoo.org/tickets/zootickets.html

Or there's this too:
http://www.gosandiegocard.com/

Ok... sorry for the multi edits. I think i'm done adding now

Last edited by Day177017; 12-01-2008 at 01:36 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Visiting San Diego in Christmas for 3 days.