Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

So Cal Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 04:41 AM
Team Transport Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have video of my car Gurgen and Rever's dyno's. I have no clue how to get them on the site.

I dont remember all 3 runs but they were 278 277 around there. No I'm not a big drag fan I dont see the fun or skill in driving in a straight line sorry

The thermal gasket is Tony's great Idea its the gasket that goes between the lower plenum and the actual intake manifold. It resist up to 60% of the heat and keeps it down below in the pistons. Im not 100% sure on the numbers Tony is the GOD for all that. But hot pistons and colder air flowing in equals power. (A lesson from DaveO)

All in all Im done with the car until F/I now Im just gonna keep tracking. Road racing is a drug I swear

Old 07-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Dsskyline
Anybody take any pics or vids and about how many cars showed up? Sorry for all the questions guys.
yeah are there any pics to post?? I really wanted to go to this dyno/meet, but missed this event cause I was attending my god sons ATA competition in Ontario..

Old 07-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Hi guys,

I'll get everything posted as quickly as possible. The files Shawn gave me are not in the usual text format. Thery are in DynaPack code so I will need to find out a way to convert it into excell format for plotting.

Old 07-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
It was a great time - nice to hang out with everyone! I got there first and was very disappointed in my initial run - 249hp, 245-250 TQ (it was weird though because it started out at 275TQ!)... anyway, I was real perplexed because on Stillen Dynojet I pulled 241 and that was prior to Tony's 1/2" spacer and TS ECU... I knew my butt dyno felt a lot more power (especially after the spacer install)... other sedans were posting 250-260 so I was real peeved! I knew I my numbers were off.

As it turns out, all other ATs were dynoing in 3rd gear... We originally did mine in 4th... I was determined to see wheat I really had so I waited for everyone else to get their dyno in and re-dyno mine late in the afternoon (in 3rd gear). I was MUCH happier – 271 HP!!! TQ is still a little low, just under 250. Having an AT sedan, I was very pleased with my final numbers. I was actually hoping to be in the 255-260 range, but DaveO kept me in check telling me not to get my expectations too high, so I figured 250-255 would be reasonable. 271 - I'll take it!!! - Thanks Tony! I knew my butt dyno wasn’t deceiving me - the spacer was a great upgrade! So far, it's had the most noticeable gain - and now dyno results confirm On a side note, I think the car is adapting to the TS ECU flash now... its been about 5 days and seems to be more pronounced as time goes on.

Tony, when you post the results, can you try to make a notation that my initial was in 4th gear – or delete it all together. Those numbers are pointless since everyone was testing in 3rd. Thanks.

Sorry you couldn't make it Derek - it was a good time and a few of us closed down a hot rod burger joint... man when DaveO gets on a roll there's no stoppin' him!! LOL j/k buddy! Thanks for all your help Dave!

Old 07-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by OCG35
...it was a good time and a few of us closed down a hot rod burger joint... man when DaveO gets on a roll there's no stoppin' him!! LOL j/k buddy! Thanks for all your help Dave!
yea! totally! he got on a roll! i was busy trying to comprehend everything that he said! this man knows a lot!

Old 07-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Didn't take to many pics, but here are a few..............

Attached Thumbnails So Cal Dyno Day-img_9801b.jpg   So Cal Dyno Day-img_9802b.jpg   So Cal Dyno Day-img_9805b.jpg   So Cal Dyno Day-img_9809b.jpg  
Old 07-17-2005, 02:30 PM

Attached Thumbnails So Cal Dyno Day-img_9824b.jpg   So Cal Dyno Day-img_9823b.jpg   So Cal Dyno Day-img_9813b.jpg   So Cal Dyno Day-img_9810b.jpg  
Old 07-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by vleo8181
yea! totally! he got on a roll! i was busy trying to comprehend everything that he said! this man knows a lot!
LOL!!! Yep, Dave's a great resource! - A wealth in info! I hear ya about trying to comprehend - some of the technical subject matter between Dave and Tony goes over my head!!! But the more I listen the more I learn. Like being in a seminar or lecture, of a 2 hr course the avg person will only retain about 20%... Guys like Tony and Dave (and several others) are very knowledgeable and willing to help out others! Great guys.

Shawn (Church Auto owner) was great too! I like his philosophy on customer service! He's knowledgeable and cares - many places lose that battle.

Old 07-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i captured alot of videos but they're 25mb for 13sec. wasn't my camera.
got some pics tho.

Attached Thumbnails So Cal Dyno Day-impul.jpg   So Cal Dyno Day-yellow.jpg   So Cal Dyno Day-spacer.jpg   So Cal Dyno Day-nos.jpg  
Old 07-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Hey Guys... This was a great day. Thanks to Wing for documenting the event, a true enthusiast. Thanks for the pics.

Let me clarify some of the numbers that ZaZa posted earlier. I made 405/392 trq/hp at 8.4 psi, and ~440/428 trq/hp at 12psi. i will posting a new thread in the FI forum along with my logs.

This was a lot of fun. We oughtta do it more often

Old 07-17-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by GurgenPB
Hey Guys... This was a great day. Thanks to Wing for documenting the event, a true enthusiast. Thanks for the pics.

Let me clarify some of the numbers that ZaZa posted earlier. I made 405/392 trq/hp at 8.4 psi, and ~440/428 trq/hp at 12psi. i will posting a new thread in the FI forum along with my logs.

This was a lot of fun. We oughtta do it more often
Gurgen!!! I thought your car was gonna friggen take off! It sounded like a damn Jet Airplane! 12psi! That was awesome!!!! - Nice

I concur - "we oughtta do it more often" - I look forward to your next dyno with new exhaust setup!

Old 07-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
I had a great time. It was a lot of fun. It was also equally hot too! Whew!

Old 07-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by zazaracing
I have video of my car Gurgen and Rever's dyno's. I have no clue how to get them on the site.

I dont remember all 3 runs but they were 278 277 around there. No I'm not a big drag fan I dont see the fun or skill in driving in a straight line sorry

The thermal gasket is Tony's great Idea its the gasket that goes between the lower plenum and the actual intake manifold. It resist up to 60% of the heat and keeps it down below in the pistons. Im not 100% sure on the numbers Tony is the GOD for all that. But hot pistons and colder air flowing in equals power. (A lesson from DaveO)

All in all Im done with the car until F/I now Im just gonna keep tracking. Road racing is a drug I swear
I'm running the previous (non-Kevlar) version (thermal gasket) and taking frequent temp readings... it is definitely keeping the plenum cooler! As far as equating lower temps to actual performance gains - Zaza is right; Tony is the human computer... I'm sure he will calculate somehow (what a wiz!).

I’ve done several things recently so I'm not sure what has had the most impact (although the spacer seems the biggest). But I can say I'm VERY pleased with he combination I have gone with so far!

Next - Headers, Cats, AT valve body (maybe) and minor suspension… then I’m done till FI too!

Dsskyline, did your plans change? are you sticking around a while?... If so, I'm still down for Qual Com 1/8 mile! PM me when you have a chance.

Old 07-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bone stock 05 6MT

Old 07-18-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by OCG35
Gurgen!!! I thought your car was gonna friggen take off! It sounded like a damn Jet Airplane! 12psi! That was awesome!!!! - Nice

I concur - "we oughtta do it more often" - I look forward to your next dyno with new exhaust setup!
It totally cought me off-guard too. It was truly incredible, and I was only standing on the side of the car, not behind it. Whewww, any good dyno run is good if you can walk away from it without blowign your engine...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So Cal Dyno Day