Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Just installed Stillen Valve body!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 02:15 AM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
Shifting is improved in D mode also, but you really notice it more in MM. I guess because you can shift from the rpm or gear at the time that you want in MM.

Old 06-17-2005, 02:55 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Dsskyline
You just drop your car off at stillen. The valve body only takes less than 1hr to remove (by stillen). The time comes in to modify your valve body which takes 4-6 hrs or longer, but it will be done the same day depending on what time you drop it off. I dropped my car off at 10am and got it back at 4pm. I can't remember the exact total but it was in between $900-$1000 (parts and installation). Albert if I can make the upcoming dyno day I'll let you take it for a spin if you like.
Derek - I didn't realize install was that much... do you think it's a better value than hi-flow cats and/or headers (with install)?.... I intend to do both eventually (VB and cats+headers) but with other current plans I don't want to spend 2-3K at once on these mods.

BTW, when I say "value" I'm not necessarily asking dollar for dollar... more so which will give more immediate gratification?

Old 06-17-2005, 04:44 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
BTW, when I say "value" I'm not necessarily asking dollar for dollar... more so which will give more immediate gratification?
ah! golden words. "immediate gratification". a.k.a. "instant gratification". isn't is what all this is about? punch the pedal - feel the speed...

well, i am in the same boat as you are - getting headers/cats, thinking of VB too... i can spend $2300 or $3300... both are quite a hunk of cash, but the choice is not clear... if i spend the larger hunk, will it give me the larger "immediate gratification"... so, we are all trying to plug into your cerebral cortex and see if we can remote sense whether an extra $1k is worth it... wow... i'm calling my mechanic tomorrow and telling him "we have a go for VB". or am i?...

Old 06-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
I would say VB since both you guys already have performance mods already. The VB you will feel right away where as with the headers and cats you might not and spend money to dyno to prove your butt-dyno right or wrong. If you guys are getting a TS reflash definately get the VB 1st then save up and get all your other mods and flash at the same time.

Old 06-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Dsskyline
I would say VB since both you guys already have performance mods already. The VB you will feel right away where as with the headers and cats you might not and spend money to dyno to prove your butt-dyno right or wrong. If you guys are getting a TS reflash definately get the VB 1st then save up and get all your other mods and flash at the same time.
Thanks Derek! I plan to finish 1/2 my planned mods now then go to TS... down the road I'll do the rest and have TS re-flash for $150. I guess VB is more on my radar now than before... decisions decisions.

Old 06-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djreinx,

Can you give us a more detailed review now that you have had some more driving time?

Old 06-20-2005, 06:15 PM
i am getting a Stillen VB this or next week, so i'll let you guys know too. but, yes, please, a more detailed review!!!

Old 06-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by codeflux
i am getting a Stillen VB this or next week, so i'll let you guys know too. but, yes, please, a more detailed review!!!
Cool, I look forward to knowing what you think about it... Are you driving down here to have them do it? Or shipping?

Old 06-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Cool, I look forward to knowing what you think about it... Are you driving down here to have them do it? Or shipping?
I am shipping. I will have my car in the shop for a few days - getting Crawford headers and cats, and reflashing ECU to L-spec - and they will do VB at the same time... can't wait, man. 4 pretty big mods, all at the same time... can't even imagine the results!!!

Old 06-20-2005, 11:25 PM
I am shipping. I will have my car in the shop for a few days - getting Crawford headers and cats, and reflashing ECU to L-spec - and they will do VB at the same time... can't wait, man. 4 pretty big mods, all at the same time... can't even imagine the results!!!
Man that's awesome!!! You must be giddy as hell! Congrats - let us know the results!

Mine is out-of-commission right now too - getting rims powder coated, then having all exterior door trim, handles and grill black-chromed (painted)... Finally getting rid of all the damn chrome! Then plenum spacer and a trip to Technosquare! Not quite as power-exciting as yours, but I'm a little giddy myself

Old 06-20-2005, 11:33 PM
Man that's awesome!!! You must be giddy as hell! Congrats - let us know the results!

Mine is out-of-commission right now too - getting rims powder coated, then having all exterior door trim, handles and grill black-chromed (painted)... Finally getting rid of all the damn chrome! Then plenum spacer and a trip to Technosquare! Not quite as power-exciting as yours, but I'm a little giddy myself
giddy indeedy! why you be chrome-hatin', playa?! i saw your G, or, should I say, GG, at Stillen day, and it looked slick. but i love the chrome look myself, so, to each his own, but do share the results!

now, about TS: you are fortunate to be in LA, as in, local to TS. i know you've read this thread - https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-dyno/56813-visit-technosquare-ecu-reflash-pics.html - but just in case others didn't. keep us all posted, as usual - yes, a proactive PICS request.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:45 PM
giddy indeedy! why you be chrome-hatin', playa?! i saw your G, or, should I say, GG, at Stillen day, and it looked slick. but i love the chrome look myself, so, to each his own, but do share the results!

now, about TS: you are fortunate to be in LA, as in, local to TS. i know you've read this thread - https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56813 - but just in case others didn't. keep us all posted, as usual - yes, a proactive PICS request.
Not hatin' on chrome... just don't like it on my car - looking for a dark, stealth thing I guess & a little unique... Without a doubt there are some HOT Gs out there with chrome of course!

You're up north right?... Man, you might as well move down here - Stillen, Technosquare, Motordyne, Kinetix you'd be right at home (although you have Crawford plenum) - On second thought, LA/OC isn’t all that it's cracked up to be (but you probably already know that).

Did you have your sedan at Stillen day?… I didn’t see many there. I think me and Sick were the only sedans to dyno…