Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Car Washes at Mission Viejo Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 04:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Washes at Mission Viejo Infiniti

I drove down to MV to get my complimentary car wash at the dealer when I was informed by the ladies at the front desk that they no longer hand wash cars. I explain that my car will not fit nor do I want it on the track to get washed by the machine. (275 rear tires...) They tell me that they have to hand wash the car where they have the loaner vehicles parked and that they can't have anymore cars back there. So I calmly explain that this has never been an issue for the past year and a half and that if it had recently been implemented that I was promised free car washes for life and that this is some sort of breach of contract. I mean, I understand that it's hard to hand wash cars, but I was the only one there. It wasn't like everyone who had a lowered G with wide-@$$ tires and expensive rims was behind me in line. So I end up speaking to a manager, Phil, who was just eager to please and went ahead and told me that my car will be hand-washed anytime with no problems! I expect a luxury car dealer to have above-average service and dedication to their customers and I think Phil did Infiniti some good in handling my little problem. I'm so lazy with the washing part...sigh...

Old 05-12-2005, 05:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by No1Better
I drove down to MV to get my complimentary car wash at the dealer when I was informed by the ladies at the front desk that they no longer hand wash cars. I explain that my car will not fit nor do I want it on the track to get washed by the machine. (275 rear tires...) They tell me that they have to hand wash the car where they have the loaner vehicles parked and that they can't have anymore cars back there. So I calmly explain that this has never been an issue for the past year and a half and that if it had recently been implemented that I was promised free car washes for life and that this is some sort of breach of contract. I mean, I understand that it's hard to hand wash cars, but I was the only one there. It wasn't like everyone who had a lowered G with wide-@$$ tires and expensive rims was behind me in line. So I end up speaking to a manager, Phil, who was just eager to please and went ahead and told me that my car will be hand-washed anytime with no problems! I expect a luxury car dealer to have above-average service and dedication to their customers and I think Phil did Infiniti some good in handling my little problem. I'm so lazy with the washing part...sigh...
Ah mission viejo infiniti, they scratched and fixed me wheels 3 seperate times. I pretty much know all the guys that work there. Is Don Weiss still the service manager?

Old 05-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Sound Advice
Phils a great guy, you did the right thing talking to him. Infiniti of Mission Viejo has always taken good care of me through out the organization, sales, service and parts have all gone above and beyond for me.

Old 05-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't take my car there anymore after they backed a coupe into my sedan. They took care of it none the less, but having my car sit at a body shop with stupid a-holes allowed to drive it, not taking that risk again.

You guys are not afraid of those guys scratching your car when they wash it? I guess I am a freak about that kind of stuff. I worry the boneheads will wipe a dirty sponge on my panels and put microscratches and it might be the end of the world

Old 05-12-2005, 11:24 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bkchang79
Ah mission viejo infiniti, they scratched and fixed me wheels 3 seperate times. I pretty much know all the guys that work there. Is Don Weiss still the service manager?
did they scratch it washing it?

Did they know they scratched it or did you have to point it out to them?

Old 05-13-2005, 12:16 AM
Everytime I think of people who don't own the car washing it...

I imagine a tired guy dropping the towel all day, then using it on my body....eeeek cringe...who knows how much dirts in that towel...they might as well use light grade sand paper.

Old 05-13-2005, 01:58 AM
i put a sign saying "do not wash my car" everytime I take my car there. Last time I accidentally let them washed it, I had swirl marks all over. MV Infiniti sux.

Old 05-13-2005, 03:35 AM
Originally Posted by mc2
did they scratch it washing it?

Did they know they scratched it or did you have to point it out to them?

1st time - went crazy with the impact wrench and scratched the wheel

2nd time - dropped my wheel repairing my axle

3rd time - curbed my wheels when they took it through the car wash

Old 05-13-2005, 03:59 AM
Never had any problems with the dealer washing the car. I just get real lazy sometimes especially when the car is covered in a layer of grime so I take it there.

In any case, Phil told me that the hand washes are no longer available anytime unless I ask a few days in advance, so I guess I will be washing the car myself for a while.

Whatever, I'm over it...

Old 05-14-2005, 07:16 PM
i wouldn't want any car dealership to wash my car anywayz...

Old 05-15-2005, 06:58 AM
Well I use hand car washes fairly regularly. I doubt the dealer is any worse than these guys. So considering I bought mine at MV, I wouldn't mind having a free wash anytime. But alas...I live too far from there.

Old 05-15-2005, 07:00 PM
My 3 rules when taking it to a dealer.
1. no wash
2. no lifts
3. doesn't leave the lot

Of course this pertains to the particular repair, if any of the above aforementioned need to be done, then I will do it myself.

I guess i'm a little obsessed.

Old 05-16-2005, 02:33 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by narkotic
My 3 rules when taking it to a dealer.
1. no wash
2. no lifts
3. doesn't leave the lot

Of course this pertains to the particular repair, if any of the above aforementioned need to be done, then I will do it myself.

I guess i'm a little obsessed.
No, you just realize that morons will be working with or around your car and you take proper precaution as do I.