Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Major Shoutouts to Mextep and R & J Paint and Body located in Carson. They saved me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:32 AM
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Major Shoutouts to Mextep and R & J Paint and Body located in Carson. They saved me

After parking my car at my school parking structure, I a green/yellow lime colored looking fluid leaking slowly from underneath my car. I disregarded it, thinking it was just the washer fluid.
When I came back from class and started my car, the temperature was all the way at H! So I took my car directly to a well known shop in Van Nuys, where the people there are helpful and nice. They told me that my radiator had cracked, and that I would need a new one. I asked them if it was possible to do that for me on the spot, but given that I got there so late because of traffic (4:30PM), they told me I would have to come back again tomorrow. They did however, advise me on how to take car of my car when the temperature was all the way at HOT (go at a cruising speed, turn on A/C all the way to the max) and topped off my coolant reservoir with water until I could come back tomorrow.
I honestly could not wait that long, and driving back to Van Nuys tomorrow could mean that perhaps I might get stranded on the freeway. At this point I called Mextep and let him know that this was crazy and that my car was spewing hot water and steam from the hood of my car. I asked him if R&J had a radiator on deck, as well as someone being there able to fix it. Mextep told me he'd check and give me a call back within 5 minutes to let me know what was up. Sure enough, he called me and told me that R&J had an OEM radiator on deck and that I could come through!!!

So I went back home and wacked it a little bit to kill time. At around 8:30 PM I start heading over to R&J but at Jefferson Blvd on the 405 S, my car friggin overheated yet AGAIN and I was there, stranded on the side of the freeway. I never thought that this could ever happen to me before. I read a lot of stories about how people were FML'ing over their radiator but I never even opened their threads and never even cared what a radiator did.

I called Mextep while I was stuck on the freeway and told him that I might be coming a little bit too late to R&J. He said that was not a problem, and that I should cool down a bit and head over again, or look for alternate means to get there. So I called my insurance company and they towed my car to R&J at around 10:00PM (they took a long time to come, made me feel so bad about having the people at the shop waiting on me doing nothing).
At around 10:30 PM I finally got to R&J and Ralph (the mechanic) started diagnosing my car and finally put on a fixed radiator, as well as installed the coupe midpipe that I had.

2:00 AM Ralph was done with coolant flush and replacing radiator. It was a very tiring night, and the fact that Ralph was staying at the shop still working on my car was a God-sent being.

I wanted to give major shoutouts, and that I will be a returning customer at R&J Paint and Body. Seriously, I've never even heard of or been to a shop that has great customer service and loyalty to their customers.

Thank you R&J.

Cordially,

Paul

Cliffnotes:
I got stranded on the freeway at 10:00PM because my radiator cracked.

R&J waited for me until 11:00 PM to fix my radiator.

Ralph (the mechanic) worked on my car and coolant flushed my car until 2:00 AM as well as install my coupe midpipe.

R&J is the best reliable, knowledgeable shop in Southern California.

I love Ralph, Jessie, and James

Last edited by socalwdup; 03-07-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Wow! That's great Paul. Big ups to Mextep and R&J

Old 03-07-2011, 01:51 AM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Props to R&J & James!

Old 03-07-2011, 02:04 AM
Banned
Seriously, they are the best. They even offered me tacos but I was full so I declined.

They are so nice. I really think more shops can be as this genuine and honest to their customers, while providing affordable services.

Thank you again Ralph, Jessie, and James.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:23 AM
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
You forgot to add that MEXTEP gave you a HOT WAX massage while you waited for your car to get fixed.

R&J is the ****!!!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 02:29 AM
Banned
Unfortunately Mextep was not there the two days that I was there. Next time I see him I will treat him out to some food as well as Ralph and Jesse too!

Old 03-07-2011, 02:37 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
they do awesome work there! Getting more work there as we speak. lol

Old 03-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by speeddream
You forgot to add that MEXTEP gave you a HOT WAX massage while you waited for your car to get fixed.

R&J is the ****!!!!!
You sure liked your Brazilian wax job.

Paul, glad they took care of you and it kinda shows that R&J will go out of their way to take care of their customers when in need.

Last edited by MEXTEP; 03-07-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Damn, 2AM... Latest I was at R&J was like 1am haha.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:30 PM
WOW! that is late! What time do they have to get up for the full time job?

Old 03-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
I have you all beat...3am was when we were room-mates and we had to push the cars into the garage(When Pollo worked from Home)the heaviest being my T-Bird SC.

Yoshi; 8am

We have stayed after 1am with a few of Driver members but just shooting the **** with DJ, Mario, Pollo and myself...on Lounge Fridays.

This Friday may be a good lounge Friday because he will probably be working on my car.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Received 513 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by socalwdup
After parking my car at my school parking structure, I a green/yellow lime colored looking fluid leaking slowly from underneath my car. I disregarded it, thinking it was just the washer fluid.
When I came back from class and started my car, the temperature was all the way at H! So I took my car directly to a well known shop in Van Nuys, where the people there are helpful and nice. They told me that my radiator had cracked, and that I would need a new one. I asked them if it was possible to do that for me on the spot, but given that I got there so late because of traffic (4:30PM), they told me I would have to come back again tomorrow. They did however, advise me on how to take car of my car when the temperature was all the way at HOT (go at a cruising speed, turn on A/C all the way to the max) and topped off my coolant reservoir with water until I could come back tomorrow.
I honestly could not wait that long, and driving back to Van Nuys tomorrow could mean that perhaps I might get stranded on the freeway. At this point I called Mextep and let him know that this was crazy and that my car was spewing hot water and steam from the hood of my car. I asked him if R&J had a radiator on deck, as well as someone being there able to fix it. Mextep told me he'd check and give me a call back within 5 minutes to let me know what was up. Sure enough, he called me and told me that R&J had an OEM radiator on deck and that I could come through!!!

So I went back home and wacked it a little bit to kill time. At around 8:30 PM I start heading over to R&J but at Jefferson Blvd on the 405 S, my car friggin overheated yet AGAIN and I was there, stranded on the side of the freeway. I never thought that this could ever happen to me before. I read a lot of stories about how people were FML'ing over their radiator but I never even opened their threads and never even cared what a radiator did.

I called Mextep while I was stuck on the freeway and told him that I might be coming a little bit too late to R&J. He said that was not a problem, and that I should cool down a bit and head over again, or look for alternate means to get there. So I called my insurance company and they towed my car to R&J at around 10:00PM (they took a long time to come, made me feel so bad about having the people at the shop waiting on me doing nothing).
At around 10:30 PM I finally got to R&J and Ralph (the mechanic) started diagnosing my car and finally put on a fixed radiator, as well as installed the coupe midpipe that I had.

2:00 AM Ralph was done with coolant flush and replacing radiator. It was a very tiring night, and the fact that Ralph was staying at the shop still working on my car was a God-sent being.

I wanted to give major shoutouts, and that I will be a returning customer at R&J Paint and Body. Seriously, I've never even heard of or been to a shop that has great customer service and loyalty to their customers.

Thank you R&J.

Cordially,

Paul

Cliffnotes:
I got stranded on the freeway at 10:00PM because my radiator cracked.

R&J waited for me until 11:00 PM to fix my radiator.

Ralph (the mechanic) worked on my car and coolant flushed my car until 2:00 AM as well as install my coupe midpipe.

R&J is the best reliable, knowledgeable shop in Southern California.

I love Ralph, Jessie, and James

J/k. Glad everything worked out for you

Old 03-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
another testament to their committment and great character.

the longest i was there was from about 7am to 2:30 pm on a sunday to install my bbk. pollo is the man!

Old 03-07-2011, 07:54 PM
He does do awesome work. Maybe you can post pix of them?

Old 03-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
That sounds like James.. he takes care of you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Major Shoutouts to Mextep and R & J Paint and Body located in Carson. They saved me