Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

CHP ALL OVER the 5 fwy!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Sound Advice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You think the 5 is bad. I drove up to Vegas this weekend, I could not believe how many CHPs I saw on the 15. I felt like I was being followed or something. And luckly I was in my Tahoe going up there cause they are doing work on the 15 NB through and past Barstow and the freeway is F'd up. Bumps are so bad I thought I was going to loose control. It was bad on 22's, the G with thinner tires would have been really bad.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by jtrudeau
I went to school for the first one, and since I do (except for recently) have an overall good driving record, I'm gonna appear in court and ask the judge to grant me the ability to attend traffic school.
I take it you're in CA, since you are in this forum and in this thread you must be. If so, just an FYI - the judge will allow traffic school, it’s actually your decision not his... the problem is, since you've already gone within the last 12 months it will still appear on your MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) which is what the insurance company will look at the next time your renewal is due. Chances are your premiums will go up.

Even if you go to traffic school you have to pay the fine, so the judge doesn't really care whether you go or not, the DMV is who will put it on your record and the court will notify the DMV since you’ve already been in 12 months. If it were me, I'd save the money and time 'cause you really won’t benefit (unless you think you'll actually learn something).

Not telling you what to do, I just want to help you understand that it will still appear on your MVR. Moral of the story, if you're gonna get a ticket try to make sure they are spaced out more than 12 months at a time so traffic school can keep them from appearing on your record.

Good luck.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
05 6MT... yeah it was pretty cool.. lol it was on the 71fwy at 6am on sunday in the carpool lane.. cruised from one end of 71 to the other.

i owned alot of bugs tho =( lol. it felt pretty safe at that speed too.. and i dont have the aeropackage

edit: before anyone asks.. no i did not try to turn at that speed.. took like a 165degree bend without effort
Right on! Yeah, the 71 is nice and clear especially that time in the morning - with all the toll exists it's not as packed as normal freeways. The 241 is good too! I love that drive! Haven't felt comfortable enough (that it is clear of CHP) to push beyond 110 or so... I always back off in fear of getting caught. Due to previous ticket (see previous post), I need to be cautious for a few months!

Next Vegas trip though I'm opening it up!!!

Old 06-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Rudy
You think the 5 is bad. I drove up to Vegas this weekend, I could not believe how many CHPs I saw on the 15. I felt like I was being followed or something. And luckly I was in my Tahoe going up there cause they are doing work on the 15 NB through and past Barstow and the freeway is F'd up. Bumps are so bad I thought I was going to loose control. It was bad on 22's, the G with thinner tires would have been really bad.
Oh well, there goes my idea of opening it up on my next Vegas trip. What a drag... Thanks for the heads up Rudy. Hey BTW, I went to your shop last week... Josh was very cool - any chance I would get a better deal with you though?

Old 06-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Sound Advice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I can, I sent you a PM.